Castrol Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30

Castrol Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30 Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

What does does c3 stand for
What does C3 stand forACEA C3 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil with Mid SAPS-Level, intended for use as catalyst compatible Oil

Can you mix stop - start magnatec 5w-30 with non stop start magnatec 5w-30

Can I mix A5 with C3?

Hi is there a difference between castrol magnatec 5w30 C3 and Magnatec stop start 5w30 A5 and can they be mixed?

How many kilometers for oil change for 5w 30?
Engine oil is a very huge topic with a lot of conflicting & self advertising promotional materials, you end up with lots of different opinions. I played around with it for last 11 years, read hundreds of review. It depends on mainly: what year & model &make of your car is what oil you are going to purchase Answer is you have to look for your own answer. In general, the argument is if you change regularly @ 5 000 km, 'no need' for fully synthetic oil due to price-benefit. Fully synthetic can last forever, but most experts accept ~ 10 000 km @ change in general. Fully synthetic no doubt increases your engine life, by reducing friction, heat, wear & tear & sludging & improve fuel consumption efficiency. Everyone has their favourite brands due to different cars, I drove mainly Toyota, Ford, Holden GM. For V6 engine & 4 cyl, I put Shell Helix HX8, Nulon, Penrite Full zinc in no specific order, my Avalon loves Nulon, my Corolla sedan loves Shell, my Seca loves Nulon, Penrite is another great product. So you have to try different ones to find the most suitable. I hate Mobil1, I hate Castrol Edge, I don't like Vavoline Syn Power, these are my own personal opinion.

after how much kilometer before i change it?
recommended interval is 10k

Is Castro 5/30 magnatec c3 ok to use in my 2007 volvo C70 D5
my opinion is... coz im not familiar with diesel engines... can ask the volvo service center abt the oil... if they say ok, then its ok...

Get an answer from our members and Castrol representatives