Castrol Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30

7 questions from our users

Frank Basked

What does does c3 stand for

What does C3 stand for

ACEA C3 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil with Mid SAPS-Level, intended for use as catalyst compatible Oil

Jerry H.

Can I mix A5 with C3?

DERMOT64

DERMOT64asked

Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30

Hi is there a difference between castrol magnatec 5w30 C3 and Magnatec stop start 5w30 A5 and can they be mixed?

Raje

Rajeasked

Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30

How many kilometers for oil change for 5w 30?

beetle234
beetle234

Engine oil is a very huge topic with a lot of conflicting & self advertising promotional materials, you end up with lots of different opinions. I played around with it for last 11 years, read hundreds of review. It depends on mainly:
what year & model &make of your car is
what oil you are going to purchase
Answer is you have to look for your own answer.
In general, the argument is if you change regularly @ 5 000 km, 'no need' for fully synthetic oil due to price-benefit.
Fully synthetic can last forever, but most experts accept ~ 10 000 km @ change in general.
Fully synthetic no doubt increases your engine life, by reducing friction, heat, wear & tear & sludging & improve fuel consumption efficiency.
Everyone has their favourite brands due to different cars, I drove mainly Toyota, Ford, Holden GM.
For V6 engine & 4 cyl, I put Shell Helix HX8, Nulon, Penrite Full zinc in no specific order, my Avalon loves Nulon, my Corolla sedan loves Shell, my Seca loves Nulon, Penrite is another great product. So you have to try different ones to find the most suitable. I hate Mobil1, I hate Castrol Edge, I don't like Vavoline Syn Power, these are my own personal opinion.

zigy

zigyasked

Magnatec STOP-START 5W-30

after how much kilometer before i change it?

Steven
Steven

recommended interval is 10k

mark

markasked

Is Castro 5/30 magnatec c3 ok to use in my 2007 volvo C70 D5

Lead
Lead

my opinion is... coz im not familiar with diesel engines... can ask the volvo service center abt the oil... if they say ok, then its ok...

Get an answer from our members and Castrol representatives