Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

SJK
SJKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I have two units in a house in Brisbane. Both have ceased to work. I have no mobile phone service without them. Replacement cost over $1,000 each. I would have believed that these units would have a longer life.

Expensive and Limited

Just checked with Cell-fi NZ and each unit is locked to one network provider so no good for visitors etc who are on a different network. Very expensive ( around NZ$1,300) with this limitation. Much cheaper to go with 2 degrees who have Wi-Fi calling at no extra cost.

Problems that still haven't been solved

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Cooper, I understand you had a device locking issue (a requirement added by the carrier). We believe this has now been addressed but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

JRT
JRTGRAFTON

Cel Fi Go... Stands for paper weight!!!

I've had my celfi go piece of crap now for over 12 mths, its mounted in my truck that I do long haul around the country inn, I can tell you down to the white post beside the road on any HWY in the county when Signal comes in and when signal drops out, this thing was supposed to be the greatest thing sines slices bread, it's a useless piece of crap!!! I've spoken to support many times, I've sent the thing back to be checked, they say it's works fine, the thing does nothing at all. Save ya money folks, your better off using 2 cups joined with string!!!

Useless

Link drops out all the time. Support blame it on 5Ghz interference. We have no 5Ghz devices running. The unit falls over every time you try a speed test from your phone using HSDPA, total waste of time and money

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Telelynx - It sounds like you have a Cel-Fi PRO as there can be 5Ghz interference - this is one of the problems that can affect a small % of products. The unit should not fall down and I recommend you reconnect with Support department again.

Telelynx

I have no more time to waste on it, unless you have a firmware upgrade, the support I've had to date has been at all helpful

Cell fi go a waste of money

The cellfi booster I bought for my car was a waste of money but I did send it back and I did get a refund.
If you want to get maxx reception you are better to buy a full built in truckfone and are cheaper.

Waste of money

It is the biggest peice of garbage i have ever bought. Never worked properly. The transmiter always loses its signal. It has never gotten above 2 on the indoor unit. No matter whete you put each unit spend most of its time on 0 or 1 even though the window unit has 5 bar's.. your phone will show full bars but can usually do nothing with it..

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hello Chris. Please submit a ticket to receive Technical support for your issues. There could be a fault with the unit. http://www.powertec.com.au/helpdesk/

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerBrisbane

Mobile booster did nothing

I had high hopes for this expensive mobile signal booster which claimed 9dB gain (FYI that's double, double again and double yet again) but in comparison after comparison it did not improve either voice calls or mobile data in low signal areas. To their credit, they did provide a refund but only after their CEO embarrassed himself by calling me names in an email to their sales manager which he accidentally CC'd to me!!! Not a business I'd be keen to deal with again.

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Staggering poor service from Cel-Fi Powertec (distributor)

Ordered a replacement after our last unit failed (fairly often occurrence but worked reasonably well when it did work). A week after ordering and authorising payment to our credit card I have to ring up to find out why we haven't got it. I am then blamed by accounts for A:) Not paying for it already... you took my credit card dah! B:) Not asking whether they had it in stock when I ordered... Didn't stop them taking the order...
Now I am told it is weeks away and all I get is "too bad you should've asked if it was in stock" AND " If you'd checked your credit card you would have seen we hadn't charged you for it" These guys don't care about service as Telstra was stupid enough to make Cel-Fi the only authorised unit.

Dave

You apologise for not notifying me sooner? You didn't notify me at all. I had to ring you!

Don't bother

We purchased a Cel-Fi and it hasn't made any difference to our reception! We have tried placing it in several places around the house and there is no difference. Money down the drain!
We have also contacted the company to help us with the issue and it still doesn't work. I think it has been put in the too hard basket. We paid to have our unit sent back to have a service tech look at it and send it back still not working.
On a positive note. Dave in the customer service team was very nice to deal with.

Esty
Esty

We even had an Installer come out and fit a trial antenna and this had no affect what so ever!! We have just written off the money we spent.

adrian
adrianasked

Hello . When travelling in remote areas is it better to switch the unit to 3g or leave it on auto to get the best boost of phone signal/data . Thanks

Brett
Brettasked

I purchased the CelFi Go pack from Telstra shop and sales assistant that offered little advice about self install, was actually more keen to sign me up on a plan when I said I would purchase outright.
My install question relates to the donor antenna. What is the recommended way to attach the small antenna to the roof and/or roof rack of my Ford ranger? I can’t find any fixing holes or suggested ways to attach to my vehicle. At this stage I’m thinking either silicone or strong Velcro. Any suggestions?

Andy R.
Andy R.asked

Looking for an installer near Pomona, Noosa Hinterland.
Wondering about the range of these and also if they can be directed or strung together.
Also wondering about the 5G version availability and performance.

Jason
Jason

Andy you can contact me for any info I cover Gympie to the Sunshine coast

Look up RADIO COMM Gympie you will find my number or its on my profile photo cheers

www.radiocomm.net.au

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives