Listing monitored by CBD Movers

• Rates and Fees
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

JRMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to scam me? I THINK NOT!

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW

4 hours late & over the top bill

I am extremely disappointed with CBD movers & would not recommend them to anyone. They were supposed to arrive at 10am but did not arrive until 2pm. They worked extremely slow. It somehow took 4 hours to move a one bedroom apartment 2 suburbs away. On the drive from the old place to the new they drove at 20km per hour, I know this because I was in front of them guiding them to the new address. They were clearly milking it. The final bill was $475. Highway robbery!
I paid because I was under a lot of stress due to other issues with the move but I am not happy.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
DeewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful experience, very uncomfortable move

Two men arrived and they were bickering the whole time. I had to tell them to stop as the swearing was inappropriate. My daughter was moving 1 bedroom and they were supposed to pick up a fridge and bed from another stop ( which I paid for). There was damage done to the step. The supervisor made inappropriate innuendos to the girls. NEVER USE THEM. I have sent 4 emails to get compensation for the damaged step, but seriously felt uncomfortable for the one worker who was demeaned, bullied and sworn at by the supervisor. It was really unprofessional and uncomfortable. They moved everything into the accommodation well enough but not worth the vibe. and never heard back about fixing the damage. wouldn't recommend this company for women moving.

Deew

Really? I have waited over a month for your response - it was disgraceful and unacceptable! Only reason you are responding now is because it is public

Kate
KateSydney, NSW

Very bad, very slow

My experience with this company was very dissaponting. Firstly, they arrived one hour late and didn't even apologise. I was moving from a small one-bedroom apartment to another, there wasn't a lot of things and all of them were packed and prepared for them to load in the truck. The removalists were painfully slow, felt like everything was happening in a slow motion. I had to move a lot of things myself. If I didn't, it would have taken them a whole day. I paid $400 for 3 hours. It's not cheap. One of the removalists was just simply rude and instead of helping and working efficiently he was creating problems. The fact that they didn't break anything was just pure luck. So stay away from these guys if you're looking for removalists.

Patricia W.
Patricia W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware they will rip you off!

I have used them a couple of times in the last couple of months. First move was good. Second move was where it all came unstuck. These removalists seemed very inexperienced - I had to give them tips about moving my stuff! They also gave me no notice of arrival (and supposed to give you 1/2 notice) so they started charging me straight way. Then I thought it strange right at the end the started to really slow down - tired perhaps - no they were waiting for the clock to tick over. When it hit 12.32 they could then charge me for the full 1/2 hour as per their policy (and I get charged to 1pm). I tried to talk to the company about it but a policy to rip customers off is still a policy.

Isabella
Isabella

Concerns about the movers

My experience with cbd movers was poor with late cancellation, damaged property and poor office communication. My move was organised for Friday between 2-6pm. I was called at 5pm being informed the movers would not be coming and could only come the next evening. When the movers finally arrived the next day they damaged my velvet couches and bedside table. I took photos of the couches before and after. After raising the damaged with the company and providing pictures. The matter has taken a few week to resolve and I am currently waiting for the settlement that was agreed upon to go through.

• +4Thumbnail

Not great

They scratched the walls
in the new place, dragged my mattress across the ground ( it was raining ) so that is now filthy , knocked off a light fitting at the new place and the boxes were pretty smashed up - my cooking pans were dented and they were well packed !

Maria T.
Maria T.Sydney, NSW

Would not recommend

After confirming the morning before they rang us up at 7pm that same night saying they have truck issues and we would have to reschedule. After a lengthy argument they sent another truck 4 hours late.

They scratched our front doors and damaged our walls. They didn't tell us and we only found out after the fact.

I would not recommend their service to anyone.

Louise
LouiseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor after move service

The removalists turned up on time. A couch was damaged in the move. I provided a photo of this but was told I would need a photo of the couch before the move,so if you intend to use this company photograph all your goods before they arrive. The after sales service was slow and poor.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just ok, not brilliant service

moved from brisbane to mt Tamborine , took 3 bedrooms of furniture in two trucks and 3 men, nothing damaged, all arrived in timely manner, it was ok service and support but arrived late

Abbey
Abbey

Not efficient movers (SLOW) and horrible customer service

Scott c
Scott cSydney, NSW

The absolute worst!

If I could give no stars I would. These guys are slow, lazy and incompetent. What should have taken 5 hours tops took them over 8 hours amd it would have taken longer had not my 75 year old father and 15 year old daughter helped remove items from their truck which breaks every OHS regulation and am sure voids their insurance. To add insult to injury they are now chasing me for another $220 which I am refusing to pay.

Update 28/10 - I spoke to Leo from their Customer Service who assured me they would address my issues with the removalists, he also organised for the additional costs to be waived. I would give Leo 5 stars for his serbice but still none to the removalists

PeterHunter Region, NSW

Lack of efficiency & not COVID safe compliant

Peter

Yes. We did that and received a non helpful, not bothered response. Useless service.

CBD Movers A.CBD Movers

Please share your booking id

Angelique L.
Angelique L.South East Queensland, QLD

They were 26 hours late and lied to me repeatedly

lina
lina

Rkd t1 aman ravi

Movers woke us up at 7am by arriving 2 hrs early even after confirming the time prior several times. When finished, the movers pressured us to review them on this site asap whilst we were trying to unpack and get on with our day. I do not recommend them.

G F.asked

Have you seen the tricks this company uses?
Charging extra for stairs, using a trolley, when they don't tell you that when they tell you how much it will cost when you book.
Work slow and charge more. Carry one box at a time to drag it out.
Sending a small truck so not everything fits so they have to do second load.
Turn up late or not at all and blame it on the truck breaking down.
Making you pay before they will unload.
Claiming to have insurance but if you try and claim you can't or they just say the damage was already there.
Have a read through some of the negative feedback. A lot of people who have been tricked.
Do your own research before booking and decide for yourself.

Paolo Rueda
Paolo Rueda

Funny how all the recent reviews are glowing. All made by ‘verified’ users who all have 1 review and accounts created recently. FAKE just like their website reviews. This company is deceitful to the highest degree.

G F.

They employ people who have no experience to save money which ends up costing the customer in damages and wasted time.
They act like the customer comes first but the reality is they just want milk you of all your money knowing you won't be back.
Look at how many negative reviews there are vs positive, that is a red flag.

PRUSER
PRUSERasked

Did you know that this company pays people who post negative reviews to change them to positive?

R.P.S
R.P.S

No Pruser, but this does not surprise me mate

G F.

Not surprised as they spend more time trying to hide how dodgy the company is than they do actually looking after their customers.
Plus they claim all negative reviews are fake when they actually get their employees to post positive reviews.
Worst moving company ever.

Sydney girl
Sydney girl

Someone posted that they would not get their refund for damages unless they took down their negative (truthful) review

Kshama W.asked

Is it normal for your Removalists to take 1.30 hours to dismantle 2 very basic queen bed frames and then lose a piece of the frame? The reason I ask is because other movers take 10 mins.

The answer to this question will help others decide between different moving companies.

Tim M.
Tim M.

Shouldn’t. But I had my bed already taken apart which took me around 30 mins or so.

Kshama W.

We did it a lot quicker by ourselves as we had done a couple of bed frames before so had an idea how to do this. And it took us 10 mins to assemble - we were two people doing it together. We would have done this ourselves if we knew we were getting inexperienced movers as it looked like they had never dismantled a bed before!

G F.

That is normal for this company as they are scammers. Read all the negative reviews if you want the truth.

Get an answer from our members and CBD Movers representatives