Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways (page 3 of 8)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

berzy

berzy

poor customer service

Cathay pacific online booking system is faulty. Ground staff are not aware you have booked seats and issue you boarding passes with seats anywhere and separated from your your family. This has happened on four flights i have taken.Not sure why they bother with online seat booking when they never give you the right seats. Family got separated and we got stuck next to toilets and kitchen on two fourteen hour flights not recommended.

Very dangerous

On 27 Nov, from Hong Kong to Perth, Engine fail and trapped for 3 hours inside the plane. Waited for replaced engine. The same problem on the other day.

Terrible terrible

Michael S

Michael SMelbourne

Should be called - Cathay Horrific

Seriously!! New York to Hong Kong - over 15hrs flight and you only feed us two times? We were starving and some people were asking snacks because everyone was hungry and starving. Terrible food service and NEVER again - Sorry

And then feed us twice again from Hong Kong to Melbourne which is just over 8hrs which is fair enough but you really need to give more food if it's over 15hrs - Don't be so tight with Food service!!!

CLAUDIO

CLAUDIOMELBOURNE

Avoid their 777s

Ronald

RonaldRoosendaal

Ignored and neglected in business class and no response complaint!

Luke Warm

Luke WarmBrisbane

Hong Kong Business Class lounges

Cathay's Business Class lounges in Hong Kong are a disgrace. Dirty tableware littering tables everywhere, terrible quality food and long-faced staff. Toilets were also in need of an urgent clean.

When I reach my Business Class seat there are black hairs all over it and the pillow.

Moreover, my seat did not have a functioning USB port of power outlet.

Really not good enough. Come on CP, get your act together.

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Premium Airline still

Seating

Booking process OK
Flight to Heathrow from Brisbane
We were not given the seats we asked for .We were sat in the middle row we were squashed could hardly eat our meal I had leg cramp.
We were told you had extra seating put in.
On return flight did not get the seats we requested we were told they were for staff.
Never again will we fly Cathay.
Disgusting when we pay their wages.
Also the flight on the 18th of September the toilets were a disgrace.

Vivien

VivienGold Coast

Terrible service from ground staff

Terrible don't fly with them..

I have flown with a lot of airlines but never have I had to deal with urine on my tray take where a baby had been changed and it had not been cleaned clearly from the previous flight. When i asked the cabin assistant to help, she literary three wetwipes at me and left me to clean it no apology or explanation given. The food was awful I arrived starving as no meal choices I requested were available. Oh and on both flights the headset I was given did not work so couldn't watch the entertainment.

Don't give you anything for being loyal . Can't redeem points

glazfolk

glazfolkHobart, TAS

Very happy customer

Qantas Platinum/One World Emerald frequent flyer.

Have flown with Cathay many times now Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class at different times. Always been impressed by the efficiency and service. Especially appreciate the really comfortable seats in Premium Economy ... the only PE cabin I have ever been able to get some decent sleep in.

Lounges at Hong Kong are superb, I always look forward to transiting there!

Danny

DannyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scam points system one world

They say online they work in alignment with Qantas, booked an entire trip to U.K. and they refuse to award a single point despite it being all over their website. Total scam. Oneworld cathay and Qantas

Grace

GraceSydney

Disappointed

Manchester to Hong Kong. The Escape lounge at Manchester airport was a disgrace, way below Business Class expectations. The aircraft was old and scruffy. The crew were charmless. As a Business Class experience this was extremely disappointing and certainly fell well below that of Cathay's competitors.

Brewster

Do not redeem points

BClark

BClarkMelbourne

Travel With Kids? Don't Fly With Cathay Pacifi

It was not our first time travelling with children, but sure it was the last time we fly with Cathay Pacific.
When we booked our tickets, we put down a request for bassinet seats.
When we checked in, we specified that we need bassinet seat.
When we actually got in the flight, we (2 adults, 1 4 yo, 1 6months) had to squeeze into 3 seats and of course no bassinet.
Asked fly attendants for help, they said they can't do anything about it.
And instead, they gave us an email address for complaints that we might be placing after the journey.
THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU FLY WITH THEM ESPECIALLY FOR THE PARENTS.

Awful service

YS7

YS7Adelaide

Check in nightmare

There seems to be built in redundancies into the check in process. Downloading the app was easy enough, but using it to check in required two lengthy attempts. At the airport I still had to use a cumbersome self check in machine to re-enter all the details I already had online, then eventually it printed bag tags. Again requiring two attempts. I was lucky, other people had no success and there was a massive line up for assistance- just to get bag tags. However both these processes (online check then self re check in) didn't help in any way as I then had to wait 50 minutes in queue to re-check everything again at a counter. Why? I don't know

See all Cathay Pacific Airways reviews

Qiuling Hong

Qiuling Hongasked

Can a Chinese citizen flying from Australia to Nanning transit through Hong Kong airport in early August flying on Cathay?
Thanks Qiuling Hong

Steve
Steve

Use different airline

Rosieasked

Our travel agent has just booked us with this airline for a trip from Australia to Europe next year. After reading these reviews I am dreading the flights. Has Cathay Pacific got any redeeming features?
We are traveling premium economy but by these reviews the manners of the staff are anything but premium.
We are still to lock in our flights so should we be considering another airline?
Kind of looking forward to replies!
Cheers Rosie

KAYBEE
KAYBEE

Hi Rosie. I flew Cathay Pacific (Economy Class) Melb to Barcelona a few months ago, not having flown with them before.
While there was nothing particularly wrong with the service I have to say cabin staff did not seem to go out of their way as much as other airlines I've flown. Staff were polite enough, but I was only ever offered one drink and then meals were served. Once meals had been eaten and cleared away I have to say that cabin staff were very scarce.
I'd hope your experience in Premium Economy might be a little better.
As I said, nothing particularly bad about them, but for the price I paid for my flight I would probably hesitate to fly with them again in future.

Rosie

Thank you Kayne for this info. Our agent is looking at other airlines for us now so we will see what comes of that.

Capnbazza
Capnbazza

We flew Perth to Vancouver and new York to Perth with Cathay in Premium Economy.No real complaints to whinge about. Found the seats comfortable, enough for me to sleep several hours in. Very safe airline ro fly with but I must concur with Kaybee. Staff were no existent for most of the time. We have flown before to Europe with them but are looking for another airline for next year to Europe as we believe service can be better on alternative airlines.

Deepti ..

Deepti ..asked

Hi, I will be travelling from Melbourne to New Delhi via Cathay Pacific and the connection time between Hongkong to Delhi is 13Hr, I just want to confirm few things:
Can I go out in that time period and roam in Hongkong in a day?
Being travelling on Indian Passport, do I need to apply a visa in advance or I can get it on arrival? because it's transit?
However my final destination will be New Delhi and layover in Hongkong will be for 13 Hr or so, where will i get my luggage? directly in New Delhi or should I have do it all over again in Hongkong?
Please guide, I shall be obliged.

Sushanth S.
Sushanth S.

Hi Deepti I went to HongKong last year on an Indian passport, you will get visa on arrival but still have to apply for Pre-Arrival registration form online from their website which costs around 25$ or something not sure of the exact price now. You also need to carry the final hard copy of this form at the airport as they might not accept the soft copy if you just show it on your phone