Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi Questions & Answers (page 4 of 4)

Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

63 questions from our users

Duncanonmail
Duncanonmailasked

What if the 1 bar connection reaches only to the middle of the paddock beside the house. No bars in the house or adjacent garage?

There are two options:
1) Check signal on the roof of the house where you can place an external antenna and connect it to the window unit
2) Run a 50m cable away from the house to an area that gets signal and mount the external antenna there.

Michele
Michele

Sorry not sure that I can answer this
I am in a domestic house on the beach with cel fi I now get 8 bars when before I only got 1

Michr
Michrasked

How much energy do the boosters require? Apart from the cost of the boosters, I also need to consider the costs to have them plugged in 24/7.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Each installation is different. It can range average 0.8Amp and hit peaks close to 1.5Amps for each box in the system. The higher consumption could be experienced in poor signal areas or when the mobile device is in use.

Neil
Neilasked

What is your costs per month, cost to ring usa. Is money carried forward?

Wendy
Wendy

Hi Neil, the Cel Fi is a mobile booster to give you better service. The one off cost is $877. It is two boxes, a window unit and a coverage unit. My window unit is connected to my Yagi external antenna which cost about $500 two years ago. So not cheap to set up this infrastructure but definitely improves the coverage significantly. After that, the costs depend on your own personal phone and Internet plans. I use Telstra. Cheers Wendy.

Hi Neil

As Wendy has mentioned the Cel-Fi does not take a sim card and does not have call charges associated with it. It is just a one off purchase.

The products sole purpose is to boost your mobile signal and we have units available for all carriers in Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives