Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Sam. L
Sam. LFar North Queensland, QLD

Useless

Save your money, simply does not boost signal. Cel-fi and Telstra support non existent. Been sending emails and phoning for over ten months now. They promise the world and nothing is followed up.

Purchased at Telstra Stores.

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

SJK
SJKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I have two units in a house in Brisbane. Both have ceased to work. I have no mobile phone service without them. Replacement cost over $1,000 each. I would have believed that these units would have a longer life.

Expensive and Limited

Just checked with Cell-fi NZ and each unit is locked to one network provider so no good for visitors etc who are on a different network. Very expensive ( around NZ$1,300) with this limitation. Much cheaper to go with 2 degrees who have Wi-Fi calling at no extra cost.

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

Problems that still haven't been solved

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Cooper, I understand you had a device locking issue (a requirement added by the carrier). We believe this has now been addressed but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

JRT
JRTGRAFTON

Cel Fi Go... Stands for paper weight!!!

I've had my celfi go piece of crap now for over 12 mths, its mounted in my truck that I do long haul around the country inn, I can tell you down to the white post beside the road on any HWY in the county when Signal comes in and when signal drops out, this thing was supposed to be the greatest thing sines slices bread, it's a useless piece of crap!!! I've spoken to support many times, I've sent the thing back to be checked, they say it's works fine, the thing does nothing at all. Save ya money folks, your better off using 2 cups joined with string!!!

Useless

Link drops out all the time. Support blame it on 5Ghz interference. We have no 5Ghz devices running. The unit falls over every time you try a speed test from your phone using HSDPA, total waste of time and money

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Telelynx - It sounds like you have a Cel-Fi PRO as there can be 5Ghz interference - this is one of the problems that can affect a small % of products. The unit should not fall down and I recommend you reconnect with Support department again.

Telelynx

I have no more time to waste on it, unless you have a firmware upgrade, the support I've had to date has been at all helpful

Cell fi go a waste of money

The cellfi booster I bought for my car was a waste of money but I did send it back and I did get a refund.
If you want to get maxx reception you are better to buy a full built in truckfone and are cheaper.

Waste of money

It is the biggest peice of garbage i have ever bought. Never worked properly. The transmiter always loses its signal. It has never gotten above 2 on the indoor unit. No matter whete you put each unit spend most of its time on 0 or 1 even though the window unit has 5 bar's.. your phone will show full bars but can usually do nothing with it..

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hello Chris. Please submit a ticket to receive Technical support for your issues. There could be a fault with the unit. http://www.powertec.com.au/helpdesk/

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay
Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

Alan

Sometimes the signal is severely attenuated by the structure of the house. Crimsafe, window tint, metal louvres, etc. If you get 2 bars standing on the roof it is very likely to work satisfactorily if you mount an antenna on the roof.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives