Centurion Garage Doors

Centurion Garage Doors Questions & Answers (page 2 of 14)

275 questions from our users

Josh Goodwin

Josh Goodwinasked

My garage door opened using the remote but now none of the key ring remotes or wall control works. How can I fix it?

Good Afternoon Josh,
It sounds like your remotes might need to be recoded. Please email me at bknox@cenbp.com.au and I will email you the recoding instructions.

Ash

Ashasked

hi
My garage door motor makes sound but it can not move the belt to open the door. It tries to move it as the belt moves couple of centimetres then it stops. Motor still makes noise. Can you tell me what is wrong with it.

Good Morning Ash,
This may be due to a number of issues. Could you please call Tania in our service department on 9302 7500 and she may be able to help you over the phone.

Hendrick C.
Hendrick C.

Hi
I've got the same problem as Ash can you please help

Morning Hendrick,
Could you please call Tania in our service department on 9302 7500 and she may be able to assist you over the phone.

Dom

Domasked

I have a centurion door 2 motor system.
My roller door doesn't respond to the stop mechanism. So if the door is opened it stays open. And when it closes it closes tight.
The only way l can open/close the door is to use the manual release mechanism, push the door to the half way, engage the door and use the remote again. The roller door doesnt identify the red stoppers, any more.?
Any suggestions on how to fix this situation?

Good Morning Dom,
This sounds like it could be a logic board issue. Could you please call our office to schedule a technician to assess and rectify - 9302 9500.

Eugene N.

Eugene N.asked

I have the e9 error code and have replaced the 15 amp blade fuse, but i'm still getting the e9 error message. Any idea what else it could be from?

Good Morning Eugene,
You could try running a factory re-set as follows:-
1. Open door all the way.
2. Turn opener off at the power.
3. As you turn the power back on, briefly hold the RED learn button in (approximately 5 seconds) then release.
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the White light on base of opener, which will be flashing.
5. Door will close, then open, then close all by itself. Let it do this.
On last close of the door factory re-set is complete and door will function as it should.
If this does not work we will need to schedule a technician to come to site to assess. Please call on 9302 7500 to schedule a technician.

Jordan L.asked

Hi,

My rental has a Centurion Sectional Door with an Avanti SDO-21 MPS Opener.

Yesterday the door has stopped opening, but still closed like normal after manually opening it. Is there anything I should do before contacting my Property Manager?

Kind Regards,
Jordan Long.

Good morning Jordan,
You could try resetting the limits as follows:-
Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
Door will now work as normal.
Please advise if this has not worked for you.

Hi Brenda,

I have attempted what you said, but the door won't open at all after closing.

When I press the black "run" button on the opener or use wall transmitter, the LED flashes constantly with a single click sound, but nothing happens.

Kind Regards,
Jordan Long

Hi Jordan,
Could you please ring our offices so we can send out a technician to assess - 9302 7500.

Makhado J.

Makhado J.asked

Door can't close properly. Any help?

Good Afternoon,
Please call our service department on 9302 7500 and we will try to assist you over the phone.

Vinaye H.

Vinaye H.asked

Hi my garage door is closing half way through. What should I do please.
Vinaye

Good Afternoon Vinaye,
Please try to run through a reset programme as follows:-
- Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
- Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- Then press remote or light. Door will close then open fully then close again (on it’s own).
- When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
- Door will now work as normal.

Campbell R.asked

Gday. We have been without power for 10 days due to bushfires passing through.
The Avanti SDO-21 MPS (T12/MPS) on the double garage
door has returns to normal service.
The Avanti SDO-21 MPS (T12/MPS) on the single garage door will only open the door and not close it.
It moved freely in manual mode, and its the same for the wall control, remote control and direct controls. It just double clicks and sometimes lurch forwards.
Campbell.

Good Afternoon,
You could try to reset the limits on the door. Please follow these instructions:-

- Open door slightly with remote or led light on opener.
- Then hold the red learn button until the display changes to L.L
- When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
- Door will now work as normal.

Campbell R.

I’m afraid this does not work.
The Learn LED flashes, but again, even with the door in the set position as you describe will only omen. It will not close. Any further ideas??????

Good Morning,
I suggest contacting our office and booking a service technician to attend to assess problem and complete full service on your door. Please contact our office on 9302 7577 to schedule an appointment.

clintwright82

clintwright82asked

Good day. I am busy with the setup up of my roller door(centurion system). The garage door rolls up no problem but when i try closing it just stops and the red light flickers? Thought maybe theres too much tension or too little tension on the tensioning spring on the shaft? Any ideas?

Good Morning Clint,
If you run the door manually by hand it will tell you if the tension is correct.
Generally if over tensioned once you lift it, the door will want to get away from you and open by itself. If under tensioned it will fall back to the ground from half way open. If the door runs free and is balanced you may then have an opener issue. In this case it would be best to contact our office on 9302 7500 and schedule a service.

Richard M.

Richard M.asked

Is there an easy way to re-learn the Door Limits on an SDO4, i.e. without having to disconnect the battery, after using the door in manual it can leave a 3" gap in the door close position, hence it is a pain to have to unscrew the battery cover and disconnect the battery to do a factory reset

Good Morning Richard,
You can follow these steps to complete a factory reset:-
2. Turn opener off at the power
4. Opener display will scroll through a few different codes. When it settles on LL please press the white light on
5. Door will close, then open, the close again by itself.

On the last close of the door factory re-set is complete and the door will function as it should. If you are still experiencing issues please contact our office to schedule a technician out to assess.

James R.
James R.

Had the same issue tonight. Thanks for the reset steps.

Ebrahim A.

Ebrahim A.asked

Hi there

My door opens via remote, and then the light continues flashing, with a continual clicking sound on the control box. Pressing the red override switch or depressing it for a few seconds causes the light to continue flashing faster. The door does not close with either the manual switch nor the remote.

After a few minutes, pressing the manual switch for a few seconds or the remote causes the door to close.

Please assist?

Good Morning Ebrahim,

Dally C.asked

Hi, My garage door won't fully close. It will go down full to the ground but will automatically go up again and stop midway, around half meter high. It started when we accidentally close it with the car obstructing the door. We fixed car parking but now this garage door opening/closing problem. Please help, thanks in advance.

Good Morning Dally,

Dally C.

Hi Brenda, Thanks for your quick response and support, very much appreciated. Cheers.

Ben

Benasked

I have installed a centurion door lock which has been working very well over the years. I wanted to change the security code however i'v misplaced the manual. Please could you kindly send me a copy of the manual?

Good Morning Ben,
Are you describing a locking mechanism on the door or a wireless key pad? Please confirm.

rupak s.

rupak s.asked

Hi Centurion, I have a centurion garage door with avanti motor. My garage door suddenly stopped working. There is no power in the motor. I checked the outlet and the outlets are still supplying power.

Good morning Rupak,
There are a number of reasons this could happen. Could you please check the fuse to see if it has blown? It may be your trip switch could you please check this too? Is there anything displaying on the back of your motor which may have an error code? If it is none of the above I would you suggest you call our service department and we can book a technician to come out and assess the problem, please call 9302 7500.

Phil

Philasked

An Avanti MPS 12 has a continually flashing green led. The door is functioning without apparent fault excepting the led. I've tried the reprogram (learn) process with two separate remotes - this tends to stop the led flashing.....until the door is operated, then the flashing reoccurs. Can someone assist?

Good Afternoon Phil,
This may be an indication that your door has become too heavy for the opener. This can occur when a service is overdue. Please call our offices on 9302 7500 to book a service or email me at bknox@cgdoors.com.au and I can email you the Avanti manual and trouble shooting guide.

Aaron B.asked

Hi I need to change the light globe for my Centurion DPS 12, which one should I get?

Aaron B.

I actually have the globe, but when I try to install it, it doesnt seem to go deep enough to twist and hold in. What should I do in this case?

Good Morning Aaron,
The globe that you need to install needs to be either a Narva brand globe part number 47339 if there is a single contact or a Narva 47333 if there is a double contact. These globes are not expensive and are available at all auto shops.
Hope this helps.

Troy J.asked

Hi there my garage door will not come off L.L after doing the steps to reset it after it wouldnt close properly

Good Afternoon Troy,

Troy J.

Hi there it still wont come off L.L and flashing even when I unplug it. The light will stop flashing but I can still open and close the door like its hard wired or has a battery

Centurion G.Centurion Garage Doors

Hi Troy, the best would be for your to book a technician to come out and access. Please call us on 9302 7500 and we can schedule a technician for you.

Brian S.asked

I have Centurion sectional door and the light on the motor does not automatically go out.

Afternoon Brian,
The light should switch off automatically after approximately 3 minutes. Have you replaced the globe lately? It may be that you used the incorrect globe. If not we may need to attend to assess. Please call our office on 9302 7500 so we can schedule a technician to attend.

Brian S.

Yes I just moved in and the globe was blown. I replaced it with a led 240v edison screw. What globe should I use?

Good Morning Brian,
The globe required is an automotive globe (truck tail light) - Narva brand.

Single contact - part number 47339
Double contact - part number 47333

This globe can be purchased at most automotive stores like Repco and Supercheap.
Hope this helps.

Mooasked

Hi, I am having trouble opening my door by remote ( recently changed the battery, will open by run button) after the power went out . Tried to recode the remotes but the led light is blinking consistently, any suggestions are welcome

Good morning,
It sounds like the remote needs to be reset.
To do this please follow these simple instructions:-
1. Open the door slightly with remote , or the light on the opener
2. Hold the red learn button until the display changes to LL
3. Then press remote or light, The door will close then open fully then close again on its own.
4. When it has completed this it will go back to a display of (.)
5. Your door will now work as normal.

Please let me know if this was any help. Or you can call our service department on 9302 7500 and we will endeavour to help you over the phone.

Awesome thank you so much , that worked . Yay

Carla S.

Carla S.asked

Hi Centurion! I have an Avanti on our roller door and it only opens halfway then displays E6 error code. If we help keep pressure on the door, it goes up all the way and has no trouble coming back down. Hope you can help us fix the E6 error.

Good Morning Carla,
This means that your door is stuggling to open and is putting a strain on the motor. It could be that the tracks are too tight. We will need to send out a technician to assess the situation and rectify. Please contact our office on 9302 7500.

Get an answer from our members and Centurion Garage Doors representatives