CBD Movers (page 2 of 2)

• Timeliness

Rose
RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would Not Recommend

Truck used was way too small to fit all our furniture for a 3 bed house. 2 trips was not enough to transport all our stuff even with my husband helping out with a ute. We had to be out of the house by a certain time but ran way over time. Guys were slow and took way too long to unload. Refused to move TVs that weren't boxed up or very fragile items. Clearly dont have their own insurance. Would never use again.

I and P
I and PCanberra Central 2602, ACT

Slow as a wet week

Pamela
Pamela

No care for your belongings

They arrived 40 minutes late, even though i was the first move of the day. Had no care or regard. Scratches on most of my furniture. Put items upside down. A queen mattress, that I had wrapped in a plastic protector, was ripped all the way through, exposing the mattress springs. Took just under an hour and a half to get the move done, charged me 2 hours, and then sat outside my property until 2 hours had lapsed.

Kelly
KellySouth East Queensland, QLD

A poor excuse for a business

Shellie
ShellieCanberra 2600, ACT

This company should be renamed to Sloth Removals

We recently hired CBD to move our furniture. We opted for the same size truck that moved us from Qld to ACT. Same amount of furniture as our previous move. Took these guys 2 additional hours to load the truck and they couldn’t take everything. My husband ended up assisting with unloading the truck as one of the two Removalists spent the whole 6 hours on the phone! We have had no response to our complaints about the time taken by their staff. Very dissatisfied

WilMelbourne

They said they are a professional service. did not act like one.

Only needed one furniture item moved. The phone operator requested the "fuel" charge of $25 pre paid as a deposit. But following the move, total charge went through and didn't take into account of the deposit. Which meant I now need to wait for a refund.
The movers also refused to offload my item until I fully paid for the service. Had no idea if it was damaged or worse. But they insisted fully paid before offloading.
Also got bombarded with text and email advertising on their service products after the enquiry. Highly insensitive.

Homeslice
HomesliceCanberra

These guys definitely don't have moving down to an art.

Avoid this company.

Booked a move and they were suppose to arrive between 12 and 3pm to commence the move. At 3pm I had to call them to see where they were. They said they did not have a truck available and could not move our things and could they do the move the next day. This was not possible since we were supposed to give the keys back to real estate agent the following day. The company managed to find a truck after an hour. But our move was not completed until 7:30pm.

Ron.Brisbane

Unprofessional

Office LocationQLD, Brisbane
Ron.

I had already called your customer service Department previously, was told that CBD Movers would not consider my complaint.
How do you propose to resolve the issue may I ask?

J HAdelaide

Overcharged and then refused to refund

For the actual service we really have little complaint. 2 guys turned up on time did a 3 hour move in 40 degree heat without any fuss. However they requested more money than we were quoted, only would accept cash, and then our receipt was issued days later with a whole lot of strange mistakes on it. It seems as though the extra money we paid, went straight into the driver's pocket.

3 weeks later and absolutely no care or responsibility to address the issue. Every time you ring the company you are apparently speaking to "the manager". Almost comical actually.

Office LocationSA, Adelaide
J H

Anyone seeing this just be warned that they offered only a portion of the owing amount as a refund. We accepted as we couldn't be bothered fighting for the rest.

C P
C PAdelaide

Absolutely terrible!

Arrived 4 1/2 hours late, didn't call us until we chased them up on an arrival time.
Had a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house to move 7 minutes down the road, everything well packed and ready.
Was quoted 90 minutes, which I knew was far too short of an estimate... but it took 5 hours!
Obviously not professional movers, left things behind in our old place, and offered no discount for their tardiness.

Appalling service, I strongly suggest you employ a more reputable and professional group.

Office LocationSA, Adelaide
Larry
LarryMelbourne

Slow, no initiative, dragging their feet and leaving furniture behind

Move was over a short distance, 2 bedroom house. They were so slow, dragging their feet, reluctant to take things, packed the truck in a poor manner so that they could not fit everything in which should have fit in. Left furniture and big pot plants behind which meant that I had to take another 4 or 5 car loads myself, over charged me by claiming that did more hours then they actually did, and got upset when I refused to pay over the time that I could see they worked. Dropped things like my printer on the floor and were lazy about kicking things and bumping into things. As well as playing the poor language not understanding me and being chauvinistic towards me as a single female. I would not use them again not recommended this company.

Office LocationVIC, Melbourne

Did the job - but - need to improve Customer focus

Hired them for a quick pick and delivery. If your equipment breaks down, do the correct thing and call and say there is a unavoidable hiccup. The client should not keep calling to find out why the pick up and delivery has stalled. The job was completed - albeit, the next day.
Customers are your focus - if you keep them informed - you keep them happy.

Office LocationWA, Perth

Average.

Good. Prompt service. Took care of the furnitures and appliances. Cost is average.
Bad. Staff did not take care of floor boards. had a few scratches that needs to be repaired. Did not see damage after they were long gone.