Casa Life (Aldi) Ceiling Fan

Casa Life (Aldi) Ceiling Fan

Excellent value

Very good value fan with quiet dc motor, led light and remote control. As an installer, they are great to install. Arlen have stepped up with their fans compared to their older designs.

Purchased in August 2018.

Noise Level

Works great

Purchased on special. So far has worked fine with no issues. Remote working fine and fan is quiet in operation with good functions. No complaints for the price. light is bright. Was tricky trying to fit the receiver into the top cover.

Purchased in November 2018.

Let down by a cheap controller

Hard to see why Aldi persevered with this product after all the controller failures. Our fan was used approximately 3 times in 3 years for the rare hot night. This summer we went to turn it on and the controller recognised the remote but it wouldn't turn on even after several attempts at resetting the fan/remote. When I looked at the reviews surprise, surprise, I was not the only one with controller failure. I emailed Brilliant Lighting asking to buy a new controller as it's just a plug and play setup but heard nothing back from them. The current fan that Aldi sells has wisely gone back to a wall controller and is a lot cheaper than the 149 we paid, so I will probably buy this product again but definitely not if it ever comes out with a remote again.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Could not get fan to work and customer service at CASa Life poor

Bought 3 dc fans. 2 worked and one would not power up. Rang customer service 3 times eventually a person spoke to me and said she would send instructions to sync the fan nothing about this in the instruction. Still waiting for the email after she said she would send straight away.
All other comments I totally agree with.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great quality fan

Great quality fan for the money...paid $99 on special
Easy to install albeit a little congested withl the controller and all the wires to fit in the cover dome , would be easier if the blades could be fitted after install rather than before.
led light is very bright for a small room.
Remote is vety easy to use with good features such as timed shutdown.
Overall a great fan.

Fan with faulty light

We purchased celling fan from Aldi in end of November and after installation fan's light did not work at all. Fan itself works fine . so we contacted warranty people after many calls and emails still waiting to get replacement. It's brand new product it should be checked from the company. Warranty service not good at all. Aldi should be aware of this before putting up for sale.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

A dud

As a 61 yr old electrician ( semi retired) I have installed many fans, but rate this a dud. As others have noted there is barely room for the receiver to squeeze into the housing. After modifying the mount bracket to accommodate this, and then powering it all up - nothing. Suspect a faulty receiver. Rang the support no in Melbourne, and yes the guys were very helpful, but not their fault the item is defective. Went through all the usual electrical fault finding with them and we concluded: refund or service call. Pulled it down, disassembled and back to Aldi for a refund!

Works great

Works great - original review was negative, but it turned out the electrician was the problem, he didn't check that the connections were ... what's it called? oh, that's it .. CONNECTED

Turns out this fan is absolutely great! Looks good, works great, and far cheaper than anything else on the market

Electrican took 2 hours to install

Electrical guy had trouble installing as he said there is no room for the wiring and box to try and connect it up. Once in works great but costly installation . If there was a little more room to work with and could be installed quicker I would buy more as go like it compared to my other fans

2018 Casalife fan 3 blade

Had an electician out to fit in our bedroom. Found brand new fan had a faulty reciever fan does not work. Once electician plugged receiver in all pluggs were loose and arching. Really disappointing fan paid in full..electrician had to be paid as he fully wired it up and unstalled it. $400 dollars later in total a ceiling fan that does not operate. Told to email warranty proof of purchase to eglolighting so just waiting on reply. All up not worth the hassles and havent even swirched it on.

Lasted Just 5 Days

Fan installed on tuesday
On saturday could not turn it off using the remote control, had to use the wall switch.
The remote control and the receiver would then not talk to each other.
Tried resetting as per instruction book. No luck. It would appear the receiver is faulty.
Rang the support number, Warranty claim seemed like a long winded procedure.
Returned fan to Aldi for full refund.
It was nice and quiet on the 2 nights we used it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

the fan is great except for glow of the light

the only problem that we have with the ceiling fan is when we have it on at night the light is still on how do we stop it from coming on as i have trouble sleeping as it is and with glow of the light its very hard apart from that the fan is great

