Castrol Magnatec

Castrol Magnatec Questions & Answers

10W-40, Fuel Saver 5W-30, STOP-START 5W-30, etc...

110 questions from our users

M bell

M bellasked

Magnatec DIESEL DX 5W-40

Would 5w/40 professional engine oil be ok for my 96 discovery 1300tdI automatic.

Andrew Y.

A heavier grade oil would be recommended, Go to the Castrol web, and look up the manufacturers advice

Kiran.k

Kiran.kasked

I own a 98 Toyota Starlet with 145,000kms on the clock. Just want to know if the 10w40 Castrol Magnatec oil will be suitable for my car?Was using Yacco oil but it's no more available on the market. Thanks.

Aryan T.

Aryan T.asked

Magnatec 10W-40

This oil suitable for bike?

Andrew Y.

I would go for a specified motorcycle oil. Each manufacturer make them and have an recommended oil for your bike.

Dapinder R.

Dapinder R.asked

Magnatec 10W-40

My toyota corolla 2012 done 20000 kms is 10w-40 magnetic oil good for it ??

Andrew Y.

I have only used Diesel magnatec mate. I wouldn't tend to use it in a high km. engine. I would go to the oil manufacturers websites and click on the recommended oil viscosity for your particular vehicle. I prefer Valvoline or Penrite myself. Once you choose an oil you are best to stay with it on each change. Semi synthetics are ok and good enough. I run Penrite everyday plus 15w/40 in my 07 Camry.

nexsus
nexsus

Yes indeed magnatec would be okay being semi synthetic it would definitely protect the engine with very high mileage.

Prajal R.

Prajal R.asked

Can I use 10W40 for camry 2015

Nick
Nick

I would go for full synthetic Nulon 10/40 but that is just my experience with a totally different car that I previously used Castrol 10/40

MERV

MERVasked

can i use it in my ford territory 2004

bf fpv t.
bf fpv t.

Frank Basked

What does does c3 stand for

What does C3 stand for

ACEA C3 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil with Mid SAPS-Level, intended for use as catalyst compatible Oil

Sibusiso G.

Sibusiso G.asked

Magnatec 10W-40

Why the bottle of castrol 10w-40 magnatec written A and before it was written A3 B4?

RonnyCraven
RonnyCraven

I have no idea what you mean . Elucidate.

Celso P.

Celso P.asked

Magnatec DIESEL 15W-40

What is the recommended change oil interval?

Tara K.

Can you mix stop - start magnatec 5w-30 with non stop start magnatec 5w-30

Khan

Khanasked

Magnatec 10W-40

I live in Saudi Arabia where climate is mostly hot (even in winter nights it's barely cold). I have Toyota Yaris 2016 (2nz-fe). I recently poured in 10W40 Magnatec after reading reviews about it. But I am still confused whether it is the right oil for a 1.3 liter Toyota Yaris engine because the owner's manual says 5W30 (preferred) or 10W30 .. your kind attention to this matter is highly appreciated.

Anthonty C A.

Anthonty C A.asked

can i used it for nissan navara 2012

Lawrence B.

Lawrence B.asked

does it contain a detergent or surfacant

Martin G

Martin Gasked

Can I mix A5 with C3?

margieasked

Can I use magnetic 10W-40 part synthetic in Maercedes C240 ?

Arkie

You don't give details about your car other than it is a c240c. Best is 15w 50 full synthetic. But I have heard some people have used 10w 40 but I would only do that if it is an old car of little value.

Gayan

Gayanasked

Hello,
I use 10W-40 for my Suzuki Swift 2003 1.3L car. What is the "shelf life" of this oil? In other word, if I change engine oil on 01 Jan 2019, when should I change again even I have note reached certain km (5,000 km)?

Steve from Australia

Steve from Australiaasked

Magnatec Fuel Saver 5W-30

Magnatec okay to uxe in a series 1 BMW 120i ? 60000 on the odo ..?

Alex

Alexasked

Magnatec 10W-40

Can i use my civic honda type r castrol magnatec 10w40?

Arkie

I'm not an expert but usually this type of motor should use a fully synthetic oil.

Frank Z

Frank Zasked

How many miles between oil changes when using Castrol Magnatec?

Arkie

Depends what is recommended in your cars manual but for a newer car I go 10,000kms and older car I tend to be OK with 15,000kms

Aris
Aris

I think 10000kms is ideal for Castrol megnatec full synthetic

Get an answer from our members and Castrol representatives