Century 21

Century 21 Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

rekoaus

rekoausasked

I am with Century21 Berwick and I received a notice that they will merge their property management with Harcourts is that true for all their management properties ?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact them obviously

PropertyNow

Looking for Real Estate Agents?

Read the reviews for PropertyNow

Ad
windbreaker

windbreakerasked

It seams to me that most real estate Property Managers are not to be trusted ..Is this the Norm?

mohsen
mohsen

it looks like it, I have been looking through the reviews, I cannot find anyone that I could do business with without a risk. Century 21 South Eastren, packenham, Victoria
seems to be Ok. We have a property in Officer we rent it out! Not sure if I will sign up with them. The contract is only 4 months period.

Jelpasked

I am a naive property owner recently signed on with C21 to get my property rented. Already experiencing little/no communication, gate keeping and inconsiderate staff, don't return calls, don't call when they say they will. I am signed up for two friggin years, no tenant yet. Reading all these terrible reviews from both tenants and landlords chills me to the bone. I came here looking for evidence that I was either expecting too much in my wish for feedback and communication or that my sinking feelings around being treated with disrespect and disdain by superficial 20 somethings do have some basis in reality. Astonished and shocked by what I have got myself into.

Can anyone advise how I can get out of this contract? I feel that my choice of agency will deter good tenants who do their due diligence with agents and I have no trust in the company after being signed up for only 7 weeks. I made a mistake by not thoroughly researching agents

Jenny
Jenny

Please read your authority signed. Might have stated 90 days rules.

Jelp

Thank you Jenny. Checked - there is no 90 day rule. I understand now that I am technically up for 50% of 21 months of potential management fee - that would be the agreed management fee percentage based on the current advertised price (I assume). If I want to terminate the agreement without 'good' reason (a good reason being me having to prove agent's breach of our agreement which I cannot do as they have not). I'm in no position to pay them out so soon so believe will just have to wait if out until I can afford to extricate myself.

Althom
Althom

If the office you are dealing with is anything like the one I deal with you'd be best getting out ASAP. Incompetent, dishonest buffoons.

Bella 1555

Bella 1555asked

We recently put in an offer for a house at Botantic ridge in Cranbourne and paid $1000 deposit. Our offer was accepted but due to the ongoing owners corporate costs of $800 quarter we could not get finance. After 3 weeks they paid us back our $1000 dollars. They are now saying our broker told them our finance was approved, which is a complete lie and if we don't pay it back to them they will take legal action. Our broker sent them an E mail saying we could not get finance. Should I contact head office and tell them what is going on?

Lynn tran
Lynn tran

Yes, to my problems , i did write a complaint to the head office, dont know how will they react yet.

To your problem, you can send an email to them (head office) the letter or email from which your broker sent to you.

I mean century21 agents are really bad , liars and could not trust.

When they are selling houses to you, they smile, they are nice. Once everything is done, if there are problems, they hide, they disappear, they never pick up or answer your phone, email or either you come to their office, you could never have a chance to see them.

Awful agent company is still exist in the world.

Good luck to you. Write a letter to century21 head office to see how they are going to do.

Dave9191
Dave9191

I am not a Real Estate Agent nor solicitor but I would not pay them the money back because the Agent let you out of the Contract For Sale, you should not panic and just wait 14 days for their solicitors letter demanding you to purchase because they will not sue you straight away that is a big step. Like I said they repaid you so they let you out of the Contract and that is not your responsibility anymore. You should ring your family solicitor for free legal advice for more precise information.

Ad