Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au (page 3 of 26)

Needs better servers.

Tons of cars, easy to use but the servers need an upgrade. Everytime ive used the site it always makes my computer slow and makes it so hard to search for cars to the Point I dont use it anymore

muso

musoSydney, NSW

Never Again- Not worth the stress

Duane

DuaneSydney, NSW

Good service - Beware of System Glitches

System glitches almost made me change my mind and use a competitor site. Tried 4 times before it worked and even then had to redo the add from the start due to photo upload issues and the system wiping my description. Massively frustrating. Once it worked thought, sold within an hour!!

November 22nd 2018 Update: Not thrilled but it works

Carsales.com.au is a bit expensive really even for the simplest type of ads that have some chance of working.
The carsales.com.au site is just one of many. I use it because it seems popular.
Massively hit by scammer buyers and security measures offered by carsales.com.au are extra cost when they should be automatically included.

Requested review and rating

Took too long sell, and had very few inquiries. Paid extra for a better ad, but was still more than 5 pages on when I did my own search - dealers seem to take the first pages and can't compete with that

TonyQld

TonyQldSunshine Coast

It is the place to sell a car... but...

Carsales

I had a good impression of carsale until I tried using it. I did not receive a lot of enquiry. A lot of people gave ridiculously low offer. it was mecedes B180

Brett

BrettPerth

Dodgy Practices by an Unscrupulous Few

I had a few people that contacted me that went as far as asking for my address and then they never turned up or respond when I contacted them to ask why. I felt that this was associated with a car dealer wanting to build up my hopes and then try to get me to lower my price. I also had two scam texts where the person was claiming to be buying the car as a graduation present for their son, saying they were a sailor away at sea, and wanting my bank account details to send me the money.

Tracy

TracyMelbourne

Not the best way to sell a car

Not the fault of the site, which is good in itself, but we had to deal with so many time wasters, taking time to meet with them (or responding to messages from people asking questions about details that were obvious in advert). Then getting ridiculously low offers. If people can't afford X amount to buy a car, then don't enquire about cars way above what you can afford. Simple. Would have been less hassle for us to to have traded our car in. People need to weigh up the costs of rego, insurance etc while hoping for a sale.

To expensive now

I have in the past moderate success selling cars on this site and the fee have risen a great deal over the years.I think now they are ridiculously expensive after the last hike. $68 to advertise a car worth up to $30000 and a whopping $95 over that amount is way too much.I know I am not the only one who has the same view as me.It was brought to my attention by another prospective seller who has gone elsewhere.

Ho-hum selling experience

Seller features are good, however for this low lms great condition car only 2 people actually come to view it in 3 months plus having to reduce the price significantly wasn't a great experience. Also your draconian rules regarding maximum number of ads in a year is questionable.

Zed49Sydney

They Love milking every dollar out of you

Very frustrating to pay nearly $100 to post an ad then a few weeks later want another $8 just for me edit and drop the selling price .

Zed49

I was using the official ap , and when editing my sale i could find no submit button to complete the edit.. the only option i found directed me to an area to which was going to charge me more money.

Don't trust instant offers. Wasting yor time!

Don't like the instant offers from crappy low-ball Pickles Auction. Wasted my time coz they offered a lot less than stated after half an hour inspecting the car.

Advertising is good - indicative prices are pointless

This platform provides good advertising and it is quite easy to use. The platform estimated sale price of the car I was selling was way above the level where I started to get any interest in the vehicle. By starting with the recommended price about $29k, I had gradually lowered the price to $25k before getting any interest - even then the offers were still well below the list price. Don't count on getting anywhere near the estimated price this website suggests. The car I was seeling was an Audi A3, two and half years old and just under 9000km.

Dedbny

DedbnyMelbourne

Car Sales

Not much interest that we thought we were going to get considering we paid for premium service. 16 watches over 2 months. Only 3 offers. Had to take last offer as needed to sell it. Well below market value and other prices previously sold of same speed car. Also advantage given to car dealers. You cant offer watches offers for discounts to incentive the buyers.

Bought and Sold!

Carsales is easy to use for buying and selling, however didn't receive any alerts re messages from prospective buyers. We successfully sold a car and also bought via carsales.

Find out how Carsales.com.au compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

Certianly could use improvments with communication of faults on the car slaes website

Very poor messaging service.. Many email notifications sent but no message in inbox of CS, used CS chat service and was told that there was a problem that couldn't be fixed... Poor service, poor communication of issue with email notification, customer service mostly unhelpful and certainly not apologetic about the issue.

Calcal

CalcalSydney

Car sales

I can't seem to delete my ad very easily from this site after the car is sold..The car selling part was not to difficult

Car Dealers are painful.

Most enquiries were from Car Dealers offering very low prices. Very painful to deal with, they were arrogant and some private sellers would of submitted to them and not got the price they wanted.
Some of the private enquiries sent a message but did not reply to my response. (Why bother to send a message in the first place?) The car did eventually sell at a price reduced from the original price it was listed for but higher than the Car Dealers offers.

Rocket2626

Rocket2626Newcastle

They wont let you delete the add unless you do their survey!!

The site itself is ok but when you chose to remove your add for whatever reason, they force you to answer questions about your experience before they let you do it. SHAMEFUL! What if you don't want to do it. Ambush marketing. I wont use them again because of this

DONT ACCEPT THE INSTANT OFFER ITS A SCAM

Muhammad M.Carsales.com.au

Kylie M.asked

Might be a dumb question but how do you mark your car as sold on your ad? I only have an option to pause the ad

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, not a silly question at all! We're actually looking to improve this function. Just under the 'pause ad' button you'll see 'remove ad', hit that then follow the prompts to remove your ad. If you have any trouble, give us a bell on 13 72 53 (13 SALE). -Alex

sorry I meant 'on hold'

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Kylie, To put your ad on hold click 'pause ad'. See the link below for more details.
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with. -Alex

Jacqueline Salmeron

Jacqueline Salmeronasked

If a car is put on hold how can you contact the seller if the option of sending them a message isn’t available?

Evangeline Deza

In my case I called/rang the seller and thankfully She answered it and there's a phone/mobile nos. that She provided anyway .

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Jacqueline, if a seller has put their ad on hold you wont be able to contact them unless you their number or messaged them before the ad was put on hold. If you have the ad saved and they remove the hold you'll get a notification. -Alex

milica p.

milica p.asked

How do a message a seller that has place a car on hold ?

Evangeline Deza

Well as for me , you either ask him/her to message you back if that person did not fulfill/buy that car ! Its up to the seller anyway !

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Milica and Evangeline, if a seller has put their ad on hold, it could be for a variety of reasons. You will only be able to contact them if you've previously messaged them (before the ad was put on hold) or obtained their phone number when the ad was live. If you're interested in the car, we'd suggest keeping the ad saved as you'll get an alert if it's taken off hold and advertised again. It's possible the car has been sold and the seller has stopped the ad for the moment while they ensure the sale if final. -Alex

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives