Catlux Softwood Clumping

Catlux Softwood Clumping (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Pet Litter in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lana

Lana

Perfect when mixed with clay clumping litter!

I tried almost everthing including this one and this is what I discovered. My preference is for clumping litters so I use clumping clay - now I use Sanipet from Aldi but I used to use Catsan for many years. I found you can mix this Softwood with clumping clay litters to make them fluffier and lighter! On its own it wouldn't pass my test as it doesn't clump well but mix one quarter of softwood with three quarters of clumping clay and it's perfect!

Mr Slater

Adeline

Lightweight

lizzy309

lizzy309VIC, 3030

Smells much better than clay litters

I love the smell of this litter, I find it to be much less dusty than clumping clay litters. Don't get me wrong, there is still dust, but I just find it much more tolerable I guess. Also I don't see the big dust cloud when tipping into the litter tray.

It doesn't clump as well as some others but I still prefer this one over others. Our cats are happy too! 2 of our 3 cats have bladder issues and their urine is much more concentrated than other cats, and this litter has done the trick!!

The issue I have with it is the tracking. As it's so light we find it all over the house!! I guess it's a good excuse to vacuum the carpets every second day and we have a much cleaner house that way!

Great product!

I started using Catlux as it was recommended by the cat rescue team. It smells quite pleasant and clumps easily. Good at covering wee odour but not so good with the poo. I also love that it's made in Australia and flushable - very convenient!

It does track a little but doesn't hurt your feet and easy to collect.

Good and bad

This product is good because my cat actually likes to use it after failed attempts with other litters, however it still has a distinct odour even with daily cleaning and it sticks to my cats paws and tracks all over the house. I will have to move on to a new product unfortunately.
cat likes it
smell, tracking

Pam

PamSydney

Natural but dusty

I decided to try Catlux after seeing it on sale at my local Coles.

The product claims to be a Natural clumping litter, which really attracts to me as I like environmentally friendly cat litter.

But unfortunately it does not clump very well and is very dusty. Both my cat and I have asthma and I almost couldn't breathe when I poured it out, that's the only downfall to this product.

If only it clumped better and is a bit less dusty, I would not mind using this litter.
natural, affordable, flushable
dusty, does not clump very well

Isabea

IsabeaBrisbane

Couldn't be happier!

Michael and Leanne

Michael and LeanneQueensland, 4211

Good but could be better.

Finally found a cat litter that ticks all the boxes.

I absolutely love this product. After trying several other cat litters like Breeders Choice, Catsan Clumping and Crystals I found this to finally tick all the boxes. No more smelly litter box, clumps nicely, lightweight and best of all can be flushed down the toilet. My kittens do track it outside a bit but they do that with all types of litter I tried and at least this one is soft and doesn't hurt when you step on it accidentally. Fantastic!
controls odours, flushable

BeanCanberra

Does not clump

Ellec

EllecVictoria

Good litter, sort of clumps

I have used Max's cat litter but was disappointed it did not clump so thought I would try this.
It is similar to Max's cat litter in that it is environmentally friendly and absorbs odour well.
The main differences is that Catlux is slightly clumping but tracks more than Max's.
My husband prefers Max's because its easier to clean the scoop (littter doesn't stick to it) and tracks less. But I prefer Catlux because it clumps slightly so it is a bit easier in removing the number 1s. Also, I found that Max's would eventually disintegrate into dust/sand if left in the litter box long enough so you have to empty the litter box completely.
slightly clumping, no odour, environmentally friendly
tracks, would prefer it would clump into hard lumps

nzgirl04

nzgirl04South East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as I first thought

I loved the smell of the wood in this litter and thought it was a good product until I went to Coles to buy it and it wasn't on the shelves. The only other product like it was the new 'Applaws Nature's Calling' at $9.99 (which I was not really happy paying). Well..... I can say that I am glad I purchased it because it is the best yet. The particles are so fine and slip through the scoop easily. It is made from walnuts shells too (natural). The clumping is AMAZING!!!!, there are no bits left behind unlike the Caltus. So far I can see no tracking through the house. I think the $9.99 is worth the price as I can see my litter tray will not need changing near as much now.

Chantal

Best thing since sliced bread

Paul Young

Paul YoungAdelaide

Coles dont get it!

Cat Cleanliness

Australian Made & Owned

I've used this product for years, and my cats adapted to it like no other. The product does what it says, it clumps, it absorbs odours, and virtually no excess waste. Australian made & owned so will always be my first and only choice. A simple, well priced, but superior product compared to others.
I had some product queries, and I received an immediate response from Catlux, excellent customer service.
My local Coles has stopped stocking it, in replacement for a more expensive, imported product. So I will now show at Woolworths.

o1radiocat
o1radiocat

EclecticT

EclecticTBrisbane

The BEST EVER cat litter I have ever used!

Have had indoor cats for over 13 years and have used Catlux for past 4 since I discovered at Coles...amazing product that ticks all my boxes! Sustainable wood based, smells like sawdust, soft on paws (unlike crystals...),lightweight, fantastic odour control, clumping so easy to remove solid and wet waste (verses leaving it sit and fester as with crystals...) and reasonably priced compared to other products which are twice as much for half the performance!!! ONLY neg is that it tracks but they all do.
As per review fantastic product and at a supermarket near me!!
Nil

Mary

MarySydney

Cats love it!

In my opinion this litter has some stand out qualities that lift it well above its competitors. 1. cats love it and use it, it is odorless and it doesn't clog the toilet. OK because of its lightness it is a bit messy, but it is easy to clean. My cats haven't used other litters and that is the most important thing to me, that they feel comfortable using the litter and therefore are less likely to delay toilet needs until they go outside which isn't good for them.
the cats like it and use it and it doesn't matter if some of it goes down the toilet
a bit light so can get messy but I wouldn't change that because the cats may not like it as much then

Christine

Christineasked

Can I recycle this product in my garden instead of flushing it away?

Chantal

Never tried it but the packaging says you can use it as garden mulch so I guess it will work.

Heather Martin

Heather Martinasked

When you say flushable, do you mean you can dispose of it in a normal toilet? What about a septic toilet? Also is it available in Brisbane QLD? If so best from where? Price & size of bags please.

Obi Cat
Obi Cat

Hi Heather, it is flushable in normal toilet, but not suitable in septic toilet. However, you even can use it as garden mulch! It should be available in QLD. There are adress I found in their website;
Thuringowa Shop 3 & 4, 1 Herveys Range Road Thuringowa QLD 4817. ph. (07) 4723 2277.
Townsville 201-205 Dalrymple Road Garbutt QLD 4814 Ph: (07) 4779 0043.
I bought it in pet barn 30L (only availabe in petbarn) for around $25 and it could last me really long time (up to 4 months with good quality dry cat food). Let me know how you go. Good luck :D

Robyn
Robyn

I buy it online from Pet Circle.
Thought this might help anyone wondering now.

CategoryPet Litter