Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

Darryl
DarrylSydney

Excellent signal Cowan Creek area.

I installed the Cel-Fi Marine Pack unit on our 53 foot trawler. The antenna is about 6 metres above the water. I leave the unit set to “auto” and we are consistently getting 2 bars or more with Telstra. We tried it in bays where without the unit reception is almost nonexistent and we could make calls from all of them. As I write this we have 3 bars in Houseboat Bay. In Smith’s Creek and at Cottage Point (both usually terrible) we had good reception and made calls. Internet is much better, in fact I was able to run the Foxtel app on my phone as we cruised into the end of Smith’s Creek. My Wife and I are very happy with this unit.

rossyabroad
rossyabroadMaryborough

Not bad but beware of nonsense

Our business has owned about 10 units consisting of different models of cell-fi signal boosters over the years. For us the cell-fi go (stationary kit) has actually been by far the most consistent and best performing. I did note however a review in this section saying that supplier (I think most of us know who they are) claimed the reason a unit wasn't working was because of 5Ghz interference.

We were given this excuse as a reason for one of the earlier models we owned not working properly. We disproved this by turning off every other piece of transmitting equipment we had on the entire site! It made not difference at all! So if you are given this nonsense excuse as a way for them to fob you off - don't take it lying down!

Brian
BrianKaroonda

excellent product now i have service in house

Glad i purchased it

I recently purchased a Cel fi after years of trying other products which didn't work . Cel Fi was easy to set up reasonably priced i couldn't be happier thank you Cel fi your product is awesome

Andrew
AndrewNorth-West & West coast, TAS

better than nothing

When it works, which I admit is 90% of the time it is great, it gives a full 5 bars on my phone but it has a bad habit of just dropping out randomly.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

HI Andrew, please give our Powertec support department a call and we can try to assist with any drop outs you are experiencing.

Great when you work in a fridge

Our office is in a shed and surrounded by cool rooms, the Cel-Fi lifted the signal strength in the whole office so that all our staff can now take mobile calls in their offices at their desks rather standing in the reception area, which was the only place we got coverage previously.
Great idea - I thought it was a bit pricey when we first looked at it but now its in, it is money well spent.

Lenore
LenoreKalbarri

Reliable

Our Cel-fi, connected to a Yagi antenna is providing us with 3- 5 bars after almost no reception with only one bar on the best days.

Di K
Di KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Yahoo have phone service

Having moved from the Gold Coast to Glenwood where coverage is sometimes none existent, we now have 3 to 4 bars. We are currently building a house, but living in a caravan, if the builder cannot contact you! Who knows what your house would look like!!

Works well

Just moved to bushy area with very weak signal. With a home business, mobile reception is crucial. I was a little sceptical but the Cel-fi has definately improved the signal immensely. Still not perfect but going from no signal or one bar to three or four bars is a great improvement. Well worth the money.v

Nina

Great for phone not internet

We bought this mostly to boost our internet signal as we were told it would boost it quite a bit. We are disappointed that it did not boost it more. Our internet has gone from terrible to pretty bad so its a step up and a slight improvement. We still cant download a movie etc. We live in the country and cant get NBN. In saying that, if you are buying it to improve your mobile phone coverage- it is great for that!

Nina

Yes, we do have the extra antenna- the Yagi stick.

Brad R
Brad RPiara Waters

Great idea, a little poor on the follow through.

Was provided one of these by Optus as we live in a new development with marginal coverage (No Telstra or VF at all!), does it's job, makes calls able to be made from inside wheras before they couldn't but Iphone 6 only ever got to 3 bars in most rooms in a 4 by 2 house unless you sat in front of the coverage unit. Very prone to crashing, we were having to reboot every second day which became tiresome. Handing it back to Optus and getting a Homezone now we have a home internet sorted.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Brad, sorry to hear you had some troubles. We can usually help with these setup issues. Before you send the unit back can you call our support department on 07 5577 0500

Good but not great

Have had cel fi now for over 6 months. We were having all sorts of problems with slow connection and drop outs, we are 20ks from a city in a rural setting, so only wi-fi (go figure!) The internet service is now a lot faster, we have the smaller receiver set up in our office. Once we go out of the office only a few meters the signal drops back to what it used to be. When making enquiries regarding this product, we even had Telstra install, they said we would receive good coverage throughout the house. I am great full for small but expensive mercies, as we run a business from here.

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Hi Carol. any chance you could give our office a call on 07 5577 0500 and ask for Paul. It does not sound right the signal is dropping off only after a few metres. We should be able to optimise your setup so it has a better coverage area.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

Alan

Sometimes the signal is severely attenuated by the structure of the house. Crimsafe, window tint, metal louvres, etc. If you get 2 bars standing on the roof it is very likely to work satisfactorily if you mount an antenna on the roof.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives