Centurion Garage Doors

Centurion Garage Doors Questions & Answers (page 2 of 16)

307 questions from our users

Joseph D

Joseph Dasked

I have a centurion garage door but I need to by a new remote control, where can I buy this from ?

Good Morning Joseph,
You can purchase new remotes on line from our web shop. They are also available over the counter in our Wangara show room. I hope that this helps. https://www.cgdoors.com.au/our-range/remotes-openers/remotes-accessories/

Richard

Richardasked

I have a double garage door with a Avanti motor, it is several years old and has always worked well
Lately I have noticed the door does not open completely, it sits back a approx 200 to 300 mm, but it still opens and closes otherwise
Can you advise what the problem may be
Regards
Richard

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good afternoon Richard, when is the last time you had your door serviced? It sounds like it could be a cable issue. Could you please call us on 9302 7500 and speak with our friendly maintenance team.

Charlie

Charlieasked

When will the wifi be available? so I can use my phone to open the garage!

Good Morning Charlie,
This is now available. Please contact our office on 9302 7500 for more information or email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au with your address and phone number and I will ensure that our sales rep gets in contact with you.

Esther

Estherasked

Hi,

Bought over this house with an Avanti garage door motor. Works fine for about 1 year but suddenly it stopped working with a clicking sound whenever an attempt is made to open the door but nothing happens. The green LED in the motor flashes whenever that happens. Pressing open again will make another clicking sound with the LED flashing again. This happened once and somehow it corrected itself and worked again for a few months and then this happened again and so far been about 1 day it has not worked since. Is this an issue with the motor or is there some settings that went wrong? There were no power failures or anything like that. Please assist.

I do not have the model number, but this is how the motor looks like

Good afternoon Esther,
We strongly advise that you service the garage door annually. Please could you call our offices on 9302 7501 and we can schedule a technician to assess.

Colin B Kirkwood

Colin B Kirkwoodasked

Hi Brenda
I have a problem with my 5 remotes on two doors.
All batteries are good in remotes and key pads but still no joy.
I have reset to the factory settings as per your previous post but still no joy.
Any ideas??
Colin

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good Morning Colin, could you please email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au with your address and contact details. It sounds like we may need to schedule a technician out to assess.

JL R.

JL R.asked

Hi, my garage was working fine and now after opening it, it's constantly beeping every 5 seconds and the LED goes green then will change to red when it beeps and momentarily go back to green.. the garage remotes don't seem to be working although after turning the AGDO off at the wall and back on the remotes will work briefly. Beeping stops after a while for about 20-30 seconds before starting again every 5 seconds

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good afternoon, could you please email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au with your address so we can check on the type and model of the opener that was installed. Once we know this we will be able to assist your further.

C Steynasked

Hi
I have a Centurion RDO roll-up door opener.
It will not open (or close) the door.
As soon as I connect the power it will go in learn mode with the courtesy light and learn light going on and off - it will go on and off for days and it seems that it cannot get past this learn operation - the Run button on the PC board as well as the remotes or open button, has no effect.
I took the PC board in to Lynwood Centurion dealers where they tested the board and said it is working properly - It was also put in manual mode with dip switch one, but when I returned and installed it again, the problem is still there. Please help?
I also checked the limit switches - it is still in position and does not move, and the wiring also looks intact.

I hope you can give me some pointers where to look next.

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good Afternoon, could you please email me bknox@cgdoors.com.au your address and contact details so I can look into this further and respond accordingly.

C Steyn

I am in Pretoria, South Africa. - would you be able to help me here?

Marj

Marjasked

I have a Centurion SDO-10 and several times now it has opened on its own. Twice when both cars were locked in the garage with remote In each vehicle. And have arrived home twice In one car to find it open. Remotes at all times have been in both vehicles.

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good afternoon Marj, thank you for your enquiry. I would in the first instance suggest you try to replace the battery in your wall remote. If this doesn't rectify the problem please contact our maintenance department on 9302 7500 and we can send out a technician to assess.

Oupa Mogale
Oupa Mogale

Hi, ive just bought a new centurion rdo2. it is well installed and the power is going through, but it keeps on flashing the outer white beam and the garage door is not opening or closing. When i disengage the door to manual. it runs smoothly. What might be the problem, please help me, i even decide to take the motor back. Its a roller door garage

Good morning Oupa,
We do not sell RDO2's. Could you please tell me where you are enquiring from?

Roy G

Roy Gasked

Hi
My centrion motor is working, making a noise, but the chain is not moving. Sounds like the gear cogs may not be engauging. Can new cogs be purchased / installed if damaged?

Roy
Perth

Good afternoon Roy,
I think it would be best if you contact our service department on 9302 7500 and we can schedule one of our service technicians to assess.

