Cash Converters

Cash Converters (page 4 of 8)

Physical Shop, Online Shop, Short Term Loans
See the Best Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cash Converters? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (5) and Line of Credit (1)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (29)

Beware if you’re applying for a personal loan online

Whatever you do, don’t apply for a personal loan online, you’re likely to be declined. Go into your local store as someone will be there to listen to you and will make the process a lot more easier in the long run. I’m doing that next time

LizJane
LizJaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't get much for products

I recently sold a pearl 14ct gold pearl bracelet that cost $180. I only got $10.00 for the bracelet as I was told they don't pay much for pearls. I was in the shop and saw that it was being sold for $119.00. I could not believe it. I asked the jewellery person and she said I do my research and because it was a brand name that was why it was priced at that amount. Cash converters rip you off and don't care about your situation. I wish they were not in business as they have no morals.

ZuluTango
ZuluTangoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buyer Beware - Cash Converters Online

Gizzy
Gizzy

[name removed] at epping worst

Worst ever customer service [name removed] at Epping offered $100 In stead of $150 that Preston does don't see her
Dont go there

Ted.E
Ted.E

Be Warned, as the marked price isn't always correct.

Tried purchasing a few DVD Box Sets at the Knox City (Vic) store. Thought I'd found a bargain, only to be be told that the price sticker(s) were incorrect and it would be more expensive. I stated that the mistake was not mine and they should honour the ticketed price. He then amended the price in front of me and decided to give me a slight discount, which was still more than the original marked price. I pointed out if this is the way they run their business, then why put a price sticker on anything as you can make up an amount on the spot. I didn't like his aggressive attitude towards me at all, so I won't be returning ever again. Your loss..... Anyway, about 50 metres across the road is a JB Hifi store so I bought my DVD's new instead.

Very disappointed, terrible, shocking rip off

I bought 18 carat gold bangle 8.9 grams at morooka for $396.0.
I needed cash and wanted to sell at my nearest dealer [ browns pains Brisbane.
He gave me the lowest price $175.0.
Also he said it weighed only 8.6 grama
Terrible.
I will never go there again.
They are shocking rip off. Good in selling with highest price they squeeze out from customers.
I will never dealing with them again.
GOLD buyers are better me I will go to GOLD Buyers - they are transparent about their price.

Appalling sales device - Parramatta

I would consider myself to be quiet an intelligent individual, I enjoy walking through these retail shops and have in the past found some bargains relating to the jewellery sections. This store however are in a league of their own!!! They appear all extremely uneducated and very rude...
I’m always treated like an idiot and spoken to with absolutely no respect. Clearly the sales assistants in Pmta store think they are above everyone!

Juliedaniels
JuliedanielsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking rip off!

Cash converters give the lowest amount for the highest interest. There are much better out there if you need help. Brisban Gold Company, Annerley, are fantastic. Great prices from the loveliest man, totally trustworthy, kind.

Andy
AndyPerth

Never walk in and trade in for money

They are a scammer and they buy from u a low price , but when customer want to purchase the product they sell it a high price . What a stupid company and likes to cheat on people

Aaa
AaaAdelaide

Never buy something from here

Don't buy anything from here! First of all, customer service is crap, all the worker is ever so rude, no respect don't know if they want to make some sales. We bought a drill product that comes with two battery, on the first day the battery wasn't working at all, and of course the second battery broke down after using it three times, within a week! Ridiculous! Went in and all they say was 'no guarantee battery, nothing I can do' (what a solution). Never buy anything from here, waste of time, they sell faulty items.

You gotta be kidding me

Yesterday I take my New N3DS XL to the shop and ask how much can I sell it for (I bought it along with 1 game, charger and a case. Cost me about $370) Since I buy it I only use for 105 hours in total from last year since I don't have much time. The condition is almost brand new and I want to sell it for $160 along with everything since I need some cash. They said we are selling these item for "a bit less" so the best we can give you for these items is $55. Are you joking??? I bought these things for nearly $400 and they says it's only worth $55? "A...Bit...Less". I would still go for it if they give me $130 or even $120 but $55? I left the store.

Chris
ChrisAdelaide

SCUM SCUM SCUM

Cash converters prey on the poor, the destitute, and the needy. The goods they sell in there stores have been sold to them by people who are at rock bottom and have had to sell there goods For next to nothing to get by. I don't know how they can live with themselves knowing that they make there living by ripping off the poor. Disgusting excuse for a human being. The world would be a better place without you.

Adam
AdamMelbourne

Loan declined i work my friend approved on the dole!!!

I have been declined for a loan from Cash Converters. They stated my out goings were 97% of my wage (this is not true at all ) and therefore not able to obtain the loan, i work full time and can easily afford the repayments, the frustrating part is my friend who has a bad credit rating was approved for a loan for the same amount on Centrelink with a lot more out goings that me. Seems they only want to lend to people who may have issues with their repayments and therefore making more money on late fees. Very disappointment with the double standards.

Mark WissmanSydney, NSW

Loans - They’ve always helped me out!

Matthew Cardier
Matthew Cardier

Generally poor service

Tom K.
Tom K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really slow and over-jolly

Ridiculous low balling offers to decent return customers

I was shocked by the Rudeness at modbury Adelaide store. (Note to staff ) When trying to price check an item presented of eBay, before insulting your customers with a totally stupid offer then maybe Quote in AUS $ instead of US$ and maybe try including shipping cost as well also looking up correct part number helps !! Easy stuff for well trained staff before you would think. I was Offered only $20 on item $500 new $265+ second hand online price Insulting! I only wanted a loan against it for three days not to sell. Lost for words. Weekend staff @ Modbury Adelaide cash converters hold your heads in shame.

Bubble
BubbleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cash converters Caloundra

Has the most disgusting workers there customer skills are possibly the most rudest in Queensland. The staff gossip and talk to each other instead serving customers.
When cash converters chooses a face for their company I am not really sure what their standards are but they must be very low. You often given one answer replies to questions ie No.
with online shopping and competitive pricing shoppers do not have to and will not put up with bad customer service, let alone rudeness.

MIke
MIkeGold coast

Disgusting prices for second hand stuff and very dirty

For second hand items its so expensive the staff dont bargain at all . You dont feel welcomed and the shop is disgustingly dirty. I couldnt believe they had ipads priced at $450.00 (not the pro) while new from apple is $467
Not to mention they have no idea about elechtronics. When you asked them to do a better deal if you buy a few items they refuse to do or they will discount you nearly nothing. Guys rememember these are second hand products so your prices are too high for what you offer. There are other cash converters way better than this shop.
Better pay a bit more and buy them new.

Don't do it

I have gotten a few loans and advances from Cash Converters, they are money hungry and don't put their customers first even when they are at fault. They will do anything to say you owe money. The interest is SO high and with the crappy service it's just not worth it.

hoolibob
hoolibobClifton

Rubbish ring not even stamped 9ct as advertised

Sold as 9ct stamped - no it isn't acording to my under 30X magnifier. Supposedly diamonds - dullest I've ever seen & since when are diamonds not open at the rear. This item from Cash Converters on line auction was advertised as being independently professionally tested (no certificate provided). I guess the independent tester missed the lack of a stamp and black spots all over the ring. What I'm looking at is at best $1 free delivered from China. Take away the one star. They don't even deserve that.

Awful

LizzieJ
LizzieJAdelaide

Was not what was described

I bought a 14 ct diamond ring on the webshop. I had someone look at it to make sure it was a diamond. It turns out it is 14ct gold plated and cubic zirconia. I hope I can get a refund. I have just found out that they were given a verbal valuation and they no longer use this company. Cash Converters Croydon have been very helpful and I have returned the ring. I wish I could give one star for the other company.
Update : I have just seen the ring back on the website saying it is 14ct gold with a diamond. I am really disappointed with Croydon Cash Converters. Buyer beware.

Loan request

After one week of back and forth in re to a loan I was informed after having to email re my loan request... that I’ve been unsuccessful due to having two different names on my I’d even though I had sent through all identification ascertaining to both names ... what a waste of time and Load of rubbish in regards to reply don’t use this company rude and very slack..

Suzie Q K
Suzie Q KAU

loan

applied for a loan knocked back for no reason ........get paid fortnightly have plenty of money per night to pay them back they still said no

December 2nd 2017 Update: loans

i would not bother getting another loan with them ever again ,they are a pathetic bunch... they know exactly how much i get paid and yet they refused a pensioner a loan .....i get more than other pensioners plus i have close on average more money perfoftnight left seeing i dont smoke no more ,but it seems like i have to have 600 dollars in my bank left ..there saying im not allowed to spend any money ever