Catsan Crystals

Catsan Crystals

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Catsan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Odour Absoprtion
Anna
AnnaSydney, NSW

Catsan reassessment Required

I have 3 indoor cats so of course I totally rely on Catsan to help with absorption of cat urine and odors. I have used the product for 14 years approx and loved it BUT now I notice the decreased lack of absorption and odor control. Am seriously looking for an alternative. Would much prefer if Catsan reassessed their product, please.

Odour Absoprtion
MLZ
MLZMOSMAN

Once great, but now.....

This was by far my favourite product for kitty's pooper. But lately, the crystals are so tiny that they absorb wee too quickly and then you have to change the litter much more frequently, it's a total rip off. bye-bye to the product and the brand. you had to be greedy, didn't you?

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $26.00.

Other Cat Litter

notruly
notrulyAustralia

Please change it weekly

So my cat hates the feeling of any other litter under his paws other than crystal, out of all the crystal litters available this is the best.

"So why not 5/5 stars if it's the best?"

Well, and this makes me laugh every time I see it listed on any packet, this particular brand claims it lasts up to 8 weeks however only using one full bag for one small male cat requires me to replace it every week (7 days is pushing it.) I once tried to stretch it to two weeks but he got a urinary tract infection. So it does the job, you can not smell his litter box smells at all BUT there is no way it lasts for more than a week.

Ange573
Ange573AU

Causes asthma attacks in humans - not great for cats either!

I have used this litter a few times, but have now switched back to paper pellets. It actually caused my first onset of asthma - creates a cloud of fine dust particles which I'm sure are not healthy for your lungs. I don't think this product is healthy for cats either for the same reason. It's environmentally unfriendly, rough on paws (and feet!) and does in no way resemble the soft soil or sand that cats naturally prefer to dig into.

Cat Litter

Find out how Catsan Crystals compares to other Cat Litter

SongSparra
SongSparraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Danger's of Crystal Cat Litter - Don't Ever Use It!

Peter
PeterSydney

Harmful Dust Hazard

Can be dangerous

I tried switching to this product but some chemical in it was extremely attractive to my 1 year old cat who started to eat it and rub his nose in it. The crystals got stuck in his nostrils and mouth and he almost choked on these and had froth coming out of his mouth. Thankfully the crystals got stuck before they could pass down his throat so I could grab him and get everything out in time. I don't think he would have even made it to the vet in time otherwise. If you introduce this product to your cat ensure you don't leave it unattended until you are sure your cat isn't interested in eating or sniffing it.

Rospat
RospatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not pleasant

I would not use this as it has a very unpleasant sweetish odour, and I worry about what chemicals might be in it.It also seemed a bit rough to me and my cat would not use it,so a waste of money,never again.I prefer to use litters that are soft to the feel and are made of natural substances.

Smells bad, chemicals

Pam
Pam

Other Cat Litter

change of formula....

Was with out doubt the best on the market! sadly when then introduced the "lavender" only recently the content had changed eg the formula of the color crystals... they also changed the original as well.... both have no smell now & work poorly at reducing odor & at the price being the dearest on the shelf its a rip off!!! what a joke will not buy again as its just useless.... plus I have tried several bags from different shops (rather expensive) to see if it was just bad from one store... same results the formula of the color crystals in the bag has changed hence the product now sucks! more than likely a cost cutting money saving change by Catsan yet still the same over priced tag at the shop....
was the best
now over priced & doesnt work

Chris Parker
Chris Parker

I find I am very lucky to get two weeks out of your product. What is wrong?

Cat Litter

Find out how Catsan Crystals compares to other Cat Litter

Ann_Whogivesadam
Ann_WhogivesadamAU

Not good

I have only one cat just 1 years old and i can't get this litter to last anymore than 2 weeks maximum and i won't be buying your product again as the one i bought from the reject shop was a little better at half the cost

Expensive and not effective