CBD Movers (page 3 of 3)

• Job Satisfaction
  • Timeliness

Kelly
KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

A poor excuse for a business

Shellie
ShellieCanberra 2600, ACT

This company should be renamed to Sloth Removals

We recently hired CBD to move our furniture. We opted for the same size truck that moved us from Qld to ACT. Same amount of furniture as our previous move. Took these guys 2 additional hours to load the truck and they couldn’t take everything. My husband ended up assisting with unloading the truck as one of the two Removalists spent the whole 6 hours on the phone! We have had no response to our complaints about the time taken by their staff. Very dissatisfied

WilMelbourne

They said they are a professional service. did not act like one.

Only needed one furniture item moved. The phone operator requested the "fuel" charge of $25 pre paid as a deposit. But following the move, total charge went through and didn't take into account of the deposit. Which meant I now need to wait for a refund.
The movers also refused to offload my item until I fully paid for the service. Had no idea if it was damaged or worse. But they insisted fully paid before offloading.
Also got bombarded with text and email advertising on their service products after the enquiry. Highly insensitive.

Homeslice
HomesliceCanberra

These guys definitely don't have moving down to an art.

Avoid this company.

Booked a move and they were suppose to arrive between 12 and 3pm to commence the move. At 3pm I had to call them to see where they were. They said they did not have a truck available and could not move our things and could they do the move the next day. This was not possible since we were supposed to give the keys back to real estate agent the following day. The company managed to find a truck after an hour. But our move was not completed until 7:30pm.

Ronell
RonellPerth, WA

Good experience but found the process on the slower side.

Small 4x2 house moved to 30 minutes away. Arrived at arranged time but took long to load and unload we helped to speed it up. Overall it took 5.5 hours

Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA

Cheap, get what you pay for

Large items, moved over a short distance, total job time was 1hour 50 minutes but they charged me for 2.5 hours, demanded payment before unloading, i had to assist aswell, they werent very careful, damaged some stuff and walls at drop off address when moving stuff in aswell. At drop off they wanted to just dump everything in my carport, reluctantly agreed to place some items in house, damages walls in process

Kate
KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lil Cruiser
Lil CruiserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Moving with CBD Movers

The removalists had a poor grasp of English. They could not understand what I said which resulted in a phone call from their office. I also received 3 phone calls and 3 emails asking me for feedback - a bit excessive! On the plus side, they were efficient and removed the furniture without incident.

Lucy H
Lucy HGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very average

CBD Movers A.CBD Movers

OK move but dodgy pricing and invoicing

Recently had CBD move a small amount of furniture. As a result my fridge now has a small dent in it and I was not impressed when I saw one of the movers rolling my lovely blackwood table on its edge out of the truck!
I was also charged $225 in cash but received an invoice later for $152.50! No reply from CBD when I queried the difference. If you use CBD, keep a watch on how they handle your goods and check pricing carefully!!

Michael
Michael

I have not received any communication from your customer service. Perhaps this could be sent again?

Sathis
SathisMelbourne, 3032

Snail Movers

First of all, there are not no punctual in time and 2 Hours late from booking time. They take all the items slow as they can do, also they have don't look like professional movers because there was no protection enabled for item, just covered with old blanket. Since I have moved for short distance didn't have much issues, later realised , it will not be wise decision to use them for long distance.
I am really sceptical about their service. If don't provide proper service it is going to disaster later to your business.

Anonymous
Anonymousmelbourne

Great Company & Movers, Just WAY overpriced

Just wanna say a thanks to CBD movers at such short notice to move me within 24 hours. Very lovely people, reliable, friendly and good to deal with. But originally the move should of taken just under 3 hours with what needed to be loaded and unloaded. BUT 4 1/2 hours later! They were very slow movers. Cost way outta budget for what i got moved.

Ron.Brisbane

Unprofessional

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane
Ron.

I had already called your customer service Department previously, was told that CBD Movers would not consider my complaint.
How do you propose to resolve the issue may I ask?

Hannah
HannahPerth

3rd time lucky, we had our stuff relocated

Was meant to come at midday, by 5pm no one had come so was rescheduled to 8am next morning. Guys came at 8am but couldn't promise my stuff wouldn't be damaged! So they quit... 3 hours later i call to see what the go is, and they they're sending out the 'good' guys, after midday finally turned up and actually did the job to how i was expecting it to be done. Lot of fuss & bother over such a small move, that I think I'd definitely use someone else when we move house! I was very disappointed.

Office LocationWA, Perth
J HAdelaide

Overcharged and then refused to refund

For the actual service we really have little complaint. 2 guys turned up on time did a 3 hour move in 40 degree heat without any fuss. However they requested more money than we were quoted, only would accept cash, and then our receipt was issued days later with a whole lot of strange mistakes on it. It seems as though the extra money we paid, went straight into the driver's pocket.

3 weeks later and absolutely no care or responsibility to address the issue. Every time you ring the company you are apparently speaking to "the manager". Almost comical actually.

Office LocationSA, Adelaide
J H

Anyone seeing this just be warned that they offered only a portion of the owing amount as a refund. We accepted as we couldn't be bothered fighting for the rest.

C P
C PAdelaide

Absolutely terrible!

Arrived 4 1/2 hours late, didn't call us until we chased them up on an arrival time.
Had a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house to move 7 minutes down the road, everything well packed and ready.
Was quoted 90 minutes, which I knew was far too short of an estimate... but it took 5 hours!
Obviously not professional movers, left things behind in our old place, and offered no discount for their tardiness.

Appalling service, I strongly suggest you employ a more reputable and professional group.

Office LocationSA, Adelaide
Larry
LarryMelbourne

Slow, no initiative, dragging their feet and leaving furniture behind

Move was over a short distance, 2 bedroom house. They were so slow, dragging their feet, reluctant to take things, packed the truck in a poor manner so that they could not fit everything in which should have fit in. Left furniture and big pot plants behind which meant that I had to take another 4 or 5 car loads myself, over charged me by claiming that did more hours then they actually did, and got upset when I refused to pay over the time that I could see they worked. Dropped things like my printer on the floor and were lazy about kicking things and bumping into things. As well as playing the poor language not understanding me and being chauvinistic towards me as a single female. I would not use them again not recommended this company.

Jasmine
JasmineBrisbane

Good Service but Delayed

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane

Did the job - but - need to improve Customer focus

Hired them for a quick pick and delivery. If your equipment breaks down, do the correct thing and call and say there is a unavoidable hiccup. The client should not keep calling to find out why the pick up and delivery has stalled. The job was completed - albeit, the next day.
Customers are your focus - if you keep them informed - you keep them happy.

Office LocationWA, Perth
Grace
GraceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Took longer than expected

Move from storage to 2 bedroom apartment
City to Balwyn
Movers were punctual. However the move took 4.5 hours, and that was including me and my mum pushing trolleys and loading boxes and moving things ourselves. The issue that despite having two men, only one was a very hardworking mover. They had only one big trolley to use, and one small trolley which me and my mum used while the second mover spent time folding blankets at the back of the truck.
I know they probably tried their best, and were very courteous but am still disappointed it took them 4.5 hours, with my mum and I exhausted from trying to speed things along.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne

Depends who you get for your move!

We moved from a 3 bed, single storey house over two separate days to tie in with selling our current home. Our move was over a short distance. First move was good. Truck arrived on time and got on with the job. Second move was disappointing. The truck was very late and the movers very slow and would not follow instruction. They were not very careful with our furniture and some was damaged and there was a lot of standing around instead of getting on with the job. We had to muck in and keep them moving and do some ourselves to save money and time. Wouldn't use them again if we were going to be moved by the second team.

Vanessa
VanessaMelbourne

Move arranged on short notice

Very happy that CBD were able to move on short notice, rang before coming as arranged, arrived a little later than expected but job was done in a speedy fashion. Only issue we had was that the front door (of rental house) was damaged and we may have to pay for restitution, or possibly even lose bond. Would like CBD to advise if we can claim this as part of the insurance we were told was covered in the cost of move.

Average.

Good. Prompt service. Took care of the furnitures and appliances. Cost is average.
Bad. Staff did not take care of floor boards. had a few scratches that needs to be repaired. Did not see damage after they were long gone.