CGU Home and Contents Insurance

• 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No
John O

John OPerth, WA

Failure to match roof sheeting colour

A claim was made to HBF who front CGU for the replacement of hail damaged poly carbonate roof sheets. CGU’s building contractor MidCity replaced the sheets but the replacement sheets are a different colour. Neither CGU, MidCity nor HBF will accept responsibility to fix the issue. Very poor customer service from all three of these companies.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Ange N.

Ange N.

Sexist and Patronising

Have been with this company for many years and have given them good reviews in the past. My latest claim with them has left me angry and frustrated. I was asked if I wouldn't prefer to have my husband deal with it and, in very slow clear words, if I understood what he was saying. Can't wait to finally finish with this claim - 8 months later! So I can move on to a company that doesn't think women should know their place!

Claim DateJuly 2020
Wheels

WheelsSydney, NSW

Tree collapse

Coverage TypeHome Only
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Update from shonky CGU signed 2 contracts for work to start and they keep pulling out

Claim DateMarch 2020
Terry P.
Terry P.
Care TeamCGU

Hi Terry, did the team get in touch with you? ~Kaz

anonymouse

anonymouseTownsville

Never again CGU

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Care TeamCGU

Hi there, thanks for your review of your home claim during the time of the massive flood event in Townsville nearly 2 years ago. We are pleased to see you received your settlement for the claim. ~Kaz

Matt

MattSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very disappointed so far

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateAugust 2020

louNorth Queensland, QLD

Very efficient company

I can't speak highly enough about cgu claims. I have made a few claims over the years, with cyclone damaged contents, accidental breakage, and lost items and I have found this company very prompt and efficient.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Care TeamCGU

Hey there Lou, thanks for the kind words! We are incredibly proud of our claims processes and customer service, so it's always nice to hear from people that have experienced this. :)
Have a great day! -Nathan

Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim DateJuly 2020

clint.reynolds.549Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best Insurance company ever

We filed a claim for Hail damage on our house, Assessor was out within 7 days, Our claim was approved within 10 days of that and our roof was replaced within 30days from our Claim being approved. Thank CGU

clint.reynolds.549

This is going to sound fake but We also had our caravan insured with CGU, we had 2 claims in 18 months and again, outstanding! We had one claim approved in 3hrs of the quote going in. Thank you CGU.

Care TeamCGU

That's great Clint! It's exactly the kind of service we aim to provide :) ~Natalie

Home and Contents Insurance

My bike was stolen but CGU came to the rescue

A few months ago I had my road bike stolen and was absolutely devastated. I called the claims hotline after hours and encountered a very helpful person who submitted my claim. It didn't take long for the claim to be processed and sent through to Insurance Bikes Australia, who worked with me to secure a replacement bike. The process was seamless and the claim managers were extremely professional and helpful. Thank you to CGU and Insurance Bikes Australia!

Type of ClaimTheft
Claim DateMarch 2020
Care TeamCGU

That's great to hear Happy Customer. Sucks to hear about your bike being stolen but I am glad it had a happy ending. ~ Jono

Sam

Sam

SCAM!!! All the other scam feedbacks are 100% true. You have been warned

After they refused couple of claims in the past, this time they tried to refuse a claim for a accidental breakage of glass which was clearly included under our policy, after hours of argument, the operator spoke to her manager and said yes we can cover it and gave us a $700 excess, which we decided not to go ahead with and had a new glass installed $250 the next day. They give you bogus excess so you don't bother going through them when you need them. You have been warned!!

Coverage TypeHome Only

Claim DateFebruary 2020
caz

caz

Awesome service. Would give more than 5 stars

When our roof was torn off in a storm, CGU was brilliant. They organized excellent accommodation, replaced all our contents and rebuilt our house. They could not have been more understanding and helpful. We've been with them for many years and I'm never changing insurers. I've recommended them to everyone I know. They also helped my sister with her landlord's insurance and were fantastic when she made a claim for water damage.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Caz, thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear you had a great claims experience and so did your sister. We hope to provide everyone the same level of service and our claims team work extremely hard. ~Natalie

MeaganSydney, NSW

Awful service. Do not use this company. Worst ever

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Care TeamCGU

Thanks Meagan, I have emailed your details through to a claims specialist asking for assistance. Have a great weekend ~Renae

Terrible service

Had to make claim for water damage.
You bump me off to a building company who are also crap.. premium premiums and get a budget fix!
Anyway living in mould,you ripped up a small area of carpet , you want to cut out a small area of damaged gyprock wall, without looking if frame is still structurally sound .
How the hell are you going to be see why the water metre is off the charts on same wall but in kitchen if you don't take down one side.
After all these years i think it's time to find a new insurer for home and cars.

Coverage TypeHome & Contents and Home Only
Care TeamCGU

Sorry to hear that Not happy jan, we hope that your building work is rectified asap ~Renae

Chris H.

Chris H.South East Queensland, QLD

SUPER FAST SERVICE

I reversed into my garage door during a storm and power cut(turns out the door does not retract fully when not powered by the motor)and 3 days after i sent CGU the quote to replace the money has been issued,this is my first dealings with a claim and very happy with the service,i have 3 houses and 3 vehicles insured with them

Care TeamCGU

Hi Chris, it's great to hear about your positive experience. I do hope we are able to meet this level of service at every interaction. ~Natalie

BrendenCentral Queensland, QLD

Worst process ever

Their policy has not been good value. My tv was damaged beyond repair. I was told I had to take a tv from a preferred supplier both of which are over priced. They told me it was new for old replacement yet couldn't provide the model number of the tv they were offering me. They keep telling me to refer to the PDU which is average at best and refused to settle with funds transferred to my account even though They have done this for me on a previous occasion.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Brenden

Pretty average when you guys don't state the process from the start. I work out of town as well and was forced between going for 2 providers for my tv which both i am not easily able to access. This fell on deaf ears as well.

Care TeamCGU

Sorry for the inconvenience Brenden. We will pass on this feedback to claims for you. ~ Lizzy

Stella Q

Stella QGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claims process is offshored - disgusting service

Twice I have had to UNFORTUNATELY deal with CGU when processing a claim which unfortunately wasnt my fault. First had to go through ombudsman as it took 10 weeks to solve for. Stressful and disgusting process. Second time - was hit by a car and what is a distressing process is taken by an offshored person who has no empathy or understands what your saying. Wrong information provided and just left with no follow up unless you call multiple times. Check where you are being serviced! I am cancelling all my policies with CGU

Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateOctober 2019

Perfect

The best insurance very cooperative. 5 star rating. Highly recommending this insurance. The best insurance i have ever experienced. Thanks for this service. Bye bye bye cv hg hh hh

Type of ClaimTheft

CGU INSURANCE IS THE BEST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVERY DEALT WITH

Property TypeOther
Claim DateDecember 2018
Care TeamCGU

Hi Charmin, it always makes us happy to hear about great claim experiences especially in our hobby farm department! Glad to hear your tractor is back up and running. :) Thank you for your positive feedback. ~Natalie

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance reviews