Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi Questions & Answers (page 2 of 4)

Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

61 questions from our users

John A
John Aasked

I keep getting a SMS saying that a firmware update is available for my cel-fi go-go. Wave says the software is up to date . What is the difference between firmware and software and how do you update firmware

LisandLeif A.
LisandLeif A.asked

Can I use both my iPhone and iPad on the cel fi. I tried to download the app on my iPad as well, it comes on but it won’t connect

Gavin B.
Gavin B.asked

Hi,
I have recently bought a Telstra Go Stationary and I am having difficulty registering it. The rest of the family are on Optus and we already have a Cel-Fi booster for it. So when I opened the Wave app, which I already had on my phone it didn’t give me the option to register the Go Station. I am not sure how to do it now or who to call? Any help would be appreciated.

Rebecca S.asked

Hi there.

I have a couple of questions.
I attended the Telstra shop today and they sold us a mobile Telstra Go mobile repeater for the home as we do not have an antenna.

1. Can you have more than one device linked to the repeater?

2. How do you overcome your mobile etc not picking up the repeater when searching for it over Bluetooth?

Thank you.

Rebecca S.

I must add. I have had a great outcome with my phone connected.

gitshoasked

What is the best cel fi for using whilst travelling in caravan

KimP
KimP

I hooked up the cel fi pro to the correct yagi antenna on the roof. We used the same pole that the TV antenna is on. The yagi sits just below the TV antenna. The booster is connected to the antenna and has strong signal. The repeater is showing good strong signal. Except my Telstra mobile phone sits on one and sometimes two bars? Why is my phone not picking up the signal?

Have you registered your phone . Rgds

Glenasked

Can anyone within range access my celfi without having the app? Do they just pick up the boost automatically? Do I have to manually change the box from 4g to 3G?

Tony K.
Tony K.

No the app uses Bluetooth to register your phone to it. After registration you can close the app. Yes it automatically picks up and boosts the available signal at your location. No the box has an auto mode setting or you can choose manually.

Nice one, cheers.

Ross Uasked

Hi guys, I have Cel-fi Stationary on a yacht. External antenna Blackhawk Omni Marine High gain at mast head 20 metres up, and indoor Blackhawk Panel antenna in saloon. Intermittent results... In areas of good external signal unit boost=9. In areas of low external signal the cel fi does not connect to tower while at same time phones can get 1 or 2 bars. Phones and cel-fi set to 4G. Can anyone recommend a way to improve results? many thanks.

Correction phones and cel-fi set to 3G

Dave R.asked

How do you work it what antena you need with the cel-fi go stationary unit?

SJK
SJK

I have tried a yagi antenae at about 2 metres above rooftop height and reception was not improved. Also I found that in a large house one unit did not cover all areas.

Carl M.
Carl M.

First you need to find out what frequency your tower is on. That will dictate which antennae you can use

Dave R.

Thanks for the info. I have since bought a unit and have good strong signal. Unfortunately the towers are over loaded so the date isn't travelling will on the signal.

Ben
Benasked

I have a celfi booster at the top of the property with the booster antenna pointing to the house. Between the house and the top of the property there is my workshop. The old repeater at the workshop has 5 bars everything is great in fact I can do without the repeater here but I use it to distribute signal in the steel shed all is good.
I have a repeater at the house with a very high antenna and it has 5 bars. I tried to different repeaters at the house all with 5 bars and I still get major drop out can't text and the data is rubbish. Past the house on front of property out of reach of the repeater but just coming off the booster whilst not many bars on the phone I can make a better call. What could be wrong at the house?

David
David

male sure your booster and phone are set to the same signal. don't have booster set to auto as this will drop out signals and phone calls every time it searches. set rural signal to either 3g or band 28 (4g equivalent).

Russell
Russellasked

I purchased a cel fi go mobile today. All connected correctly but when powered up it won’t allow you to select a mode and can’t connect to the app

Scott S.
Scott S.

I have the same problem, did you end up being able to resolve it?

MArk N
MArk Nasked

What is the difference between using a cel fi pro or a cel fi go for use inside a two story house is one better than the other for this
Regards
Mark Augusta wa

Alan miskinasked

We have a go mobile unit purchased from power tech several weeks ago. We keep getting lost Bluetooth connection warnings for one or both of our iPhones despite being 6 feet away or even holding the phone right beside the unit. It almost seems that you cannot connect more than one phone at a time due to the Bluetooth connection issue. Is the unit broken or are the incomplete instructions for how to use these things of no help

Same issue with ours!

Alan miskin

What I have found is that the Bluetooth app just lets you check on the performance and settings on the booster. Only one device can be connected to that at a time but this does not prevent multiple devices from having their signals boosted at any one time. Bottom line is nothing is wrong with the device and now we know how it works we are happy

Wendy L.
Wendy L.asked

Why won’t the app work on my Samsung 4 phone says not compatible

Michael A.
Michael A.asked

Are there instructions on how to change the antenna settings using the Nextivity Wave app

dewdropasked

I currently have a large omni-directional car antenna mounted on my house roof which is connected to my mobile phone via a patch lead. This gives me one bar on the 3G network so I can make calls and send texts while it's plugged into the antenna. When not plugged into the antenna there is no signal AT ALL. My question is: If I install the Cel-Fi using my existing antenna will I get enough boosted signal to my mobile via the internal wifi antenna? I am reluctant to purchase a Yagi antenna just yet.

Colin

I'm a little confused by your question, I would anticipate that the cel-fi unit would work but a directional yagi pointing in the direction of the strongest tower source would be much better. The signal that your mobile phone picks up is Not via wifi and it doesn't use the wifi antenna in you mobile phone.
Your mobile phone works just the same as it does normally, it uses its normal mobile phone internal antenna. Working just like it was picking up from a normal cell/tower. But instead its picking up a signal from your cel-fi repeater. If the system is on Telstra, anyone with a Telstra mobile device can come to your property and use your cel-fi repeater, no cost to you. You're repeating a normal signal from a local tower.
Hope this helps. Good luck with whatever you decide. I can't guarantee anything obviously.

dewdrop

Yes I understand but all the reviews have clearly stated that if you get no mobile signal now then Cel-Fi unlikely to boost much. I assumed these reviewers were referring to general signal pick up without external assistance eg my antenna set-up. My existing one bar signal is totally dependent on that antenna and patch lead directly connected to my mobile (which is btw old enough to have and RF port for that). So my question really is when is no signal no signal so as not to bother trying to boost it?

Cat I
Cat Iasked

Does this product work outside Australia as we would like to put it on an international boat?

Colin

Hi, sorry I can't really help you with that one. The unit that I have is for Telstra only as far I know it only works with Telstra in Australia and you need to be close to an area that has reasonable Telstra mobile coverage. These units only repeat and amplify a weak signal. If you are not near a Telstra mobile service area it probably wouldn't be much use to you. I do believe there are similar systems for other mobile networks Optus etc. Another major factor is the type of antenna that you use. I hope this helps. For better and more information I would suggest you talk with Telstra in Australia. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Christopher C.

We have one in NZ very poor product for us

detectorgerami
detectorgeramiasked

hi its les eastham i have a nextivity celfi -rs250cu unit window unit celfi-rs250wu the booster is showing 3 bars as normal but the wifi unit does not want to connect just red flashing i rang telstra and they were no help at all the wont even look at it all they said was you need another window areail i have a 6mt pole with a yagi antena the unit has been working great for years i bought the unit of telco antenas in qld hence why telstra wont look at it do i need to buy a new unit or can this be fixed? thank you

Colin

Hi, I'm sorry but I don't think I can be of much help to you. I have no experience of the type of unit you are using. I am aware of your type of system and I have read that some people do have some problems. The system consists of two units where one unit receives the signal by being placed near a window or connected to an external antenna and then transmits it to a second unit placed in the centre of the area you want to have improved mobile coverage. I have read that many things can have an effect on the linking transmission between the units, the system can be susceptible to interference from other devices. I decided after some research to go with the system I am using which consists of a single unit, it's connected to a yagi antenna which is high up on the roof and the unit (Cel-Fi repeater) has a small internal antenna that screws on to a connection socket on the opposite end to the external antenna. I have the unit placed high near the ceiling in our house, we receive good mobile coverage both in and out side.
There are many YouTube videos that demonstrate the different types of units and systems plus some forums that discuss the various issues that people are encountering. Some of these units/systems are fairly new, more info about installation and operational issues will probably become available in time.
Very sorry I can't be of any more assistants to you.

Wayne
Wayneasked

We are considering installing a Cel-Fi on a yacht (60 foot mast mount for the aerial) for coastal cruising around Australia. Is there somewhere we can read or watch video reviews of this product please? Wayne

Rob G
Rob Gasked

Hi, can you tell me if the older CelFi units for Telstra NextG will amplify the new 4GX Band 28 (700MHz)?

Hi Rob, if you are referring to the older RS2 unit (Not the Pro), it supports only NextG and will not pickup Band 28.

ELAINE
ELAINEasked

Is their a list of what is included in the Cel Fi Pro updates? I have downloaded the Android app and it is informing me an update is required, however I would like to know what the update is prior to accepting.

Soton
Soton

No there is not currently any information given out on updates.
For such a controlled and powerful product there is a surprising lack of QOS

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives