Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Quinny
QuinnyVictoria

Not what I expected!

Heard I lot about the Cel-Fi Go, and turned out to be disappointed. I had issues from the beginning. I bought the unit from my local Telstra shop in Warrnambool, no backup support once I walked out the door. I had it professionally fitted, but unit failed to deliver!
Turns out, because I have an iPhone X it needs to be dumbed down to 3G to work effectively. Leaves you bewildered to think why they have an ‘auto’ setting in the unit? Leaving me to switch from a 4G setting to a 3G setting on my phone when getting in and out of the car. In this day and age, it seems unthinkable to experience backward software, that can’t determine the most appropriate signal.

Purchased in November 2020 for $950.00.

Works great but NOT when you need it

Purchased in November 2018 at Powertec for $1,100.00.

T Brown
T BrownMid North Coast, NSW

Average, useful when it works.

Installed Telstra celfi and external aerial probably 1 or 2 years ago. Experienced drop outs straight away after installation. Complained to the distributor within the first week and was told nothing was wrong. Had probably 10 drops outs today alone. Works sometimes. Better than nothing but very frustrating.

Purchased at Fetter comunication for $1,500.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

Darryl
DarrylSydney

Excellent signal Cowan Creek area.

I installed the Cel-Fi Marine Pack unit on our 53 foot trawler. The antenna is about 6 metres above the water. I leave the unit set to “auto” and we are consistently getting 2 bars or more with Telstra. We tried it in bays where without the unit reception is almost nonexistent and we could make calls from all of them. As I write this we have 3 bars in Houseboat Bay. In Smith’s Creek and at Cottage Point (both usually terrible) we had good reception and made calls. Internet is much better, in fact I was able to run the Foxtel app on my phone as we cruised into the end of Smith’s Creek. My Wife and I are very happy with this unit.

Brian
BrianKaroonda

excellent product now i have service in house

Glad i purchased it

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Andrew
AndrewNorth-West & West coast, TAS

better than nothing

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

Great when you work in a fridge

Our office is in a shed and surrounded by cool rooms, the Cel-Fi lifted the signal strength in the whole office so that all our staff can now take mobile calls in their offices at their desks rather standing in the reception area, which was the only place we got coverage previously.
Great idea - I thought it was a bit pricey when we first looked at it but now its in, it is money well spent.

Lenore
LenoreKalbarri

Reliable

Our Cel-fi, connected to a Yagi antenna is providing us with 3- 5 bars after almost no reception with only one bar on the best days.

Di K
Di KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Yahoo have phone service

Having moved from the Gold Coast to Glenwood where coverage is sometimes none existent, we now have 3 to 4 bars. We are currently building a house, but living in a caravan, if the builder cannot contact you! Who knows what your house would look like!!

Works well

Just moved to bushy area with very weak signal. With a home business, mobile reception is crucial. I was a little sceptical but the Cel-fi has definately improved the signal immensely. Still not perfect but going from no signal or one bar to three or four bars is a great improvement. Well worth the money.v

John M
John M

Having to contact the manufacturers again.

Have had this just over a year on 3G Optus band with iPhones. Despite a constant transmitter signal of 5 bars ( maximum ), and a receiver signal of a constant 7 (out of 9) phones never get more than 2 bars, mobile to mobile calls keep crashing, sometimes phones get no signal at all. It's all very unpredictable. Extremely disappointed especially at the cost of $800. New Optus G4 signal in the area is better in our apartment than the Cel Fi boosted 3G !! To top it off, transmitter unit in my office keeps "clicking" and drives me crazy.

Chris
ChrisWoodend

Works great, but only lasts a few months after the warranty period expires

Had these for use on Telstra. 3G Great for boosting mobile signal inside the home. Mobile data a bit slower, but still OK for most. There is a 2 year vendor warranty on these things. Pity mine lasted until a month after the warranty period had expired, meaning another $800odd for a new one!

Hi Chris
If you purchased the unit through Powertec or one of our dealers, then please email us at sales@powertec.com.au and we will look after you. It is extremely rare for Cel-Fi to become faulty.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

Alan

Sometimes the signal is severely attenuated by the structure of the house. Crimsafe, window tint, metal louvres, etc. If you get 2 bars standing on the roof it is very likely to work satisfactorily if you mount an antenna on the roof.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives