CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance (page 3 of 6)

1.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (15)
Kathryn F.

Kathryn F.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cgu is the worst

Dont go there! We are struggling big time because of cgu, its been about four months now, we keep calling and they keep ignoring us. If you are with cgu jump ship! I couldnt stress this enough

Heath

Absolute rubbish, I will never recommend, deserves zero stars!!

I have been with CGU for nearly 20 years with 2 claims in that time. First one took ages to sort after a cyclone because they tried to get out of paying. Now this one is post a break in, initial approved but wouldn't pay it cash but wanted me to use 'their preferred shops'! They get kickbacks of course. They then reversed part of the claim and then low balled me due to wanting cash due to living remote and needing to defer purchases. It is a cheap practice as most people will struggle to prove ownership of things older but stolen!! I've been robbed twice, now by CGU... They put the FU in CGU. Do not insure with CGU or anything owned by AIG!!! Oh, don't get ducked in by what they say either, money is their ultimate goal, not you!!

Heath

It has already gone through your internal review and same result. My only option is AFCA. People don't be fooled by the response on here from CGU, it is all smoke and mirrors!! They don't actually care...

AWFUL customer service

Customer service is appalling.

1) I had to call them three times to make a claim against one of their policy holders. It took month!
2) I was supposed to get a call to confirm my appointment to get my car fixed (3 months after accident) - NOTHING - I had to call them!
3) I was supposed to get a hire car - NOTHING - I am on hold for over 50 minutes!!! Worse than Centrelink!!!!

If I ever considered moving insurance companies - I certainly wouldn't change to CGU!

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Billy

BillyPerth, WA

Slow service and still not paperless

Been with them for years as they have the best landlords insurance unfortunately. When I do make a claim the service is so slow and they never reply to emails - you have to follow up with a call to get a semi decent response. To add to that I've been asking for paperless for years but they still send invoices in the mail with T & C's which are available online.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Billy, thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you sharing your thoughts, we will be sure to pass them over to the team! ~Kaz

KCHSydney, NSW

Terrible Service

Been with CGU insurance for 4 years now, in the beginning service was great. The claims process was very efficient. Seems like they have moved the operations to overseas and its just gone terrible. it seems like speaking to some kids who don't understand the claims process. sorry CGU I will be moving all my insurances from your company soon.

KCH

Thanks for the reply but don't use facebook.

Care TeamCGU

I understand KCH. You can call us on 13 24 80 to discuss this further and escalate your concerns if needed. Sorry there isn't more we can do here, thanks for sharing. ~Jamie

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really, more than one star,?

I have dealt recently with CGU, I find it very hard to believe that they can achieve more than one star, one star is actually too high a rating for a company that can make an open and shut case claim seem like a real long shot that you will be compensated for your loss. They take the money every month without fail, but seem to have lost sight of why. This site should allow more options such as half a star, a quarter star, maybe even a pig emoji. I will move on to a different insurer wiser for the experience.

Marg

seems from the reviews they will pay out small costs but not big ones

LizSydney, NSW

Very Very poor customer service Terrible is un understatement

Dave

DaveVictoria

While we were holidaying a pipe burst in the ceiling of our home. This resulted in considerable damage making the house uninhabitable. CGU arranged for work to commence the day we reported the damage. They paid for alternative accommodation whilst the building was repaired. The damage was repaired to a very high standard, carpets and damaged furniture replaced, etc. I could not fault the service they provided. They phoned three months after we moved back into the house to ascertain that everything was okay.

Care TeamCGU

Thanks for sharing Dave. So lovely to hear that your claims experience was 5 star! ~Renae

Home and Contents Insurance

Misrepresentation, ill practice and complete lack of integrity !!

My husband and I recently purchased home contents insurance through CGU and were affected by the Townsville floods. CGU accepted our claim initially, sent assessors to inspect the damage and offered us immediate financial assistance then did a complete backflip stating we weren’t covered due to a technicality. Due to their misrepresentation and direction, we disposed of our damaged contents and now they are saying they are not liable for anything. We have lost our entire home and have nothing left. It’s an absolute disgrace, considering we are both serving members of the ADF and were involved in the flood response.

Mishka

Mishka

My preferred insurer

I've been with CGU on and off for well over 20 years, for both house and car. In that time l have made a few claims and have found that every single claim experience has been simple and fast. I have switched over the years to other insurers as they offered cheaper premiums and excess but when it came to making a claim they used every trick in the book not to assist. So l have always come back to CGU, l recommend them over any other insurer l have tried.

ToneWarrnambool

Expected better

After being with CGU for 27 years made few claims and have been paying premiums on all policies of over $10000 a year for the last 15 years. We had a leek from our roof that damaged carpet in a downstairs bedroom and upstairs lounge area where a large section of carpet had to be removed. After making a dispute on our claim of just covering the lounge and not the joining dining/formal room upstairs which we can’t match the carpet, if we have to settle for the one room we will have pay for the other room ourself. I thought we paid for premium insurance but only get average cover. For the sake of $3000 that they won’t come to the party for we will be taking our $10,000 premiums elsewhere.

Tone

Already tried that. I just took my business elsewhere.

Paroma

ParomaAdelaide

Zero Integrity

Care TeamCGU

Hi Paroma, you are well within your rights to lodge a complaint with the claims manger if you are unhappy with the claims decision. If we can help you with this, please PM this page or PM our Facebook page, happy to help you with the process. ~Kaz

Jamm

Jamm

Perfect always helpful

Hi

I am ultimate health member of Bupa and have CGU insurance as well. They have been good so far with me. Recommended

Care TeamCGU

Thank you very much for your review Jamm, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. ~Kaz

Anne

AnneDarwin

Disgusting lack of service

Six years with you and paying you for service that is not worth paying for, put in a damage claim and it has been the worst customer service I have ever received. That is if you call me having to contact you again and again and then offered a replacement at half the price shame on you CGU will be removing all my insurance from you.

HosseinGrange

Horrible service for our Home claim

Came back from holidays noticed that the timber floor is damaged due to water leak. CGU rejected the claims based on the fact that they could not find the cause of the leak !

Care TeamCGU

Sorry to hear that Hossein. thank you for letting us know, we will pass on your feedback to the home claims team. ~Kaz

DunollyDunolly

No customer loyalty.

3 insurance policies consistent for 11 years with not one claim for anything. CGU just screwed me on one of the policies due to a slight circumstance change. They basically won’t insure me because one of my buildings is vacant now. It’s a pity I didn’t know this last month when I renewed because I would of found someone elsewhere takes their business more seriously to take all 3 policies. CGU obviously are good at taking your money when it suits them. They are obviously a company of scumbag thieves and rogues disguised in nice suits. I am certainly now of the belief that the CEO is a money hungry maggot.
God help you if your house burns down.
Do not be tricked and deceived by these filthy dogs.

Insurance claim madeNo
Dunolly

Anyone who thinks that CGU looks after their customers is an idiot. CGU takes your money when it suits them. God help someone who’s house burns to the ground. My advice. CGU is not for you.

I don’t get what everyone is so angry about

The whole claim process was fantastic. I had to make a claim for my laptop that was severely damaged. I panicked for a bit and realised I had contents insurance so gave them a call. They have 24 hour claim call centre which is great and allowed me to submit claim on 1am on Saturday. The whole process was easy, I called couple times to follow up and was connected with no difficulty. I would definitely recommend this company for contents insurance!

Care TeamCGU

Thanks for sharing Sehee L, So glad you had a great claims experience and you have your laptop back in action. We thank you for your loyalty! ~Renae

Extensive vandalism to investment house. .still not resolved after 3months

I've paid out over $150,000.00 in insurance premiums over 27years for nothing. I have claimed a total of $3000 over those years and now are claiming $30000 repairs and they want to settle at $4000. They're hoping I'll give in stressing me out. Very very very upsetting. I'm cancelling the insurance policy in 2days. I'm not going to give them another cent.

Big Al

Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Problems

We have had CGU Insurance for a few years now and had to make a claim late last year when mowing i hit something hidden in the grass and managed to break a glass sliding door and a window. This was on Sunday and had to wait till Monday to sort out and it was repaired Monday afternoon. All in all claim was quick and painless which is how it should be.

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance reviews