Cash Converters

Cash Converters (page 2 of 18)

Physical Shop, Online Shop, Short Term Loans

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (7), Variable Rate (1) and Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (3) · No (37)

False Advertising on discounts if you pay back early in 7 Days

If you pawn an item to get a loan with them, and they advertised that you will get a biggest discount if you pay it back within 7 days, be aware that it means that you have to go back on the 8th day before you can get your item back. (Police regulation and Pawnshop Act).
But if you "beg enough", they will happily break the law.
They call it as doing you a favor (act of kindness). What a lot of nonsense.

Rude Staff and Extremely inaccurate valuations

Ashjadee
AshjadeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Rip offs

Cash converters take from the poor and rip them off. They rob people who are down on there luck, You offer them expensive items & they give you next to nothing then sell it for triple what they gave you or for nearly retail value. It's a joke. disgusting behaviour.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Kitty
KittyGEORGES HALL

they take you for a ride

Cash Converters take expensive items from people hard on their luck and in need of money, pay them a pittance for it, then sell it at retail price when the items are clearly used. I estimate they earn approx 200% to 300% on top of what they paid.
Don't sell to Cash Converters, sell online through your own means.
Don't purchase from Cash Converters cause they are not giving you any reasonable discount for the item being second hand.
Dirty Dogs.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Horrible staff

I am a disabled veteran who approached the Wagga store right on closing to try and sell something
The woman there said we close in 2 minutes so I went to my car and got the item as soon as I left she shut the door I went back within 30 secs and I was ignored.
I suppose they thought it was funny .
I sometimes really wonder why I served my country and got fked up for idiots like that

Andy
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

Cash Converters Sunshine online purchase

I bought a Milwaukee impact bit set from CC Sunshine and the whole process was positive. Email confirmation of purchase, followed by shipping updates and my item arrived in Brisbane several days later. Would definitely recommend this store for online purchases.

Carlo
CarloSydney, NSW

Gave below market value on gold

Quote was not given market value
Did not weigh items in full view
Offered 10% of valuations
Disappointing experience not satisfied with the outcome

Danny C.
Danny C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Call centre is worst than Telstra.

I'm almost certain the woman I was talking to on the phone was drunk. Not only this, they also have connection issues and do not call back when you drop out.

TONY MONTANA
TONY MONTANASydney, NSW

Very untrustworthy

LizJane
LizJaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible service

I sold some silver Vera Wang Jewellery. They gave me $5 for the earrings and $10 for the necklace. I saw them online and they are selling the earrings for $115 and the necklace for $199. Total rip off. Most of their jewellery is overpriced and I could buy it cheaper in a shop. The people that work there say they would never buy jewellery from anywhere else because their stuff is so cheap.

SMC
SMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Bother - They only target people on Centerlink

Employed
Paid 2 existing loans off (7 months early)
Apply for another small amount, declined because of apparent changes to my credit file
Total load of bullsh*t from this Mob.
Bet you if would be a different story if my income was centerlink.
Don't waste your time, head over to spotmenow, much better, actually approve people and don't treat loyal customers like crap, honestly waste of time.

Worst decision one can ever make

Obscene about of ridiculous extra charges. Never explained them properly even after asking them. Had to pay over 3000$ for a 1300$ loan. Tons of extra hidden charges. Very bad customer service.

Angel A
Angel ASydney, NSW

do not purchase technology from them

under no circumstances DO NOT PURCHASE TECHNOLOGY FROM. bought a laptop. mother board died months 2 weeks. there products are poor quality. will not repair. basically anything bought after 3 months straight to the bin . not covered. misleading ripoffs. zero stars worse than terrible

Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA

Cash converters

Osborne park walk in get loan against goods but little guy behind counter look fat people on Charlie and the chocolate factory move very very frightening towards me then went though a punch after told him leave me alone called head security that apparently in Melbourne ban me.

Lachlan D.
Lachlan D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Item arrived broken, clearly wasn't checked.

I checked that the item I wanted had no issues.
Bought a microphone recorder.
Item arrived broken, would not turn on, faulty power switch.
The type of break was internal is not the sort of thing that likely happens in transit. It was clearly not checked.
I paid for express because I needed it asap. Called the store, they couldn't help. Had to wait days for a higher up.
Then had to wait till the item was shipped back to get a refund so I could get another.

Products should be checked before sale, and store staff trained to handle refunds.