Century 21

Century21 Parramatta

Laura

LauraMelbourne

Proceed with Caution

Don’t give a rats about their rental customers

Called on Monday to say A/c had broken down. Four days of over 40degrees was forecast to occur in three days time. No response, nothing. When I called on Thursday the agent acted as if it was the first she’d heard of my problem and asked if I would be home that day. Who, I ask, doesn’t go to work? No I won’t be home, I am at work. No follow up, not a word. No call back. I spent a long weekend in temps up to 46 degrees with no aircon in my bedroom. Not happy. Seems they don’t care. I’m pretty sure they slept well. I certainly didn’t. Terrible customer relations.

Real Estate Agents

Find out how Century 21 compares to other Real Estate Agents

Poor perth service

Perth city century 21 were the agents for the rental property I lived in. The property manager constantly changed and information was never relayed. They were the most disorganized agency around. Thankfully I left the property but had many problems moving out as they didn't inform the new property manager that I was leaving even though my lease was ending. They told me it was my responsibility to chase them up, that I would have to pay another month of rent, whilst being extremely rude. They always said they would get back to me but never did. How can you chase people up when they are constantly changing?

Disorganized, rude, slow, lazy, incompetent

Rude and arrogent office staff

taking excessive bond

C21 charged me what i feel was an excessive amount of money when i vacated the house ~$850. I had cleaned the house throughout, and accepted that there was a small amount of sand and a couple of blades of grass in the property which i said i would pay to have cleaned. When confronted over the excessive cost, and asking for reciepts and why the cost for sweeping up was so excessive C21 would not respond to my questions. I eventually found out that i had been billed for a myriad of other items.

deceptive, excessive gauging

rekoaus

rekoausasked

I am with Century21 Berwick and I received a notice that they will merge their property management with Harcourts is that true for all their management properties ?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Contact them obviously

windbreaker

windbreakerasked

It seams to me that most real estate Property Managers are not to be trusted ..Is this the Norm?

mohsen
mohsen

it looks like it, I have been looking through the reviews, I cannot find anyone that I could do business with without a risk. Century 21 South Eastren, packenham, Victoria
seems to be Ok. We have a property in Officer we rent it out! Not sure if I will sign up with them. The contract is only 4 months period.

Jelpasked

I am a naive property owner recently signed on with C21 to get my property rented. Already experiencing little/no communication, gate keeping and inconsiderate staff, don't return calls, don't call when they say they will. I am signed up for two friggin years, no tenant yet. Reading all these terrible reviews from both tenants and landlords chills me to the bone. I came here looking for evidence that I was either expecting too much in my wish for feedback and communication or that my sinking feelings around being treated with disrespect and disdain by superficial 20 somethings do have some basis in reality. Astonished and shocked by what I have got myself into.

Can anyone advise how I can get out of this contract? I feel that my choice of agency will deter good tenants who do their due diligence with agents and I have no trust in the company after being signed up for only 7 weeks. I made a mistake by not thoroughly researching agents

Jenny
Jenny

Please read your authority signed. Might have stated 90 days rules.

Jelp

Thank you Jenny. Checked - there is no 90 day rule. I understand now that I am technically up for 50% of 21 months of potential management fee - that would be the agreed management fee percentage based on the current advertised price (I assume). If I want to terminate the agreement without 'good' reason (a good reason being me having to prove agent's breach of our agreement which I cannot do as they have not). I'm in no position to pay them out so soon so believe will just have to wait if out until I can afford to extricate myself.

Althom
Althom

If the office you are dealing with is anything like the one I deal with you'd be best getting out ASAP. Incompetent, dishonest buffoons.