Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Ron J.Sydney, NSW

Five bars in our entire house

We have a holiday house in a remote location of the south coast of NSW. We had very poor phone reception inside our house and had to stand in one position in the backyard to get two bars on our phone. I installed the Cel-Fi booster myself and now have five bars inside our entire house. Well worth the cost and easy to install if you have basic handyman skills.

Purchased in June 2019.

Game changer

I was a little nervous when I saw some mixed reviews on the CelFi. I used to have 1 to 2 bars of 4G or 3G and it varies on time of day and conditions - very difficult to use or make a call with. Since setting up the stationary CelFi unit, it has absolutely changed my life in rural NSW. I now have full 4G all the time with data speeds of 25mbps down and 18mbps up. Good enough for all sorts of steaming and Zooming. Very very happy customer.

Purchased in October 2021 for $1,200.00.

Wished I’d got it sooner

Had this product installed professionally and it’s brilliant, from only having one bar of service to now full service, the technician spent ages making sure it was in the perfect location for max results, highly recommended

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Augustus G.
Augustus G.

works perfectly

easy to install & do it yourself system. its not hard just ensure you have separation between all antenna and base modulator. use the app and bluetooth into. works perfectly. pretty much zero bars to 5 on sunshine coast

Purchased in July 2021 for $1,000.00.

AN U.
AN U.South East Queensland, QLD

Needs to be installed correctly

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,234.00.

bob
bobNorthern Region, NSW

Thought I had bought a lemon! Stay away from POWERTEC!

Purchased in February 2021.

Jason
JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Info from a Professional Installer

The fact of the matter is a lot of people buys these CelFi Units and install them selves. if you don’t understand how RF works Antenna separation ect. You will never get them to work properly, I have installed many of these devices and the customer has always been happy with the result and I as well. So do your self a favour get a qualified installer to take care of the job for you, and if you have had it installed by professional installer and it’s not working satisfactory go back and demand it to be rectified.

Travelling in our van and works can fantastic.

So simple and works. Plugged in aeriels, downloaded Wave app to Reno Oppo and S10. Registered device, synced phones, got 5 bars.
Great product, highly recommend to increase signal.
We wifi to Telstra TV box from phones and hasn't missed a beat. Only have the mini aerial atm.

Purchased in February 2020 for $720.00.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

At last my other devices get signal from my phone

Purchased in January 2020 at Telstra Centro Gympie for $816.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

Tony
TonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Well how about that

I bought a Cel-Fi Telstra fitted to a 2016 Falcon and my phone is a Samsung Note 8.
I had a major project that required a lot of discussion. I was in Toowoomba and was travelling to Caboolture for a function. I departed Toowoomba tracking north through Highfields to Hampton, turned right across the range to Esk turned left and tracked to just north of Toogoolowah then right on the back road around Somerset to Kilcoy then over the hills down to Caboolture.
I held one conversation the entire way and did not drop out once.
Holy snapping duck poop Batperson.....
These things are just bloody brilliant. Sort of like the good old days when you could attach an external antenna to your Nokia but you don't have to plug it in.

Purchased in March 2019 for $995.00.

Frankie93
Frankie93Perth, WA

We Can Now Use Our Mobiles at Home

Purchased in February 2019.

Darryl
DarrylSydney

Excellent signal Cowan Creek area.

I installed the Cel-Fi Marine Pack unit on our 53 foot trawler. The antenna is about 6 metres above the water. I leave the unit set to “auto” and we are consistently getting 2 bars or more with Telstra. We tried it in bays where without the unit reception is almost nonexistent and we could make calls from all of them. As I write this we have 3 bars in Houseboat Bay. In Smith’s Creek and at Cottage Point (both usually terrible) we had good reception and made calls. Internet is much better, in fact I was able to run the Foxtel app on my phone as we cruised into the end of Smith’s Creek. My Wife and I are very happy with this unit.

Bill And-Kerrie H.
Bill And-Kerrie H.asked

Hi. How can I tell how many devices are connected (if any) to the CEL-Fi. Is there a place in WAVE I can look for this!

Ron J.

I have never checked how many devices are connected. Possibly there is somewhere in the WAVE app where it states the number of devices connected. We are not at our holiday house so I can't check for you. Going down next week,bI will have a look.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives