Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

Wished I’d got it sooner

Had this product installed professionally and it’s brilliant, from only having one bar of service to now full service, the technician spent ages making sure it was in the perfect location for max results, highly recommended

Augustus G.
Augustus G.

works perfectly

easy to install & do it yourself system. its not hard just ensure you have separation between all antenna and base modulator. use the app and bluetooth into. works perfectly. pretty much zero bars to 5 on sunshine coast

Purchased in July 2021 for $1,000.00.

AN U.
AN U.South East Queensland, QLD

Needs to be installed correctly

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,234.00.

bob
bobNorthern Region, NSW

Thought I had bought a lemon! Stay away from POWERTEC!

Purchased in February 2021.

Jason
JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Info from a Professional Installer

The fact of the matter is a lot of people buys these CelFi Units and install them selves. if you don’t understand how RF works Antenna separation ect. You will never get them to work properly, I have installed many of these devices and the customer has always been happy with the result and I as well. So do your self a favour get a qualified installer to take care of the job for you, and if you have had it installed by professional installer and it’s not working satisfactory go back and demand it to be rectified.

Quinny
QuinnyVictoria

Not what I expected!

Heard I lot about the Cel-Fi Go, and turned out to be disappointed. I had issues from the beginning. I bought the unit from my local Telstra shop in Warrnambool, no backup support once I walked out the door. I had it professionally fitted, but unit failed to deliver!
Turns out, because I have an iPhone X it needs to be dumbed down to 3G to work effectively. Leaves you bewildered to think why they have an ‘auto’ setting in the unit? Leaving me to switch from a 4G setting to a 3G setting on my phone when getting in and out of the car. In this day and age, it seems unthinkable to experience backward software, that can’t determine the most appropriate signal.

Purchased in November 2020 for $950.00.

Works great but NOT when you need it

Purchased in November 2018 at Powertec for $1,100.00.

Travelling in our van and works can fantastic.

So simple and works. Plugged in aeriels, downloaded Wave app to Reno Oppo and S10. Registered device, synced phones, got 5 bars.
Great product, highly recommend to increase signal.
We wifi to Telstra TV box from phones and hasn't missed a beat. Only have the mini aerial atm.

Purchased in February 2020 for $720.00.

At last my other devices get signal from my phone

Purchased in January 2020 at Telstra Centro Gympie for $816.00.

T Brown
T BrownMid North Coast, NSW

Average, useful when it works.

Installed Telstra celfi and external aerial probably 1 or 2 years ago. Experienced drop outs straight away after installation. Complained to the distributor within the first week and was told nothing was wrong. Had probably 10 drops outs today alone. Works sometimes. Better than nothing but very frustrating.

Purchased at Fetter comunication for $1,500.00.

Tony
TonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Well how about that

I bought a Cel-Fi Telstra fitted to a 2016 Falcon and my phone is a Samsung Note 8.
I had a major project that required a lot of discussion. I was in Toowoomba and was travelling to Caboolture for a function. I departed Toowoomba tracking north through Highfields to Hampton, turned right across the range to Esk turned left and tracked to just north of Toogoolowah then right on the back road around Somerset to Kilcoy then over the hills down to Caboolture.
I held one conversation the entire way and did not drop out once.
Holy snapping duck poop Batperson.....
These things are just bloody brilliant. Sort of like the good old days when you could attach an external antenna to your Nokia but you don't have to plug it in.

Purchased in March 2019 for $995.00.

Frankie93
Frankie93Perth, WA

We Can Now Use Our Mobiles at Home

Purchased in February 2019.

Colin
ColinWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great little unit

MarkP
MarkPBoronia

Works as advertised.

Installed a Cell-Fi Go Marine kit today at lake Eildon. Worked as advertised from 1 bar to 4 bars on IPhone X on 4G. Very Happy with the system along with the boats parked next to me who also now have cell service.

Big Kev
Big KevMelbourne

Life saver in remote areas

I have the mobile version fitted to my Landcruiser, truckers edge antenna on the roof with a folding mount and the cel-fi unit under my drivers seat. In areas where the signal strength wavers between nothing and one bar I am getting 3 to 4 bars on my iPhone. I go from virtually no ability to use the internet to browsing and uploading videos of my trip to the WA goldfields.
If there is no signal at all don’t expect miracles.. 10 x nothing is nothing, but if you have even a hint of a signal this unit rocks. All my travel companions gather round my cruiser at the camp site. :)

Ben M.
Ben M.asked

Stationary and mobile cel fi , are they both the same and can be used either way ,?

Alan

The Mobile unit will only boost when the signal strength from the antenna drops below a usable limit which I think is about -95dBm. It will allow you to travel around without needing re-registration which would happen if you try using a stationary model in a car.

Evan
Evanasked

My Cel fi system is in a house in a remote area in Australia. It has been used in this area successfully for sometime now with nil issues but I was required to relocate it in the same house. Since then we will have full signal for a couple hours then all of a sudden it will drop out completely only to be fully restored hours later ( up to 12hrs). We have relocated it back to the original location with the exact same result. I have reset it etc but no change, any ideas?
Thanks heaps

Jay
Jay

We use Cel Fi go out bush with 18db yaggie doner antenna up to 120km from Telstra towers… Yes we also get dropouts during the day. I’m no RF engineer but because these units only need a sniff of signal, I put the dropouts for hours on end down to atmospheric conditions, humidity and cloud cover… Do you use a direction antenna ?

Alan

If it needs re-registration it will work for 15minutes after a reboot and then will stop boosting and the LED will flash red. Download Celfi Wave app - reboot Celfi - run the app - it will open on the registration page. Enter your name and address and submit. This happens when the Celfi thinks it has been moved to a new address.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

Alan

Sometimes the signal is severely attenuated by the structure of the house. Crimsafe, window tint, metal louvres, etc. If you get 2 bars standing on the roof it is very likely to work satisfactorily if you mount an antenna on the roof.

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives