Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Wished I’d got it sooner

Had this product installed professionally and it’s brilliant, from only having one bar of service to now full service, the technician spent ages making sure it was in the perfect location for max results, highly recommended

Sam. L
Sam. LFar North Queensland, QLD

Useless

Save your money, simply does not boost signal. Cel-fi and Telstra support non existent. Been sending emails and phoning for over ten months now. They promise the world and nothing is followed up.

Purchased at Telstra Stores.

Augustus G.
Augustus G.

works perfectly

easy to install & do it yourself system. its not hard just ensure you have separation between all antenna and base modulator. use the app and bluetooth into. works perfectly. pretty much zero bars to 5 on sunshine coast

Purchased in July 2021 for $1,000.00.

AN U.
AN U.South East Queensland, QLD

Needs to be installed correctly

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,234.00.

bob
bobNorthern Region, NSW

Thought I had bought a lemon! Stay away from POWERTEC!

Purchased in February 2021.

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

Jason
JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Info from a Professional Installer

The fact of the matter is a lot of people buys these CelFi Units and install them selves. if you don’t understand how RF works Antenna separation ect. You will never get them to work properly, I have installed many of these devices and the customer has always been happy with the result and I as well. So do your self a favour get a qualified installer to take care of the job for you, and if you have had it installed by professional installer and it’s not working satisfactory go back and demand it to be rectified.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

Travelling in our van and works can fantastic.

So simple and works. Plugged in aeriels, downloaded Wave app to Reno Oppo and S10. Registered device, synced phones, got 5 bars.
Great product, highly recommend to increase signal.
We wifi to Telstra TV box from phones and hasn't missed a beat. Only have the mini aerial atm.

Purchased in February 2020 for $720.00.

Find out how Cel-Fi compares to other Electronics

At last my other devices get signal from my phone

Purchased in January 2020 at Telstra Centro Gympie for $816.00.

SJK
SJKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

I have two units in a house in Brisbane. Both have ceased to work. I have no mobile phone service without them. Replacement cost over $1,000 each. I would have believed that these units would have a longer life.

Tony
TonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Well how about that

I bought a Cel-Fi Telstra fitted to a 2016 Falcon and my phone is a Samsung Note 8.
I had a major project that required a lot of discussion. I was in Toowoomba and was travelling to Caboolture for a function. I departed Toowoomba tracking north through Highfields to Hampton, turned right across the range to Esk turned left and tracked to just north of Toogoolowah then right on the back road around Somerset to Kilcoy then over the hills down to Caboolture.
I held one conversation the entire way and did not drop out once.
Holy snapping duck poop Batperson.....
These things are just bloody brilliant. Sort of like the good old days when you could attach an external antenna to your Nokia but you don't have to plug it in.

Purchased in March 2019 for $995.00.

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay
Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

Alan

Sometimes the signal is severely attenuated by the structure of the house. Crimsafe, window tint, metal louvres, etc. If you get 2 bars standing on the roof it is very likely to work satisfactorily if you mount an antenna on the roof.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives