Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Sam. L
Sam. LFar North Queensland, QLD

Useless

Save your money, simply does not boost signal. Cel-fi and Telstra support non existent. Been sending emails and phoning for over ten months now. They promise the world and nothing is followed up.

Purchased at Telstra Stores.

Jay
JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

SJK
SJKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I have two units in a house in Brisbane. Both have ceased to work. I have no mobile phone service without them. Replacement cost over $1,000 each. I would have believed that these units would have a longer life.

Expensive and Limited

Just checked with Cell-fi NZ and each unit is locked to one network provider so no good for visitors etc who are on a different network. Very expensive ( around NZ$1,300) with this limitation. Much cheaper to go with 2 degrees who have Wi-Fi calling at no extra cost.

Darryl
DarrylSydney

Excellent signal Cowan Creek area.

I installed the Cel-Fi Marine Pack unit on our 53 foot trawler. The antenna is about 6 metres above the water. I leave the unit set to “auto” and we are consistently getting 2 bars or more with Telstra. We tried it in bays where without the unit reception is almost nonexistent and we could make calls from all of them. As I write this we have 3 bars in Houseboat Bay. In Smith’s Creek and at Cottage Point (both usually terrible) we had good reception and made calls. Internet is much better, in fact I was able to run the Foxtel app on my phone as we cruised into the end of Smith’s Creek. My Wife and I are very happy with this unit.

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

Problems that still haven't been solved

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Cooper, I understand you had a device locking issue (a requirement added by the carrier). We believe this has now been addressed but please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

JRT
JRTGRAFTON

Cel Fi Go... Stands for paper weight!!!

I've had my celfi go piece of crap now for over 12 mths, its mounted in my truck that I do long haul around the country inn, I can tell you down to the white post beside the road on any HWY in the county when Signal comes in and when signal drops out, this thing was supposed to be the greatest thing sines slices bread, it's a useless piece of crap!!! I've spoken to support many times, I've sent the thing back to be checked, they say it's works fine, the thing does nothing at all. Save ya money folks, your better off using 2 cups joined with string!!!

SteveD
SteveDasked

Hi I’m looking at purchasing a cel-fi go unit and wan to use it in my Ute and when I am stopped transfer it to the caravan, I will have two aerials one on Ute and one on caravan, and just transfer main unit. Is this possible?

Bill And-Kerrie H.
Bill And-Kerrie H.asked

Hi. How can I tell how many devices are connected (if any) to the CEL-Fi. Is there a place in WAVE I can look for this!

Ron J.
Ron J.

I have never checked how many devices are connected. Possibly there is somewhere in the WAVE app where it states the number of devices connected. We are not at our holiday house so I can't check for you. Going down next week,bI will have a look.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan
Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives