Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

Nina

Great for phone not internet

We bought this mostly to boost our internet signal as we were told it would boost it quite a bit. We are disappointed that it did not boost it more. Our internet has gone from terrible to pretty bad so its a step up and a slight improvement. We still cant download a movie etc. We live in the country and cant get NBN. In saying that, if you are buying it to improve your mobile phone coverage- it is great for that!

Nina

Yes, we do have the extra antenna- the Yagi stick.

Electronics

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

Brad R
Brad RPiara Waters

Great idea, a little poor on the follow through.

Was provided one of these by Optus as we live in a new development with marginal coverage (No Telstra or VF at all!), does it's job, makes calls able to be made from inside wheras before they couldn't but Iphone 6 only ever got to 3 bars in most rooms in a 4 by 2 house unless you sat in front of the coverage unit. Very prone to crashing, we were having to reboot every second day which became tiresome. Handing it back to Optus and getting a Homezone now we have a home internet sorted.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Brad, sorry to hear you had some troubles. We can usually help with these setup issues. Before you send the unit back can you call our support department on 07 5577 0500

Good but not great

Have had cel fi now for over 6 months. We were having all sorts of problems with slow connection and drop outs, we are 20ks from a city in a rural setting, so only wi-fi (go figure!) The internet service is now a lot faster, we have the smaller receiver set up in our office. Once we go out of the office only a few meters the signal drops back to what it used to be. When making enquiries regarding this product, we even had Telstra install, they said we would receive good coverage throughout the house. I am great full for small but expensive mercies, as we run a business from here.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Carol. any chance you could give our office a call on 07 5577 0500 and ask for Paul. It does not sound right the signal is dropping off only after a few metres. We should be able to optimise your setup so it has a better coverage area.

Newie
NewiePorongurup

excellent for phone but not good for Internet

I have had the Cel-Fi unit for several months. Very happy with finally being able to use my mobile phone in the house. The Cel-Fi has an external antenna connected. However, I should also have been able to use my Internet modem but found that although I get a very strong signal on the modem it is very, very slow. I therefore still have to have my modem on a separate external antenna.
reliable, efficient for voice
does not provide efficient data benefit

adrian
adrianasked

Hello . When travelling in remote areas is it better to switch the unit to 3g or leave it on auto to get the best boost of phone signal/data . Thanks

Brett
Brettasked

I purchased the CelFi Go pack from Telstra shop and sales assistant that offered little advice about self install, was actually more keen to sign me up on a plan when I said I would purchase outright.
My install question relates to the donor antenna. What is the recommended way to attach the small antenna to the roof and/or roof rack of my Ford ranger? I can’t find any fixing holes or suggested ways to attach to my vehicle. At this stage I’m thinking either silicone or strong Velcro. Any suggestions?

Andy R.
Andy R.asked

Looking for an installer near Pomona, Noosa Hinterland.
Wondering about the range of these and also if they can be directed or strung together.
Also wondering about the 5G version availability and performance.

Jason
Jason

Andy you can contact me for any info I cover Gympie to the Sunshine coast

Look up RADIO COMM Gympie you will find my number or its on my profile photo cheers

www.radiocomm.net.au

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives