CBD Movers (page 2 of 3)

• Timeliness

Doan's T.
Doan's T.Sydney, NSW

Super slow service!

They charged you with the cheap price because they will move it really slow to make you pay more! Please avoid this company!! Also asked you to pay for the deposit for haft an hour in advance and didnt refund or deduct later on! Watch out guys!

An unforgettable experience!

Angelique L.
Angelique L.South East Queensland, QLD

They were 26 hours late and lied to me repeatedly

lina
lina

Rkd t1 aman ravi

Movers woke us up at 7am by arriving 2 hrs early even after confirming the time prior several times. When finished, the movers pressured us to review them on this site asap whilst we were trying to unpack and get on with our day. I do not recommend them.

Moving experience

Althought the mover didn’t showed on the actual moving day and had to reschedule, it Was still great working with the 2 from truck T41 as they were very cooperative with the instructions given, gentle with the furniture as well. No issue following my instructions given to them Had a few mishaps but it happens, just had to adapt to the situation.

CBD Movers A.CBD Movers

I would probably not recommend

Disappointing

Moved from a house to a 1st floor apartment with CBD movers. While stairs were involved and there was a few heavy items, I’ve never seen movers mope and complain more. They didn’t take everything I wanted and flat out refused to take some things I explicitly stated when booking.
Worst of all, at the end they wouldn’t leave until I’d given them a positive review here and sent them a screenshot!
Cheap as chips, but so slow I regret not going with a reputable company with some stronger workers.

Great removaliats terrible company

The two removalists we had today [name removed] and [name removed] did a fantastic job. The service from the company they work for was the worst I’ve ever had. Booked a paid a deposit for a large truck and On the day they gave me a small truck instead which meant two loads an extra 3 hours. [name removed] and [name removed] were both fantastic!

Charl Landman
Charl LandmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast hard working employees

3 bedroom house. It’s was only a short distance. The move was was scheduled for 12-3pm but only arrived at 16:30. The boys were fast and professional. Very good workers. (Boota and Kulveer)

Victoria
VictoriaSydney, NSW

Poor service-would not use again

Trent
TrentSouth East Queensland, QLD

A bit disappointing.

Julian
JulianSydney, NSW

Creative invoicing

Moved already packed contents from a garage to a 2br apartment 15 minutes away. They arrived late, did the job ok in 3 hours, and charged me for 5 hours. I questioned their office, showing written evidence of time, but was ignored. This practice makes them end up not being as cost effective as they claim.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Won’t choose again...

Queen
QueenSydney, NSW

Rahul and Preett from T34

One bedroom plus study with a lot of small things included. It took a long time to finish. We were tired. Long distance move. It was from 10:00am to 6:00pm. They put a dent on my Fridge. They were forcing me to write a good review in front of them that’s why I have to submit two reviews. I’m not using CBD movers again.

Ian ParsonsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still requiring a Response regarding Final Invoice

Used CBD Movers to move household furniture from our previous house to storage shed. Service on that occasion was very professional. Our 2nd move from the storage shed was poor. Still chasing up a discrepancy regarding the final bill, which they are failing to respond to.

Ian Parsons

I have sent a response to your email with the booking number 6643940.

Aleisha
AleishaGungahlin 2912, ACT

Not good not bad

My move was from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 2 bedroom unit on level 2
The move was about 20 minute drive from my old address to new one
They arrived late to the point I thought they weren’t coming anymore but they did get the job done

The only con was they weren’t very talkative and spoke in a second language most times so it made me feel uncomfortable

I would recommend a different company

Ash
AshGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too expensive with hidden fees

They arrived at the pick up location on time and came slightly late to the drop off location, but I was informed of traffic so this was no problem. However, there were several hidden fees like the time it took to find the pick up location and the use of a trolley (which they didn’t use after i had paid an extra $20), too expensive but got the job done at least.

rohan j.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly unprofessional service...Stay away

I had made a booking with CBD movers to move some furniture from my old house in Preston to new house (in Preston too, just a km apart) for 2 BHK house. This was my third booking wth CBD movers and I know the movers tend to waste time but I cannot oversee this experience. They were unreasonably slow, lazy and taking smoke breaks. To drive a km they were probably moving @ 10km/hr and took their own sweet time. When confronted the guys were extremely unprofessional and said that this is how they work.
To top everything off, they damaged the entrance wall of my newly constructed apartment.

On seeking help from customer support, they told us that since we have hurried them during transfer they ended up doing the damage and they are not liable.

Mitch
MitchSydney, NSW

Stupid payment approach

Arrived 5 hours later than expected, Dawdled while moving, and have a veryyyyyyyy stupid payment system whereby you have to predict how long it will take BEFORE they unload it. Considering we needed 2 trips, this was extremely frustrating... a logical, normal, sane approach would be to complete the job, then tally the time spent.

Find another option

2 Bedroom apartment move in Perth.
Positive - Arrived on time, the men doing the move were friendly, done in a timely manner.
Negative - Office selectively ignored emails and questions, little care was taken when moving items resulting in damaged furniture and walls. Inconsistent pricing to that listed and other jobs done in area for similar move.

Mahmuda S.
Mahmuda S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad, if you have other option, don’t go to them

Ours was a 1 bedroom 1st floor apartment. We hired 2 people with a moving truck. They were quite slow in their work. And they told us they didnt know its a 1st floor apartment but we mentioned it several times. Please make sure whatever you mention to them in phone conversation, you keep a copy in WRITING/EMAIL because in our case, they simply said we didn’t tell them. So, they charged extra on top of the hourly moving cost.

Rose
RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would Not Recommend

Truck used was way too small to fit all our furniture for a 3 bed house. 2 trips was not enough to transport all our stuff even with my husband helping out with a ute. We had to be out of the house by a certain time but ran way over time. Guys were slow and took way too long to unload. Refused to move TVs that weren't boxed up or very fragile items. Clearly dont have their own insurance. Would never use again.

I and P
I and PCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Slow as a wet week

Ron  Walker
Ron WalkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Faultless service

Moving contents of two-bedroom house including large French-door refrigerator to another house 10 kilometers away. Move started and finished on time.

This is the second time that I have used CBD Movers. The previous time was in July to move from a temporary rental property back to a house that I was selling. On this occasion I was moving from my previous home to my new one.

On both occasions I found the administrative staff to be very efficient, keeping me informed of the progress of the booking. The removalists themselves were efficient, friendly, careful and courteous. Your rates are very reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with CBD Movers

Pamela
Pamela

No care for your belongings

They arrived 40 minutes late, even though i was the first move of the day. Had no care or regard. Scratches on most of my furniture. Put items upside down. A queen mattress, that I had wrapped in a plastic protector, was ripped all the way through, exposing the mattress springs. Took just under an hour and a half to get the move done, charged me 2 hours, and then sat outside my property until 2 hours had lapsed.