Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Ron J.Sydney, NSW

Five bars in our entire house

We have a holiday house in a remote location of the south coast of NSW. We had very poor phone reception inside our house and had to stand in one position in the backyard to get two bars on our phone. I installed the Cel-Fi booster myself and now have five bars inside our entire house. Well worth the cost and easy to install if you have basic handyman skills.

Purchased in June 2019.

Game changer

I was a little nervous when I saw some mixed reviews on the CelFi. I used to have 1 to 2 bars of 4G or 3G and it varies on time of day and conditions - very difficult to use or make a call with. Since setting up the stationary CelFi unit, it has absolutely changed my life in rural NSW. I now have full 4G all the time with data speeds of 25mbps down and 18mbps up. Good enough for all sorts of steaming and Zooming. Very very happy customer.

Purchased in October 2021 for $1,200.00.

Wished I’d got it sooner

Had this product installed professionally and it’s brilliant, from only having one bar of service to now full service, the technician spent ages making sure it was in the perfect location for max results, highly recommended

Sam. L
Sam. LFar North Queensland, QLD

Useless

Save your money, simply does not boost signal. Cel-fi and Telstra support non existent. Been sending emails and phoning for over ten months now. They promise the world and nothing is followed up.

Purchased at Telstra Stores.

Jay
JayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product if you know how to use it…

This product when used needs a good understanding. If you just plug in antennae’s and turn on you will never get your money’s worth.
Make sure you use quality antennae’s the right coax and understand the antennae fed back issues…I recommend using the Bluetooth app and read the instructions well. Reset your phone’s network locking, by just going into airplane mode and back again. I really like my cel fi go. A great product.

Purchased in April 2021 at Ebay for $845.00.

Augustus G.
Augustus G.

works perfectly

easy to install & do it yourself system. its not hard just ensure you have separation between all antenna and base modulator. use the app and bluetooth into. works perfectly. pretty much zero bars to 5 on sunshine coast

Purchased in July 2021 for $1,000.00.

AN U.
AN U.South East Queensland, QLD

Needs to be installed correctly

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,234.00.

bob
bobNorthern Region, NSW

Thought I had bought a lemon! Stay away from POWERTEC!

Purchased in February 2021.

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

Jason
JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Info from a Professional Installer

The fact of the matter is a lot of people buys these CelFi Units and install them selves. if you don’t understand how RF works Antenna separation ect. You will never get them to work properly, I have installed many of these devices and the customer has always been happy with the result and I as well. So do your self a favour get a qualified installer to take care of the job for you, and if you have had it installed by professional installer and it’s not working satisfactory go back and demand it to be rectified.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

Travelling in our van and works can fantastic.

So simple and works. Plugged in aeriels, downloaded Wave app to Reno Oppo and S10. Registered device, synced phones, got 5 bars.
Great product, highly recommend to increase signal.
We wifi to Telstra TV box from phones and hasn't missed a beat. Only have the mini aerial atm.

Purchased in February 2020 for $720.00.

SteveD
SteveDasked

Hi I’m looking at purchasing a cel-fi go unit and wan to use it in my Ute and when I am stopped transfer it to the caravan, I will have two aerials one on Ute and one on caravan, and just transfer main unit. Is this possible?

Paul S.

Hi Steve I have the same issue and decided to permanently mount cel-fi unit in ute glove box and feed its output to a two way splitter, one output of the splitter goes to the ute's internal antenna while the other goes to the van's internal antenna via a quality low loss cable. All connectors, fittings and cables are available and it's a simple matter of connecting the 'extension' cable to the van's (antenna) input socket once you park your van.
This setup works for me, hope it helps.. Cheers, Paul

Bill And-Kerrie H.
Bill And-Kerrie H.asked

Hi. How can I tell how many devices are connected (if any) to the CEL-Fi. Is there a place in WAVE I can look for this!

Ron J.

I have never checked how many devices are connected. Possibly there is somewhere in the WAVE app where it states the number of devices connected. We are not at our holiday house so I can't check for you. Going down next week,bI will have a look.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan
Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Paul S.

Hi, I believe the stationary unit has a higher gain (100dB?).
Also I was told the mobile unit has a faster switching speed from cell to cell in order to minimize signal dropouts.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives