• Power
Fan

FanHunter Region, NSW

Love it, but need light that can go with it

Have bought 2 of these fans and love them, but have been trying to buy the light that goes with them can’t find where I can buy them from, any ideas

Purchased in November 2019.

Lisa Hoff

Lisa HoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Installation is a scam

Have tried 3 times to get it installed. I will be returning the 3 fans I have purchased for a refund. People should be able to purchase a product and if it comes with installation, actually get what they have paid for!

Light comes on after power outage

We have 3 in our BNB and when there is a power outage all three lights turn on when it comes back on. Not good for guests in the middle of the night

Purchased in October 2017 at Greensborough for $169.00.

Find out how ALDI Ceiling Fan compares to other Ceiling Fans

Great fan pity about the service

I like everyone else had not luck trying to get CASA or their appointed contractor to install the product, I have since had an electrician do the job and the fan is great I can’t fault, however talking to CASA about a refund of the installation portion, well no wonder they can’t do it they allow $65.00 for installation, show me any tradesman that will travel up to 20km to install a fan, they even asked me for a name of a sparky in Rockhampton, gotta be kidding guys

andrewkadfpSouth East Queensland, QLD

runs well and very quietly

I assembled and installed 3 of the Maui Black DC fans in 1 large room.
I rarely trouble Electricians with these simple jobs as a lot are greedy and do a crap job.
I ran them each through a switch so I can cut the power to them if needed.
You can make the remote control run all 3 if you want.
And control from elsewhere in the house.
I like them as they rev low with little noise but as effective as an AC fan on high with only 45 watts.
They run quite cool as well up here in Qld where it is 30 plus all summer.

Tanya

TanyaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed

After numerous calls and completion of their online booking system twice making dates never heard back had to organise an electrician To install ours very disappointing
As the fan itself is great but forget about the inclusion of installation as you would never have it installed Aldis should not use nuathome they are useless I hope Aldi will refund all of the people including myself with this issue I will never again purchase
An item from aldis which includes installation as it simply does not happen
When I rang nuathome for the 4 th time they told me to return the dan to Aldis if Im not happy ???they are suppose to install it
I paid for it in the purchase ???

Purchased in November 2019 at Aldis Queanbeyan .

Gavin M

Gavin M

nuathome are USELESS! ALDI, sort out your support suppliers and don't advertise things that can't be delivered!

Would to to comment on the fan's working- unfortunately I can't because despite TWO calls to have this installed with nuathome, I am still waiting. Fans were purchased in October! Going to get these installed privately and charge back to Aldi. I would consider returning them but want them in for Christmas. Its also ludicrous that they want to charge $33 for an electrical certificate as part of the installation. I have not had this with my electrician who installed the wiring to the fan points, it was included as part of the job.

Non-existent after-sales service

As with so many others, I am unable to comment on product quality as I have been unable to get it installed! I gave it 4 attempts then gave up and got a refund. Whoever was awarded the installation contract is clearly woefully underprepared to fulfill their commitments. I hope this is a lesson to Aldi to set up arrangements that can actually be met.

Mike S.

Mike S.Mid North Coast, NSW

Disappointing service

Only one star rating as something has to be selected, would prefer a negative star rating. Purchased fan in September, at least 10 phone calls to ALDI customer service to be informed that they would escalate our issue and supervisor will return our call. Well still waiting for that return call, fan still in box waiting for installation. Starting to believe this is a case of false advertising on Aldis part. Have now received an email stating installer will contact prior to Xmas.......further stall tactics..may be a call to ACCC to report the false advertising should be the next step. Very disappointing as we wanted the fan installed for use over Christmas.

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $499.00.

CristC

CristCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sending these back. Installation is never going to occur

I like the other two people above experienced the same.
Decided going to return them and get a full refund
Well I have returned it and got better deal on Ebay with a Martec and it came with a light.
With installation I saved over $150

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI for $499.00.

Avin

AvinPerth, WA

Installation ends up costing more than product

As the product came with installation but the weird thing was the Electrician mentioned that Fan could be wired directly to existing setup first, but after talking to supervisor he said he needed to charge me an additonal 198$ per install, some of installation charges are just ridiculous

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $299.00.

Bob900

Bob900South East Queensland, QLD

Great quality fan for the price

Good air movement, quiet operation. Easy to operate remote control with timer. I notice it can be used for outdoor so may even get one for outdoor area as well. Very happy with this fan.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for $199.00.

Noise Level

Do not expect it to be installed.

I have been waiting a month to get mine installed. Booked it in 4 times, no one turns up. Ring the company, they just give you a lame reply. Taking in back to get my mum back. No happy.

MakalekaHunter Region, NSW

Not as good as I thought!

Bought this fan December 2018 and it worked beautifully all that summer and a few times this spring of 2019. Suddenly it has failed - it only fires up intermittently and then stops, sending out beeps from the ceiling. Replaced the battery but no change. Rang 1800 number but at 2.40pm Friday 29/11 they have closed for 'Christmas festivities' and not open until Monday. Would appreciate any suggestions from anyone who has had a similar experience.

Purchased in December 2018 for $199.00.

Carol

CarolSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never buy from aldi

I have been waiting two months to get my fan installed. I have rang ten times, waited home two whole days and no one turned up. I am going to take it back. This has just been a very stressful situation. Aldi should be ashamed.

Purchased in October 2019 at Kenmore for $499.00.

Michelle Templeton

Michelle TempletonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cannot get it installed

I have tried to get this fan installed 3 times with no luck.
Called numerous times also with no luck in getting a call back. Really disappointing from Aldi, this product was advertised with installation included.

Failed to get installation

Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate product review as we have been unable to arrange installation. We have made 2 separate online bookings and followed up with numerous calls each time to be told the installation team would have to call us back - they never did.
After several weeks of this we made an official complaint to which we finally received a call back (some days later) and a voicemail promising someone from the installation team would call us back in another 10 days time to arrange an installation date. It has now been 3+ weeks since we were supposed to receive a call but nothing yet..
Sick of waiting and plan to return the fan and find a better deal elsewhere.

Helen

HelenVictoria

This is the worst service I have ever encountered .

I have made an online booking and 13 subsequent phone calls and had no correspondence at all
This product was sold with installation included in the price and Aldi are not honouring this
I will be taking this further with the media and consumer affairs
I would like to be able to connect on the performance of the produce etc however it is still sitting in its box uninstalled!!

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $400.00.

Jason R.

Jason R.South East Queensland, QLD

Not installed yet - 6 weeks in and 3 non attended installation dates

Cant get it installed as nuathome are rubbish, booked three times and received a limo phone call about problems on their booking system. I DO NOT recommend this product to anyone

Purchased in September 2019 at ALDI.

Power

Cant get it installed without paying extra charges.

Bought two fans and which are supposed to be complete with installation only to find out you have to pay extra charges for safety certificate which is not required as fans are to be plugged into existing power sockets . Buyer beware Nuathome installations are ripping people off.
returning fans and purchasing two martec albatross 72' fans from ceiling fans direct., $220 cheaper.

Purchased in October 2019 for $998.00.