Cel-Fi (page 3 of 5)

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Nathan S
Nathan STambar Springs

Genius

We live in rural NSW and have terrible mobile phone/internet reception, we bought this with the hope of going to mobile broadband internet as our satellite modem died and is around $1000 to replace. Great little unit, we've gone from only having reception whilst sitting on the kitchen bench by the window to a solid 5 bars right through the house and internet on our phones. Thankyou to the genius who came up with this machine, its not a cheap little thing but what price do you put on your sanity with constant dropouts?

Gail FLeithfield Beach

Could be a life saver!

When you live out of town in a small seaside community, this could literally be a lifesaver. Certainly has reduced my stress levels. From 1 bar at beast to 4 bars OMG!

Gail F

Have not reviewed this as yet because have not received it! come on guys, mail your s... as soon as you get an order - not hard

David
DavidMarom Creek

Not a chance without it

With Cel-Fi from 1 bar to 5 bars on mobile. Incredible! No internet to full fast service. AMAZING! Now my daughter has no excuse for doing her homework for HSC. Sorry darling.

Awesome it really works

I had no signal in house at all . Out side in a particular spot I had one bar I was able to send a text very seldom make phone call. I have installed cel-fi and know I can make calls and go online worth every cent it cost.

Nik
NikNorthern Region, NSW

wham bam thank you ma'am

Great Product. Even somelone like me who breaks everything can install

We sat in a Telstra pocket of limited coverage. This product has dealt with the product, and allows my kids and wife to make the calls in the house, rather than on the street. I would highly recommend.

Jim
JimKergunyah

Not cheap but effective

Paul B.Cel-Fi

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Gone from 0-1 bars to stable 4-5 bars, extremely happy!

Happy wife, happy .......!!!

I live in grays point , a suburb south of Sydney which borders on the national park. For six years, I have had good internet but no phone reception unless I venture to a certain spot in my backyard
That was, until now.
The Cel-Fi system was so easy to install and we now enjoy(at worst) 3 bars of reception on our mobiles with Optus as the carrier.
To add to my applause, the service that Cel-Fi provided was second to none.
Highly recommended, cannot fault.

John M
John M

Having to contact the manufacturers again.

Have had this just over a year on 3G Optus band with iPhones. Despite a constant transmitter signal of 5 bars ( maximum ), and a receiver signal of a constant 7 (out of 9) phones never get more than 2 bars, mobile to mobile calls keep crashing, sometimes phones get no signal at all. It's all very unpredictable. Extremely disappointed especially at the cost of $800. New Optus G4 signal in the area is better in our apartment than the Cel Fi boosted 3G !! To top it off, transmitter unit in my office keeps "clicking" and drives me crazy.

Chris
ChrisWoodend

Works great, but only lasts a few months after the warranty period expires

Had these for use on Telstra. 3G Great for boosting mobile signal inside the home. Mobile data a bit slower, but still OK for most. There is a 2 year vendor warranty on these things. Pity mine lasted until a month after the warranty period had expired, meaning another $800odd for a new one!

Hi Chris
If you purchased the unit through Powertec or one of our dealers, then please email us at sales@powertec.com.au and we will look after you. It is extremely rare for Cel-Fi to become faulty.

Gregor B
Gregor BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Proper Set Up

Setting up a Cel-Fi involves a little bit of black art.

Because the units must receive and transmit at the same time on the same mobile frequency, keeping the units as far apart (radio wise) is important. Unfortunately, because the units talk to each other via WiFi, they need a good radio path between them to operate. Certainly, use of an external yagi improves this isolation because you are no longer using the internal antennas and it can be advantageous to use one, even where the window signal level is adequate, particularly when the units must be placed fairly close together.

Steohen S
Steohen SMelbourne, Victoria

Mobile phone reception in the home at last!

Thomas
ThomasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick Fix for Good for Mobile Coverage Problem for Melbourne City

I used to have coverage problems at my apartment in West Melbourne as I on ground floor. Thanks to Cel-Fi now I have full Telstra 3G service. I had this product for about 5-6 Months Now and I love it. Can't live without it easy to install well I did have to use an Window antenna attach to my glass baloney to feed the mobile signal from outside of my baloney. I would recommend this to everyone from metro to rural areas out there.
Mostly Reliable, Easy to Install Plug & Play
No 4G at least it does the job.

Amanda pacher
Amanda pacherSydney

Cel-Fi from Telstra Business Centre Bella Vista

I live in a regional area and the Cel-fi device has really assisted me with working from home, boosting both my inside mobile signal and my wireless device. I would reccommend this device to anyone that requires more consistent coverage inside your home or or office. The cost of missing calls far outweighs the cost of the device.
Extra coverage

What a relief !!

Michael
MichaelBerima

Best investment ever.

This Telstra celfi unit has so many benefits for people in poor reception areas it not only boosts your one bar reception to 5 bars in 5 minuets it also gives you good data speeds and faultless voice phone calls i cant say anything bad this product well done celfi..
Easy set up and it actually works

This device has changed our lives, I don't know how we lived without it

Before the Nextivity Cel-Fi Telstra Repeater we used to walk 70 Metres from our home to the Dam bank just to make or receive a Mobile phone call. Now we have reception around the house. We are now connect to the world more than ever. It has changed our lives. Thanks to Dorigo Consulting for installing the unit.
Convenient, Easy to install.

Great device

Device is very quick and easy to set up. Ended up getting full bars where I previously had none, which increased my battery life significantly. Surprisingly data seems to work well as well.
The range seems to be limited, but it covers the area we need it to work for.
Quick and easy set up
Price is a bit steep for domestic use

Awesome Product!

Lost so much business when I upgraded from iPhone 4S to the new iPhone 5S only to discover that in my workshop I had no coverage. Spoke to Jon at Pocketphone in Welshpool and he recommended the Cel-Fi repeater, it is like having my own phone tower inside my shed!
Fantastic product and amazing service from the Pocketphone team
reliable and worked seemlessly with no need for technological knowledge to install!

Mining 3G Extention Solution That Works!

We were recommended by the team at DiverseIT the Cel-Fi product for our mining camp 3G phone extender requirements. We were only receiving 1 bar of coverage when we stood in a specific area on our mine camp accommodation area, after the installation of the Cel-Fi product we are now getting improved signal strength plus we now can receive calls while in our accommodation rooms and recreation areas.
This simple but cost effective solution has given all of the teams great mobile phone overage to keep in touch at all times with our families while working remotely.
Simple to install and very inexpensive solution!

Cel-Fi lets me make calls

I got my Cel-Fi from Telaustralia for my Telstra mobile Reception for our farm near Mansfield in theVictoria. We can now make calls which was almost impossible before. We always got 1 or no bars but now get 3-4 bars all the time so we can keep in touch with our business.
Easy to use
Nothing wrong at all …may be a bit pricey

Makes life easy!

We live in a terrible "dead-spot" for mobile reception and relied upon car-kits installed in the house for our mobiles to be of any use. We installed Cel-Fi repeaters in our house and office and can now do away with the car-kits. Awesome product that we have been recommending to our friends in the same situation!!
Simple to set-up
Sometimes drops out and requires resetting

At last I have mobile coverage in my house

This is a product that can be legally used on the telstra mobile network. I now have mobile coverage in all parts of the house instaed of having to stand at the back fenceon a chair. I've been waiting for a product like this for years. It Is Magnificent Alan
It works and gives me mobile signal throughout the house

finally got money for value on my mobile plan !!!

What an awesome product we have now purchased three Cel-Fi mobile repeaters and have reccomended them to several people who have since gotten one!! Very simple to set-up and use. We did have to get and adapter from the city to connect to our external Yagi aerial, but unless the power goes out it's just great.
being able to get mobile service all the time is awesome i now actually get my money worth from my mobile plan and can have wireless boradband