Cel-Fi (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

JRT
JRTGRAFTON

Cel Fi Go... Stands for paper weight!!!

I've had my celfi go piece of crap now for over 12 mths, its mounted in my truck that I do long haul around the country inn, I can tell you down to the white post beside the road on any HWY in the county when Signal comes in and when signal drops out, this thing was supposed to be the greatest thing sines slices bread, it's a useless piece of crap!!! I've spoken to support many times, I've sent the thing back to be checked, they say it's works fine, the thing does nothing at all. Save ya money folks, your better off using 2 cups joined with string!!!

Useless

Link drops out all the time. Support blame it on 5Ghz interference. We have no 5Ghz devices running. The unit falls over every time you try a speed test from your phone using HSDPA, total waste of time and money

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Telelynx - It sounds like you have a Cel-Fi PRO as there can be 5Ghz interference - this is one of the problems that can affect a small % of products. The unit should not fall down and I recommend you reconnect with Support department again.

Telelynx

I have no more time to waste on it, unless you have a firmware upgrade, the support I've had to date has been at all helpful

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

Cell fi go a waste of money

The cellfi booster I bought for my car was a waste of money but I did send it back and I did get a refund.
If you want to get maxx reception you are better to buy a full built in truckfone and are cheaper.

Stew MckenzieNarrogin

Excellent product and very happy.

We have had our first unit now for a couple of months. Where there is no signal the unit still searches and has still maintained Apple Music and Spotify. Switching the unit to 3G has enabled more signal boost than running in 4G as the unit will drop in and out while searching.
Very happy with the product and the signal boost we have gained from it.
We are now looking forward to the rest of our fleet getting the Cel Fi ago units installed.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Thanks for your feedback.

Stew Mckenzie

You are more than welcome, I know that off the back of this review and off the back of having this unit in my work ute, I have helped sell 9 in car units and 3 home based units.

Brian
BrianKaroonda

excellent product now i have service in house

Waste of money

It is the biggest peice of garbage i have ever bought. Never worked properly. The transmiter always loses its signal. It has never gotten above 2 on the indoor unit. No matter whete you put each unit spend most of its time on 0 or 1 even though the window unit has 5 bar's.. your phone will show full bars but can usually do nothing with it..

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hello Chris. Please submit a ticket to receive Technical support for your issues. There could be a fault with the unit. http://www.powertec.com.au/helpdesk/

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerBrisbane

Mobile booster did nothing

I had high hopes for this expensive mobile signal booster which claimed 9dB gain (FYI that's double, double again and double yet again) but in comparison after comparison it did not improve either voice calls or mobile data in low signal areas. To their credit, they did provide a refund but only after their CEO embarrassed himself by calling me names in an email to their sales manager which he accidentally CC'd to me!!! Not a business I'd be keen to deal with again.

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Staggering poor service from Cel-Fi Powertec (distributor)

Ordered a replacement after our last unit failed (fairly often occurrence but worked reasonably well when it did work). A week after ordering and authorising payment to our credit card I have to ring up to find out why we haven't got it. I am then blamed by accounts for A:) Not paying for it already... you took my credit card dah! B:) Not asking whether they had it in stock when I ordered... Didn't stop them taking the order...
Now I am told it is weeks away and all I get is "too bad you should've asked if it was in stock" AND " If you'd checked your credit card you would have seen we hadn't charged you for it" These guys don't care about service as Telstra was stupid enough to make Cel-Fi the only authorised unit.

Dave

You apologise for not notifying me sooner? You didn't notify me at all. I had to ring you!

Question about cel-fi

We live in a rural area in Queensland 80ks from the closest town. We get full service coverage 12ks from the house and We get service now and then but not all the time in our house but will it still work?

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Flick. Cel-Fi needs one bar of signal to work. With the signal dropping in and out, you would need to purchase a lpda or yagi antenna to bring the signal in from outside and to get full optimisation. Hope that helps.

Don't bother

We purchased a Cel-Fi and it hasn't made any difference to our reception! We have tried placing it in several places around the house and there is no difference. Money down the drain!
We have also contacted the company to help us with the issue and it still doesn't work. I think it has been put in the too hard basket. We paid to have our unit sent back to have a service tech look at it and send it back still not working.
On a positive note. Dave in the customer service team was very nice to deal with.

Esty
Esty

We even had an Installer come out and fit a trial antenna and this had no affect what so ever!! We have just written off the money we spent.

2 from 3 don't work

Purchased 3 units 12 months ago for farm houses and workshop, one works most of the time but still drops out for no reason and the other two barely work at all. For the price we are very disappointed. Apparently the new model is better but I'm a little reluctant to invest in them again.

Glad i purchased it

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Kat
KatHerbert

From zero/1 to 4 bars inside the house!

Located in rural Darwin region. We were lucky to get one bar of 3G on the windowsill in the living area and lots of dropped calls. With the cel-fi unit and an external antenna we now have 3-4 bars through the house and even 4G at times, and no more drop out. Would highly recommend and although expensive it is nice to be able to communicate with the outside world without having to go outside. The only issue I have is that even though you can turn the light off on the unit it sometimes turns itself back on for some reason (I haven't experienced any call problems but I wonder if this is related to the connection between to two units). Glad I didn't wait too long to buy this unit as it is amazing.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Thanks Kat, thank you for the great review, glad it's working well. The LCD screen can come on if the wireless link between the units drop. Next time the LCD screen comes on check to see if there is a notification on the screen.

Simon Farr
Simon FarrBrisbane

Rubbish. If you want to buy one really cheap check on eBay as mine will be there tomorrow.

Bought the most expensive 4G one I could including high gain aerial, downloaded the app, moved the primary and secondary device around the house, moved it it different houses, boats, changed between manual and auto aerial options via the app and no improvement on my current phone. All it does is use power and creates a light at night.

Farm useless mobile connection until I found Cel-Fi

At our farm near Seymour we have never been able to take mobile calls unless we walked up the hill to the shearing shed. Now with Cel-Fi my family are all very happy as not only can we make mobile calls with full bars on our phone they can now access Facebook !!! Thank you Cel-Fi

Andrew FarrBrisbane

No significant improvement

We were assured this system would work. It doesn't. Randomly jumps from unit to cell tower it appears. Can't handle more than one phone. Waste of space. Powertech refused to pick unit up to see if it was faulty.

Evelyn
Evelyn

Excellent customer service! Dave from Powertec so helpful! had our faulty unit replaced and shipped from Gold Coast to Kuranda in less then 24 hours. We live in a rural area and have no mobile phone or internet reception with out the Nextivity cel fi we would be out of touch. Many thanks Dave

Andrew
AndrewNorth-West & West coast, TAS

better than nothing

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

Michele
MicheleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No more standing on one leg in the driveway

After putting up with little or no reception for twenty years due to as I've been told after many many hours on help desks that I live in a black spot
In the past, I've had to make and take calls in all weather conditions at my back door.
I finally gave in and paid for a cel-fi. What a crap I've been for being too stubborn to pay for it. I can now move around my home and be productive whilst working from home and making those sense of duty family phone calls. I've more than paid for it already with the increase in productivity whilst on the phone.

chockitti
chockittiWallsend

This is the new generation

The only thing you need is a place in your home that gets at least 1 bar of 3G or 4G signal in to enable the Cel-Fi to provide indoor coverage and enjoy having great mobile reception.le reception. No longer will you need to go outside or be in a certain room to make a phone call.
Using the Cel-Fi system your indoor mobile signal should be high and the battery will last longer for you to talk, check your Instagram and browse the internet.
Cel-Fi will amplify the mobile signal and increase your data speeds dramatically. Email, internet, video and social networking speeds will be like never before.

emkakel
emkakelAU

Fantastic product

We have a granny flat out the back of our house, and the wi-fi signal could only reach to one corner of the flat. With the Cel-Fi, we now get perfect signal throughout the flat. It was easy to install, and has also improved the speed of the internet within the house.

Brilliant product - brilliant outcome!

This product was recommended to us by a friend. We had one bar in and around the house on a good day, none on a cloudy day and we run a business from home. Order and delivery was simple and my technophobe husband was able to set it up without any assistance. Worked straight off and we now get full bar coverage in and around the house. Worth every dollar! I have since recommended Cel-fi to a colleague who has also moved to a dead coverage area in a rural area.

jo and greg
jo and gregemu downs

the best coverage

the service to start with was spot on and product works extremely well in our area in the country. we have recommended the product to friends in the area. we live in an old stone home on a farm and the coverage was very poor in the house our mobile phones needed to be in the kitchen window to have coverage. now we are able to have service at a range of about 50 metres around the home

Great when you work in a fridge

Our office is in a shed and surrounded by cool rooms, the Cel-Fi lifted the signal strength in the whole office so that all our staff can now take mobile calls in their offices at their desks rather standing in the reception area, which was the only place we got coverage previously.
Great idea - I thought it was a bit pricey when we first looked at it but now its in, it is money well spent.