Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways (page 2 of 8)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Webjet sucks money hungr

Webjet sucks money hungr

Customer service sucks they only want money from you and their customer service skills are pathetic they take your money

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationIndia
Alloys A.

Alloys A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

False advertising on their website of policy

Wi-Fi
DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationTel Aviv, Israel

Standards below average now

Have flown with this airline on a similar route from Australia to UK and back for 7 years now on and off.
Their standards have fallen way below average, I always fly business class - old aircraft which have not been updated, boarding seems disorganised and quality of food and drinks declined. The lounge in HK now has awful food and service in the air is poor.
Other carriers have far superseeded this decaying brand.

Wi-Fi
DepartureCairns QLD, Australia
DestinationManchester Airport (MAN), Manchester, UK

Bad service

Haven't gone on the flight yet, booked from Colombo to Melbourne on 30/12/19. They cancelled my flight, I didn't know until my brother said he got notice and they didn't contact me personally. I called to complain a week later that 1) I wasn't contacted, 2) They rescheduled originally without my consent on another flight with a 16hr layover, and not the same alternative flight my family was offered for 30/12. Couldn't compensate me for the inconvenience. Why am I paying so much? Not happy Jan.

Edit: further to that, looks like they poorly logged my call. They emailed me 2 weeks after my brother was notified to first tell me my flight was cancelled and asked permission to rebooked. Dude, already did your job.

DestinationColombo, Sri Lanka
BookingThrough Airline

Cathy Pacific is not the airline I used to know.

I have been flying with cathy Pacific a lot previously as the airline was A class.
But lately I have noticed the changes which is sad that the change is from A to C class.
Recent flight from Brisbane to Madrid stopping by Hong Kong was poor experience. The services overall were average. Toilet in business class , the light was not working. The seat mode didn't work. The food was below the average. I am not sure wil km fly with cathy Pacific again.

DestinationMadrid, Spain
Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Flights delay from 2:15, pm departure and now cancel. A very disappointed passenger

Nightmare

Used to be such a great airline... fly with them recently, inbound flight connecting flight was cancelled and outbound flight was delayed so I missed my connecting flight... long story short, I spent two nights at HK airport with very little help from them... never again!

KAYBEESouthwest, VIC

Expected better...

DestinationBarcelona, Spain

CapnbazzaPerth, WA

An airline that has slipped in quality

DestinationVancouver, BC, Canada
ClassPremium Economy

Melbourne check in counter 11.07.2019

Extremely poor service and rude customer service by the older guy at counters this morning. Do not recommend this service and avoid at all cost. Not the airline to take if you regard customer service

Choo

Choo

Worst customer service experience ever

Due to medical reasons, I was not able to travel in Cathay Pacific. I had travel insurance for the itinerary. My insurance company sent a mail to Cathay pacific requesting for confirmation that they have not refunded any money to me. Its been 45 days and I haven't received any response from the airlines. I called the customer service and they said they can't help me.

DestinationChennai, Tamil Nadu, India
sukriti d.

sukriti d.Sydney, NSW

Amazing- The best airline so far!

This time we chose this airline for my mum who travelled from Delhi to Sydney with a layover at Hong kong. The experience she had was amazing. Special thanks to Rosalle (member of cathay pacific boarding team in Sydney). What a dealing, what a way of talking and guiding. Many thanks to the Cabin crew.
Truely, incredible! I highly recommend this airline.

JulzNet

JulzNet

Great airline to fly with, superb product and service!

• +1
DestinationSydney Airport, International Terminal (T1), Mascot NSW, Australia
Robyn South Morang

Robyn South MorangGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never again

First leg of flight from Melb to HK good, did not make connecting flight was met at exit from plane with new booking departing nine hours later. Second leg HK to Tokyo was the flight from hell, 48 row plane and we were on 48 no incline on seat at all difficulty putting trays down and right next to toilets people were resting on my head plus all other body parts in my face. Return flight according to itinerary departs 19:10 when we do online check in it was departing 17:20 we were lucky we realised this as we did not have any notification about a time change so I do not know who got this wrong, airline or tour group Nexus to whom we have lodged a complain

DestinationTokyo, Japan
Brain teaser

Brain teaserGippsland, VIC

Tall People Need Not Apply - Not Enough Leg Room For Safe Travel

Andy

AndyAdelaide

Appalling Service by a Subpar Airline!

Lily

LilyMelbourne

Avoid Cathay Pacific on long-haul flights

If you are a diabetic please don't choose Cathay Pacific for long-haul flights.
Me and my husband chose to fly Hong Kong to JFK in December 2018 with Cathay Pacific.
They offer you a meal at the start of the flight, the next meal is served after more than 13 hours into the flight.
On the menu they say that there are cup noodles and other junk food which you can make avail of in between. Not even a drink is served during these 13 hours!

They knows how to torture and insult their customers

rose
rose
yorky

yorky

How not to treat disable pensioners

Raj

Raj

Went above and beyond to find missing phone

Left my phone on the previous connecting flight, they managed to locate it with very little notice, delivered it to the gate without much fuss at all. Thanks!

See all Cathay Pacific Airways reviews

Qiuling Hong

Qiuling Hongasked

Can a Chinese citizen flying from Australia to Nanning transit through Hong Kong airport in early August flying on Cathay?
Thanks Qiuling Hong

Steve
Steve

Use different airline

Rosieasked

Our travel agent has just booked us with this airline for a trip from Australia to Europe next year. After reading these reviews I am dreading the flights. Has Cathay Pacific got any redeeming features?
We are traveling premium economy but by these reviews the manners of the staff are anything but premium.
We are still to lock in our flights so should we be considering another airline?
Kind of looking forward to replies!
Cheers Rosie

KAYBEE

Hi Rosie. I flew Cathay Pacific (Economy Class) Melb to Barcelona a few months ago, not having flown with them before.
While there was nothing particularly wrong with the service I have to say cabin staff did not seem to go out of their way as much as other airlines I've flown. Staff were polite enough, but I was only ever offered one drink and then meals were served. Once meals had been eaten and cleared away I have to say that cabin staff were very scarce.
I'd hope your experience in Premium Economy might be a little better.
As I said, nothing particularly bad about them, but for the price I paid for my flight I would probably hesitate to fly with them again in future.

Rosie

Thank you Kayne for this info. Our agent is looking at other airlines for us now so we will see what comes of that.

Capnbazza

We flew Perth to Vancouver and new York to Perth with Cathay in Premium Economy.No real complaints to whinge about. Found the seats comfortable, enough for me to sleep several hours in. Very safe airline ro fly with but I must concur with Kaybee. Staff were no existent for most of the time. We have flown before to Europe with them but are looking for another airline for next year to Europe as we believe service can be better on alternative airlines.

Deepti ..

Deepti ..asked

Hi, I will be travelling from Melbourne to New Delhi via Cathay Pacific and the connection time between Hongkong to Delhi is 13Hr, I just want to confirm few things:
Can I go out in that time period and roam in Hongkong in a day?
Being travelling on Indian Passport, do I need to apply a visa in advance or I can get it on arrival? because it's transit?
However my final destination will be New Delhi and layover in Hongkong will be for 13 Hr or so, where will i get my luggage? directly in New Delhi or should I have do it all over again in Hongkong?
Please guide, I shall be obliged.

Sushanth S.
Sushanth S.

Hi Deepti I went to HongKong last year on an Indian passport, you will get visa on arrival but still have to apply for Pre-Arrival registration form online from their website which costs around 25$ or something not sure of the exact price now. You also need to carry the final hard copy of this form at the airport as they might not accept the soft copy if you just show it on your phone