Listing monitored by CBD Movers

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Felt pressured to leave a review

I was happy with the movers, although they were ten minutes behind time and claimed there was traffic while driving, I was charged for the hour and half, when it should of been just the hour. Not so happy to receive emails about leaving a review, and then a phone call asking for a review.

Over charging

It was 4 bedroom house. Very short distance 2.1km. They arrived 9:00am. Finish loading around 11:40. Driver went to a short stop to get a coffee. Arrived at drop off point around 12:00. Finished unloading at 1:50. That’s just 5 hours total but still get charge for 6 hours.

Richard
RichardPerth, WA

Slow and Unskilled

Susie
SusieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Removal

Removal turned up 50 mins later than was advised and the boys were slow to get going only once my son and partner and 2 daughters started moving things to the truck did they start to pick up the past slightly.
Bit disappointed to be honest but done now.
Total move cost $865 for 3 beds sofa fridge washing machine drier bbq and some garden items and a few boxes.
All in now thanks
Boys were polite and friendly.

Find out how CBD Movers compares to other Furniture Removalists

Good service but need to be more professional

we have talked for big truck when we arranged the delivery, but last day i have received a phone call and said big truck is not working and they going to come with the small one and will remove for two times. i found it unprofessional, it was last day and i couldn’t cancel the delivery with you. other then that removers were here on time and removed gently

JRMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Try to scam me? I THINK NOT!

Rachel
RachelSydney, NSW

4 hours late & over the top bill

I am extremely disappointed with CBD movers & would not recommend them to anyone. They were supposed to arrive at 10am but did not arrive until 2pm. They worked extremely slow. It somehow took 4 hours to move a one bedroom apartment 2 suburbs away. On the drive from the old place to the new they drove at 20km per hour, I know this because I was in front of them guiding them to the new address. They were clearly milking it. The final bill was $475. Highway robbery!
I paid because I was under a lot of stress due to other issues with the move but I am not happy.

DeewGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awful experience, very uncomfortable move

Two men arrived and they were bickering the whole time. I had to tell them to stop as the swearing was inappropriate. My daughter was moving 1 bedroom and they were supposed to pick up a fridge and bed from another stop ( which I paid for). There was damage done to the step. The supervisor made inappropriate innuendos to the girls. NEVER USE THEM. I have sent 4 emails to get compensation for the damaged step, but seriously felt uncomfortable for the one worker who was demeaned, bullied and sworn at by the supervisor. It was really unprofessional and uncomfortable. They moved everything into the accommodation well enough but not worth the vibe. and never heard back about fixing the damage. wouldn't recommend this company for women moving.

Deew

Really? I have waited over a month for your response - it was disgraceful and unacceptable! Only reason you are responding now is because it is public

Kate
KateSydney, NSW

Very bad, very slow

My experience with this company was very dissaponting. Firstly, they arrived one hour late and didn't even apologise. I was moving from a small one-bedroom apartment to another, there wasn't a lot of things and all of them were packed and prepared for them to load in the truck. The removalists were painfully slow, felt like everything was happening in a slow motion. I had to move a lot of things myself. If I didn't, it would have taken them a whole day. I paid $400 for 3 hours. It's not cheap. One of the removalists was just simply rude and instead of helping and working efficiently he was creating problems. The fact that they didn't break anything was just pure luck. So stay away from these guys if you're looking for removalists.

Patricia W.
Patricia W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beware they will rip you off!

I have used them a couple of times in the last couple of months. First move was good. Second move was where it all came unstuck. These removalists seemed very inexperienced - I had to give them tips about moving my stuff! They also gave me no notice of arrival (and supposed to give you 1/2 notice) so they started charging me straight way. Then I thought it strange right at the end the started to really slow down - tired perhaps - no they were waiting for the clock to tick over. When it hit 12.32 they could then charge me for the full 1/2 hour as per their policy (and I get charged to 1pm). I tried to talk to the company about it but a policy to rip customers off is still a policy.

Isabella
Isabella

Concerns about the movers

My experience with cbd movers was poor with late cancellation, damaged property and poor office communication. My move was organised for Friday between 2-6pm. I was called at 5pm being informed the movers would not be coming and could only come the next evening. When the movers finally arrived the next day they damaged my velvet couches and bedside table. I took photos of the couches before and after. After raising the damaged with the company and providing pictures. The matter has taken a few week to resolve and I am currently waiting for the settlement that was agreed upon to go through.

• +4Thumbnail

Not great

They scratched the walls
in the new place, dragged my mattress across the ground ( it was raining ) so that is now filthy , knocked off a light fitting at the new place and the boxes were pretty smashed up - my cooking pans were dented and they were well packed !

Maria T.
Maria T.Sydney, NSW

Would not recommend

After confirming the morning before they rang us up at 7pm that same night saying they have truck issues and we would have to reschedule. After a lengthy argument they sent another truck 4 hours late.

They scratched our front doors and damaged our walls. They didn't tell us and we only found out after the fact.

I would not recommend their service to anyone.

CBD Movers A.CBD Movers

Glad they take customer feedback, hope they implement it..

They took away the truck when still 5 % of the goods are yet to be loaded, I had to call them to get it loaded again. Brought in flat tyre trolly that make their task slow inturn am charged more. Very tough handling of delicate items

srinivas k.
srinivas k.Sydney, NSW

Need to improve

My personal experience:

1. the removalists not completely moved my items almost 30% of items left

2. The removalists don't possess any soft skills and got rude attitude

3.Removalists were not taking care of goods, upon requesting they were reluctant

However after speaking resolution manager its all sorted out. I felt The management very responsive enough to respond and resolve the issue.

G F.asked

Have you seen the tricks this company uses?
Charging extra for stairs, using a trolley, when they don't tell you that when they tell you how much it will cost when you book.
Work slow and charge more. Carry one box at a time to drag it out.
Sending a small truck so not everything fits so they have to do second load.
Turn up late or not at all and blame it on the truck breaking down.
Making you pay before they will unload.
Claiming to have insurance but if you try and claim you can't or they just say the damage was already there.
Have a read through some of the negative feedback. A lot of people who have been tricked.
Do your own research before booking and decide for yourself.

Paolo Rueda
Paolo Rueda

Funny how all the recent reviews are glowing. All made by ‘verified’ users who all have 1 review and accounts created recently. FAKE just like their website reviews. This company is deceitful to the highest degree.

G F.

They employ people who have no experience to save money which ends up costing the customer in damages and wasted time.
They act like the customer comes first but the reality is they just want milk you of all your money knowing you won't be back.
Look at how many negative reviews there are vs positive, that is a red flag.

Danielle Fox
Danielle Fox

they wanted to send me a 8 tonne truck for 2 beds 2 wardrobes a office desk 1x tv cabinet and a tv .... somehow i dont think that fills a 8 tonne truck THEN on day of moving they simply did a no show tried to b.s it out they broke down IF there as big as they are - they could of just sent another truck ? ? ? even if it was smaller ...

PRUSER
PRUSERasked

Did you know that this company pays people who post negative reviews to change them to positive?

R.P.S
R.P.S

No Pruser, but this does not surprise me mate

G F.

Not surprised as they spend more time trying to hide how dodgy the company is than they do actually looking after their customers.
Plus they claim all negative reviews are fake when they actually get their employees to post positive reviews.
Worst moving company ever.

Sydney girl
Sydney girl

Someone posted that they would not get their refund for damages unless they took down their negative (truthful) review

Kshama W.asked

Is it normal for your Removalists to take 1.30 hours to dismantle 2 very basic queen bed frames and then lose a piece of the frame? The reason I ask is because other movers take 10 mins.

The answer to this question will help others decide between different moving companies.

Tim M.
Tim M.

Shouldn’t. But I had my bed already taken apart which took me around 30 mins or so.

Kshama W.

We did it a lot quicker by ourselves as we had done a couple of bed frames before so had an idea how to do this. And it took us 10 mins to assemble - we were two people doing it together. We would have done this ourselves if we knew we were getting inexperienced movers as it looked like they had never dismantled a bed before!

G F.

That is normal for this company as they are scammers. Read all the negative reviews if you want the truth.

Get an answer from our members and CBD Movers representatives