Cathay Pacific Airways

Cathay Pacific Airways (page 4 of 8)

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

COOLRUNNING2018

COOLRUNNING2018Sydney

Broken Seat caused injuries and affected holiday

Salron

SalronAU

Premium Economy only a small step up

We flew PE from Sydney to Hong Kong then onto Frankfurt. Was PE better than economy? For the long haul, I would have to say yes, definitely. If I were to travel again, even just to Asia, I would go PE. Seats are bigger and recline more. Trouble is, the fleet is really showing it's age, and the lack of maintenance. Seats showing a lot of wear and tear. Rubbish left in the seat pocket. No real issues apart from that.

kay

kay

excellent

I recently travelled to Hong Kong and experienced a flight cancellation. In spite of this, the staff at Cathay Pacific were superb - they excelled themselves to ensure I found an alternative flight, arranged assistance for me and found a flight which, in spite of having to fly from Sydney to Melbourne to catch it, reached Hong Kong only two hours later than my original flight. The help and service I received exceeded any provided by any other airline I have travelled with. Will I travel with Cathay Pacific again? Without a doubt they will be my first choice where possible. Congratulations and a big than

Worst airline ever

My took 30 hours instead of 10 due to the airlines incompetence & no compensation.
They would not connect flights as was paid for and didn’t even care.

Torquata

TorquataVictoria

Almost 3 months and still no refund

Geoff M

Geoff MMelbourne

Unable to sit together and missed dinner

SafetyCross

SafetyCrossIllawarra, NSW

First time flying with Cathay Pacific, good service.

Gazza

GazzaPerth

Flexible solution to a last minute problem

When a flight from Perth to Hong Kong was delayed 7 hours, meaning I'd miss an onward connection, they quickly arranged a booking with Singapore Airlines which enabled me to meet the connecting flight and subsequent railway connection to Huangshan. My holiday was salvaged and also my confidence with those respective Airlines.

Wes

WesSydney

Seasoned cathay flyer--Now worst airline ever

Charlie

Charlie

Empty handed.

Worst experience

Our flight was canceled from Shanghai to Hong Kong. Not given any reason. Didn't even tell us that there will be no flight leaving Shanghai to Hong Kong. Kept us waiting all day at the airport. No meal vouchers or hotel accommodation offered. Had to sleep in the airport which has only hard wooden straight back chairs. I paid $1000 more to upgrade to Cathay Pacific because I am a patient that suffered a brain aneurysm late 2014. I will not recommend or fly this airline ever again. Worst experience ever. Extremely disappointed.

Worst experience

Travelled April 2016 Phoned us on way to airport to say' weve overbooked your flight? will you fly next tuesday'??? 3 passengers - daughter placed in row in front so husband of crew member could have seat next to aisle so she could serve him 'special' meals /drinks? on return trip 3 family members spread all around plane ? hostess serving drinks while economy loading walked into me spilt drinks all down her front and was rude to me?/passengers with excess walk on baggage use your above seat locker?your bag will end up elsewhere?
Many other things ? pay the extra and fly Q or BA/Emir NEVER AGAIN WITH CP!!!

Worst experience

Delayed flights twice. The stewardess said "on time" which is not true.
She promised anything but its just lie.
Rude, disturbing and no manner.
Bad service ever.
They changed my original flight to other flight without my permissions and no other options.
My original flight supposed to go to Brisbane but they changed to Sydney.

HS1

HS1Melbourne

Cathay Pacific - This is the utter worst airline I have ever dealt with. They charge AUD 385 for an

You imagine AUD 385 for an infant 6 months old kid from Melbourne to delhi return. All other airlines are charging between AUD 44-70. These are the worst guys. rip off.. they are just scammers. BEWARE.. I am really frustrated. And if you will compare any other airlines breakup with Cathay Pacific you will be amazed to notice the difference in prices. Please just stay away from them.

Dave

DaveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Business Class

Kermit

KermitMumbai

Never Again

Rita Stan

Rita Stan

Very unhappy with there service.

I booked a trip online and since there was a unforeseen circumstances I had to cancel this trip. I was charged $281 when every other airline gives you a 24 hour grace period for economy flights without charging any fees. I'm unhappy with the service and will not fly with them again.

Loui

Loui

Always behind schedule. Luggage always late

BSF

BSFAU

Excellent!

caught a flight from HK to Sydney last month in Business Class. Gee - the lounge is HK is so good, service is so much better than QANTAS.

Terrible

The service is terrible. I had high hopes for this airline as it is recognized as one of the leading airline in the world but on board staffs made me feel like a third class citizen. They were rude and lacked manner. Even asking for a glass of water seemed a great deal. The answer would be 'wait'. If it was a budget airline I would understand but paying high price for such a terrible service its a no no for me. Stick with Emirates, thai or Quantas.

See all Cathay Pacific Airways reviews

Qiuling Hong

Qiuling Hongasked

Can a Chinese citizen flying from Australia to Nanning transit through Hong Kong airport in early August flying on Cathay?
Thanks Qiuling Hong

Steve
Steve

Use different airline

Rosieasked

Our travel agent has just booked us with this airline for a trip from Australia to Europe next year. After reading these reviews I am dreading the flights. Has Cathay Pacific got any redeeming features?
We are traveling premium economy but by these reviews the manners of the staff are anything but premium.
We are still to lock in our flights so should we be considering another airline?
Kind of looking forward to replies!
Cheers Rosie

KAYBEE
KAYBEE

Hi Rosie. I flew Cathay Pacific (Economy Class) Melb to Barcelona a few months ago, not having flown with them before.
While there was nothing particularly wrong with the service I have to say cabin staff did not seem to go out of their way as much as other airlines I've flown. Staff were polite enough, but I was only ever offered one drink and then meals were served. Once meals had been eaten and cleared away I have to say that cabin staff were very scarce.
I'd hope your experience in Premium Economy might be a little better.
As I said, nothing particularly bad about them, but for the price I paid for my flight I would probably hesitate to fly with them again in future.

Rosie

Thank you Kayne for this info. Our agent is looking at other airlines for us now so we will see what comes of that.

Capnbazza
Capnbazza

We flew Perth to Vancouver and new York to Perth with Cathay in Premium Economy.No real complaints to whinge about. Found the seats comfortable, enough for me to sleep several hours in. Very safe airline ro fly with but I must concur with Kaybee. Staff were no existent for most of the time. We have flown before to Europe with them but are looking for another airline for next year to Europe as we believe service can be better on alternative airlines.

Deepti ..

Deepti ..asked

Hi, I will be travelling from Melbourne to New Delhi via Cathay Pacific and the connection time between Hongkong to Delhi is 13Hr, I just want to confirm few things:
Can I go out in that time period and roam in Hongkong in a day?
Being travelling on Indian Passport, do I need to apply a visa in advance or I can get it on arrival? because it's transit?
However my final destination will be New Delhi and layover in Hongkong will be for 13 Hr or so, where will i get my luggage? directly in New Delhi or should I have do it all over again in Hongkong?
Please guide, I shall be obliged.

Sushanth S.
Sushanth S.

Hi Deepti I went to HongKong last year on an Indian passport, you will get visa on arrival but still have to apply for Pre-Arrival registration form online from their website which costs around 25$ or something not sure of the exact price now. You also need to carry the final hard copy of this form at the airport as they might not accept the soft copy if you just show it on your phone