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Noisy

Had four installed recently 3 out of the four are noisy - sounds like a pig snorting! It does have great air flow but the noise is soo annoying. Thankfully for our bedroom I bought an Early Settler “Bali” fan & it’s whisper quiet, sorry I didn’t get all those fans

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Aldi celing fan

Fan keeps turning off and electrician said receiver faulty. Lost receipt so fan plus installation equals $320 gone. From other comments seen this seems to be a regular problem. Light is also extremely bright and cannot be dimmed or alternate bulbs purchased. Very disappointed with this product and will not purchase electrical stuff from aldi again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Changing my review. Found receipt and ceiling fan was replaced without a problem. If it keeps working i am happy with how quiet it is and it circulates air well.

Disappointed with warranty!

I bought this fan and had it installed and the LED light is faulty, no worries it's got warranty. I rang Aldi, was told that I would have to deal with brilliant lighting, I spoke with them and they said that I had to fill out a warranty form on the internet and they would send out an Electrician, hmm all they way out here?. So off I went, found the receipt, logged on and started filling it out. Now I live in a remote area and as I'm filling out the form, I see at the bottom of the page that they will only cover the first 30mins of travel for the Electrician in a city otherwise it is up to me to pay for it. It will be worth more than the fan!!! Very disappointed!!!

Inexpensive but reliable

Bought this ceiling fan for my son's room after looking at a bunch of others that were twice the price. Installed 5 weeks ago and runs perfectly. The light is extremely bright but otherwise the fan is quiet and looks good on the ceiling. Was also easy to install for the electrician. very happy and would by another one no problem.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Product, Super Quiet

Replaced an old dust collecting five globe light fitting with this very modern looking Ceiling Fan with DC motor, LED light and remote control. I am impressed by the quietness of the unit, which is apparently due to the DC motor. Has 5 speeds controlled by remote, on low speeds you can hardly hear it, and at top speed it's audible but nowhere near loud.
Comes with a balancing kit but have not had to use it as there is basically no movement of the fan at low speeds and only very slight movement at top speed, when installed straight out of the box.
With the remote you have control of all functions including fan on/off, light on/off, fan speed, and direction of blade rotation.
LED light is bright, so for some may be an issue, but not something I am concerned about.
The only thing I have found a little annoying is that every time you use the remote the unit "beeps".
The electrician who installed the fan did comment that getting the remote receiver and all the wiring inside the canopy was problematic because of lack of space. Took longer than expected due to lots of fiddling to get it all to fit in the small space.

Pros - Great price. Energy efficient. Looks good. Whisper quiet. Remote controlled.
Cons - The "beep" when operating via remote.

Integrated LED light malfunctioned after 4 days

Bought the 4 blade ceiling fan with integrated LED light on the Wednesday 25 Nov 2017. Had it installed on the Thursday. Worked fine until the following Monday when the light decided to pack it in. Unfortunately, as the LED light is an integrated part of the unit, you cannot just replace a globe. The entire unit needed to be removed and replaced. Ripped it out and took it back for a refund. It was a mistake buying this product.
PRO's - Quiet operation. (DC Motor).
CON's - (Apart from the fault). Took some time to balance the blades with weights supplied. Was way out of balance when straight out of the box, causing excessive wobble. Also, the LED light is very bright so if this is the only option for lighting in the situation, it may be too bright and cannot be adjusted or altered. No option to replace globe.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Aldi ceiling fan / light combo

Our fan/light works well.
We bought 6 and they work great.
I installed them, & found out fast, they won't work unless you program them - not hard.
Very quiet, 5 speed selection, BUT (and there always is), the light is very very bright - non dimmable but still ok.
Looks like we'll place something in the light cover (and not paper

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Bought 2 three blade fans. SO GOOD!

I found two timber 3 blade fans with brushed metal console on sale at Aldi. Mine are the style without lights. Bought both hoping for the best. Both installed and they look amazing, Equivalent to $300 to $400 fans sold in the major retailers. These are the only fans I have ever had that don't make a sound nor shake about. Remote works fine although you do have to get closer to the fan than usual. Very pleased overall. Went to another Aldi and found the last remaining black metal fan. Sparky was so impressed he sent his wife looking for more.

Date PurchasedJun 2017