Christopherasked

I have a RDO garage door opener 6 months old, of which the Courtesy Lamp flashes every second and does not operate when pressing the trigger except letting the courtesy light flash in very quick succession. Please advise?

Good Afternoon Christopher,
Could you please email me your contact number and address.

Christopher

Hi Brenda I am in South Africa, my contact number is (+27) 0722151054, email chrishawkins@mweb.co.za

Thank's for the reply, no response from our local agents.

Acacia

Acaciaasked

Hi, we’ve been in our house for 6 months now and every so often the garage door will stop closing properly and bounces at the bottom then comes back up, the motor shows an E6 error message.
It usually resolved itself within a few days or I restart the motor.
How can I prevent this from happening again?
Thanks,
Acacia

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Morning Acacia, could you please email me your address and a contact phone number. It sounds like your software will need updating. bknox@cgdoors.com.au

John T.

John T.asked

How do I change the code on the motor T12/MPS PH/DU When I press the remotes it opens the door over the road as well.

Good Morning John,
Please note that you and your neighbour would need to delete your codes and reset them. Please do this at different times from each other. This will rectify the issue but codes need to be reset for both different addresses.

Scott P.

Scott P.asked

My garage door has stopped working. It is showing an F6 error code?

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Good Morning Scott, could you please call our office on 9302 7500 so we can book a technician out to assess,

Gordon

Gordonasked

Hi I have an Avanti Sectional and Tilting Door Opener SDO-21 MPS. I would like to extend the aerial so that the door responds at the beginning of the driveway. I cannot find the aerial! as I was going to connect a single core wire to it and run it to the eave. How can I do this please?
Thanks Gordon
Gordon.g.gudgeon@gmail.com

Afternoon Gordon,
Please note I have sent you an email.

Chris B.
Chris B.

I have the same issue with an Avanti T-Series Opener. There is no external antenna/aerial. Is there anywhere you can connect one?

Chas K

Chas Kasked

Hello,
We have a Avanti t series door opener, the door caught a bumber and stopped. When in LL mode and we press the remote the door doesn't move and then displays a E9 code then returns to the LL mode.
Any suggestions?

Good morning Chas,
I think I may have spoken with your this morning. We will be working with your real estate agent to rectify this issue. If you have any further issues please contact our service department on 9302 7500.

Scott

Scottasked

My garage door with a stodard group motor has stopped and won’t move. Has an LL then an e9 code. Have only been in house 4 weeks.

Good Morning Scott,
Could you please email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au with your address and contact number please.

steven m.

steven m.asked

centurion garage door sdo-21 makes beeps three times when pressing remote but does not open or close. Any help?

Good Morning Steven,
Could you please email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au. We do have some instructions that we can send you.

Karabo

Karaboasked

Good day, my sdo4 garage motor cant relearn limits. All goes well but then whenit starts the learning process it closses and then stops and led light blinks and there is LB on the display. I cant find what LB means on the manual. Any help?

Good morning Karabo,
Would you be able to email a photo of the error code to me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au

Suvir N.
Suvir N.

Hi
Did you manage to solve this problem? My motor is doing the exact same thing. It won’t relearn limits.

Good Morning Suvir,
I have contacted you via email. Please note that it is important to let the door do a full cycle to learn the limits.

Naquariasked

Am using centurion SD04 garage door motor, when I press the remote the door open fully but when it closing it stop about 5 inches and it's generate when closing. Any help?

Good Morning,
Could you please follow these instruction to reset the limits on your door:-
- Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener
- The hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully the close again (on it's own)
- When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
- Door will now work as normal.
If the issue continues please contact our service department on 9302 7500.

Shannon F.asked

LED light continually coming on and off but door not moving. Or only moves a centimeter and stops. Any ideas?

Good Morning Shannon,
Please could you follow these instructions to reset your limits:-
- Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
- Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
- When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
- Door will now work as normal.
If the issue continues we would recommend contacting us on 9302 7500 and we will schedule a technician.

Shannon F.

I have followed the above instructions and the door can now open and close fully but the LED light is still coming on and off during the moving of the door and after it has stopped. So the motor will eventually burn out so I just disconnect it. Please advise on what to do?

Morning Shannon,
Could you please run through a factory reset as follows:-
1. Open door all the way.
2. Turn opener off at the power.
3. As you turn the power back on, briefly hold the RED learn button in (approximately 5 seconds) then release.
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the White light on base of opener, which will be flashing.
5. Door will close, then open, then close all by itself. Let it do this.
On last close of the door factory re-set is complete and door will function as it should.

If you are still experiencing issues with your door could you please contact our office on 9302 7500 so we can schedule a technician to assess.

Get an answer from our members and Centurion Garage Doors representatives