Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Jay
JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Quinny
QuinnyVictoria

Not what I expected!

Heard I lot about the Cel-Fi Go, and turned out to be disappointed. I had issues from the beginning. I bought the unit from my local Telstra shop in Warrnambool, no backup support once I walked out the door. I had it professionally fitted, but unit failed to deliver!
Turns out, because I have an iPhone X it needs to be dumbed down to 3G to work effectively. Leaves you bewildered to think why they have an ‘auto’ setting in the unit? Leaving me to switch from a 4G setting to a 3G setting on my phone when getting in and out of the car. In this day and age, it seems unthinkable to experience backward software, that can’t determine the most appropriate signal.

Purchased in November 2020 for $950.00.

Works great but NOT when you need it

Purchased in November 2018 at Powertec for $1,100.00.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

T Brown
T BrownMid North Coast, NSW

Average, useful when it works.

Installed Telstra celfi and external aerial probably 1 or 2 years ago. Experienced drop outs straight away after installation. Complained to the distributor within the first week and was told nothing was wrong. Had probably 10 drops outs today alone. Works sometimes. Better than nothing but very frustrating.

Purchased at Fetter comunication for $1,500.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

Darryl
DarrylSydney

Excellent signal Cowan Creek area.

I installed the Cel-Fi Marine Pack unit on our 53 foot trawler. The antenna is about 6 metres above the water. I leave the unit set to “auto” and we are consistently getting 2 bars or more with Telstra. We tried it in bays where without the unit reception is almost nonexistent and we could make calls from all of them. As I write this we have 3 bars in Houseboat Bay. In Smith’s Creek and at Cottage Point (both usually terrible) we had good reception and made calls. Internet is much better, in fact I was able to run the Foxtel app on my phone as we cruised into the end of Smith’s Creek. My Wife and I are very happy with this unit.

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

Paul B.Cel-Fi
Brian
BrianKaroonda

excellent product now i have service in house

Glad i purchased it

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Andrew
AndrewNorth-West & West coast, TAS

better than nothing

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

Great when you work in a fridge

Our office is in a shed and surrounded by cool rooms, the Cel-Fi lifted the signal strength in the whole office so that all our staff can now take mobile calls in their offices at their desks rather standing in the reception area, which was the only place we got coverage previously.
Great idea - I thought it was a bit pricey when we first looked at it but now its in, it is money well spent.

Lenore
LenoreKalbarri

Reliable

Our Cel-fi, connected to a Yagi antenna is providing us with 3- 5 bars after almost no reception with only one bar on the best days.

Di K
Di KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Yahoo have phone service

Having moved from the Gold Coast to Glenwood where coverage is sometimes none existent, we now have 3 to 4 bars. We are currently building a house, but living in a caravan, if the builder cannot contact you! Who knows what your house would look like!!

Works well

Just moved to bushy area with very weak signal. With a home business, mobile reception is crucial. I was a little sceptical but the Cel-fi has definately improved the signal immensely. Still not perfect but going from no signal or one bar to three or four bars is a great improvement. Well worth the money.v

SteveD
SteveDasked

Hi I’m looking at purchasing a cel-fi go unit and wan to use it in my Ute and when I am stopped transfer it to the caravan, I will have two aerials one on Ute and one on caravan, and just transfer main unit. Is this possible?

Bill And-Kerrie H.
Bill And-Kerrie H.asked

Hi. How can I tell how many devices are connected (if any) to the CEL-Fi. Is there a place in WAVE I can look for this!

Ron J.
Ron J.

I have never checked how many devices are connected. Possibly there is somewhere in the WAVE app where it states the number of devices connected. We are not at our holiday house so I can't check for you. Going down next week,bI will have a look.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan
Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives