Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Laurie - Wakerley
Laurie - WakerleySouth East Queensland, QLD

No more standing outside in the rain and mosquitos

After years of having to go outside to make and answer calls I got the Cel-Fi and now have coverage in every room of the house. The receiver had to go next to the only window where I could get reception and the booster in the middle of the house. Now we all have 3-5 bars everywhere and no more dropped calls. Crazy expensive but worth it when I remember how I used to stand under the eaves outside, even when it was raining.

Expensiveeeee

Great

We installed a cel fi unit for our Optus mobiles in our home on the Eyre peninsula, SA. Easy to set up and instantly increased our signal. From 1 or no bars to 3 and 4. We did require an antenna though. Signal on the coverage unit goes between 1 and 7 so it fluctuates quite a bit. And once we get to the other end of the house (probly 10 metres) signal is basically back to normal so the signal boosted is generally pretty localised. We also use a 3g modem and it works well. Very happy not to need different Internet and home phone!
Easy to set up. Instant coverage boosted
Expensive, limited coverage area

Newie
NewiePorongurup

excellent for phone but not good for Internet

I have had the Cel-Fi unit for several months. Very happy with finally being able to use my mobile phone in the house. The Cel-Fi has an external antenna connected. However, I should also have been able to use my Internet modem but found that although I get a very strong signal on the modem it is very, very slow. I therefore still have to have my modem on a separate external antenna.
reliable, efficient for voice
does not provide efficient data benefit

john
johnBargara, Queensland

Works well.

Considering the cost, the performance is quite good. Optus and Telstra signals have always been very problematic. Optus at least was happy to help, Telstra wanted 1600$ for a similar unit. Thank you to Network Communications located at Hinkler in Bundaberg, Casey went out on a limb for me, I'm happy with Cel-Fi, and the result.
easy to set up.
units seem to require a big distance between them to maximise signal, can be a problem, due to location of the best avaliable 3g signal.

Electronics

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

JeffSouthwest, VIC

Excellent but....

Trialled the Cel-Fi over a weekend. As I have no signal in the house I used an external 5db omni antennae and at the Cel-Fi window unit I had 2 bars and a signal of 8 ~ 9 on the coverage unit. Mobile went from no signal to 4 bars with excellent communication on it. The iPad went from no signal to fluctuating solid 3 to occasionally 4 bars but I could not get onto the internet. I use pre paid Telstra and had ample credit. Tried everything, moving both units several times but no changes, moved antennae location all to no avail. Currently on satellite internet and trying to move away from it hence the Cel-Fi trial.
Easy set up. Great mobile signal boost to allow using it.
Expensive. Can't understand why it would not connect to internet?

Cel-Fi
Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Jeff

I am wondering if your internet device is still connected on 4G instead of 3G. Cel-Fi doe snot support 4G. To solve this issue please call the Powertec Telecommunications support department and we will assist.