Cash Converters

Cash Converters (page 2 of 8)

Physical Shop, Online Shop, Short Term Loans
See the Best Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cash Converters? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (5) and Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (29)
TONY MONTANA
TONY MONTANASydney, NSW

Very untrustworthy

LizJane
LizJaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible service

I sold some silver Vera Wang Jewellery. They gave me $5 for the earrings and $10 for the necklace. I saw them online and they are selling the earrings for $115 and the necklace for $199. Total rip off. Most of their jewellery is overpriced and I could buy it cheaper in a shop. The people that work there say they would never buy jewellery from anywhere else because their stuff is so cheap.

SMC
SMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Bother - They only target people on Centerlink

Employed
Paid 2 existing loans off (7 months early)
Apply for another small amount, declined because of apparent changes to my credit file
Total load of bullsh*t from this Mob.
Bet you if would be a different story if my income was centerlink.
Don't waste your time, head over to spotmenow, much better, actually approve people and don't treat loyal customers like crap, honestly waste of time.

Worst decision one can ever make

Obscene about of ridiculous extra charges. Never explained them properly even after asking them. Had to pay over 3000$ for a 1300$ loan. Tons of extra hidden charges. Very bad customer service.

Angel A
Angel ASydney, NSW

do not purchase technology from them

under no circumstances DO NOT PURCHASE TECHNOLOGY FROM. bought a laptop. mother board died months 2 weeks. there products are poor quality. will not repair. basically anything bought after 3 months straight to the bin . not covered. misleading ripoffs. zero stars worse than terrible

Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA

Cash converters

Osborne park walk in get loan against goods but little guy behind counter look fat people on Charlie and the chocolate factory move very very frightening towards me then went though a punch after told him leave me alone called head security that apparently in Melbourne ban me.

Lachlan D.
Lachlan D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Item arrived broken, clearly wasn't checked.

I checked that the item I wanted had no issues.
Bought a microphone recorder.
Item arrived broken, would not turn on, faulty power switch.
The type of break was internal is not the sort of thing that likely happens in transit. It was clearly not checked.
I paid for express because I needed it asap. Called the store, they couldn't help. Had to wait days for a higher up.
Then had to wait till the item was shipped back to get a refund so I could get another.

Products should be checked before sale, and store staff trained to handle refunds.

betty swalls
betty swallsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Liars

After two incidents with utterly incompetent workers never again.This was the second upsetting time first was ingle farm a guy there had absolutely no idea what he was doing or saying & tried fooling to me on a subject/item there's probably nothing I don't know about.Then modbury are a waste of time with totally shocking lowballing & more nonsense & bravado,absolutely terrible customer treatment.

Patricia H
Patricia HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Usually many items to choose from

Good selection of second hand goods .
When comparing to new prices , ( for the same make or manufacturer , or brand ) the items in the store were grossly overpriced.
It`s unfortunate , but pricing really needs to be looked at , it`s not at all realistic.
Better buy new.

Jelly
Jelly

Lies don't help your business

You state that 100 points of ID are accepted online, after walking two suburbs, I was denied because my photo Id was expired. I have my Medicare, Birth certificate and more than 100 points, only to be told outright that I need Photo ID.

Don't lie to customers, this is deplorable. You legit screwed my entire day up by lying to customers.

Appalled
AppalledNorth Queensland, QLD

Awful for selling gold

Where I am in Townsville they offer $10 a gram for 9ct gold .... that’s about a third of its scrap value with any major scrap buyer in larger cities. They charge a standard rate of $40 a gram for 9ct which is reasonable for purchasing - just never sell to them.
It also seems to be inconsistent with what cash converters will pay in larger cities which seems strange.

Never buy from them please save yourself

Jamie Card
Jamie CardCanberra 2600, ACT

Storeman Criminals

Put my new s10 in cause of new baby commits for $180.00 loan. On the seventh day it was on loan I payed the debit to take possession of my new s10 back only to find that my screen has been lifted scratches and chip where the screen had been lifted. My new s10 now rattles for the $62.00 interest cash converters charged did more than $350.00 damage. Thanks cash converters storeman criminals who are employed to literally steel lie and cheat there customers. Never again gutted, and so is my new s10.

Soft Honny B.
Soft Honny B.Perth, WA

Greenwood cash converters the worst store I have ever experienced!

I went to pay my loan after the Christmas holidays only to find out that my favourite ring was already sold !! No apology nothing !!! I purchased this ring from another cash converters for $1000 and they only gave me $160 and sold it from under me!

Mel
Mel

Terrible offers on good quality products.

Go to ebay or gumtree. Sellers beware, the smug little shop assistants have obviously trained to give you the lowest online selling price for your hard earned goods. They try to scam you to sell your good quality products for next to nothing. They only buy things from you if they can make 200% on what they buy from you. Do not sell your goods there. As a local I would not step back into your store every again, its a big insult, its not a family brand.

Rogue
RogueNew South Wales

DEPLORABLE

Customer Service was Cold and Sterile.
High extra Costs, due to the intrest rate of 49%p.a. Misinformation occurs due to there automated system. Which in turn rejects your application due to misinformation. And the Rate of this loan was Massive. 48 to 49%p.a.

Total dishonesty

Agreed to buy 4 car wheels, with the condition that if they did not fit i could return them for a full refund .Asked for this condition in writing which was agreed prior to paying..After handing over money ,gave me a receipt, but refused to sign it,,,,,every excuse was offered. I refused to leave, without my money back ,,After a heated conversation,and embarrassed staff due to customers
Being witnesses,i received my money back,,,,, extreamly dishonest ,dont accept their word ..only in writing can you be confident..

Flip
FlipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yeh right

The only way I’d recommend these loan sharks is if I was 100% guaranteed to work 50 hours a week, have an income of 150,000 a year and had won powerball worth 55 million. Apart from that don’t bother.

James Crack
James CrackCentral Queensland, QLD

There no good.

Cash Converters application forms a flaud. There system is Flaud. I don't have a Cigno loan. Certainly not at $129 a fortnight. There no good. They need to there ways. There all no good. Hope no one working for this sort of so and so scum have an accident over. It will be there karma.

Adam W.
Adam W.Sydney, NSW

Disgusting

Cash converters wouldn't even give a $300 loan to a bushfire victim. I would never support this vermin company whatsoever..avoid at all costs. Disgraceful company! Shut them down now plz

foxylady
foxyladyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Pathetic!

Cash Converters are a complete rip-off!! I sold them a Ruby and Cubic Zirconia Ring valued at $500 - but they only offered me a miserable $45 for the ring!! They need to regulated so people are at least offered a decent amount for their item that they want to sell. Avoid them at all costs if you can help it!!

Colin Youseef
Colin YouseefPerth, WA

Pathetic, untrustworthy and a complete waste of time

If I could write a 0 star review I would, dont waste your time. Sure, you might get approved for your first loan but once youve paid it off they wont bother to help again. I was short of cash and desperately need money to get back to Adelaide and for some reason I never met their requirements, pls note that Ive been a valued customer for almost 2 years and have never missed a payment. I will no longer use their service again, very frustrating and disappointed.

MissyMoo92
MissyMoo92Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't bother.

I was declined. Poor customer service. Disgusting lending policies. Never going to bother again. I simply needed help with my son's 2020 school fees and Booklist. Super fast declined application.

Fire4FX
Fire4FXSydney, Australia

Torrensville Adelaide store

Critically True
Critically TrueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We Only Sell this for 'Insert Crap Lie' Lowballing scammers would be putting it nicely.

FACT: Cash Converters will offer you WELL below retail, around 5% of retail value. DVDs are bought for 16c each but sold at $2 each.

$80 mouse? How about 5 bucks? Dont let these parasites take your valuables and money. They feed off the desperation of the struggling everyday Aussies and have the audacity to charge an arm and a leg for faulty products, and always seem to mention your warranty when purchasing, remember store warranty expiration means zilch, they use it to mislead the uninformed, consumer law overrides store warranty.

I hope and pray Cash Converters goes out of business and the employees join the rest of us struggling Australians to see what its really like!