CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance (page 4 of 5)

1.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (3)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (6)
    • 3+ months (13)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (14)

Very dissatisfied customer, terrible service

CGU home and contents insurance claim department have made this very distressful from the start. We have had very little help from the start. There has been no communication from anyone, only from my behalf, even after several phones calls and 7 emails. I will definitely not be continuing my any insurance with them again. Lack of service and unprofessionalism!

Mark P

Mark PMelbourne

CGU Insurance has lost a client. I ll make sure my friends stay away from CGU!

Horrible service! I m going to make sure I never go with them again, this got to be one of the worse insurance companies out there. Stay away!

Cyclone Yasi victim

Cyclone Yasi victimCardwell

Cyclone Yasi victim Cardwell

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Sunny Modi

Sunny ModiRobina

Dodge Claims!

CGU used to be good. When we were robbed in 2012 they were good (of course, it was while we were home and asleep so pretty hard to argue). We recently had a major leak in our mains and the water puddles damaged the concrete pavers by the pool. We lifted the pavers to fix the leak because the assessor couldn't get there for 8 days! He got there and said the pavers have been lifted so can't prove they were damaged by water. Claim denied. Cost us $2k to fix the stupid thing. They were extremely rude on the phone too. Cancelled both my policies immediately. EAD CGU.

sam

samSydney, NSW

absolutely disgusting customer service

I have moved premises and asked for a final read .
I had it scheduled in a months time.
When the time came i was told that it can take upto 5 days from the date scheduled .well no one turned up .
I only found out when i enquired what was the amount owing.
The scheduled another date and still one one has turned up.
I'llbe spesking to the ombudsman in the morning

Insurance claim madeNo
Glenn

Glenn

Slow, bordering on dishonest service. Rude customer service.

jenni

jenni

shocking

I had insurance with CGU for awhile. My bathroom floor collapsed because of water damage. Had my own plumber check and said definitely water damage. They sent someone out who said it wasnt. Took forever to get them to contact me. Even just to say they wouldn't cover. Not impressed

Insurance claim madeYes

Total loss house fire and CGU dodgy investigators.

After a total loss fire at my family home on August 14th there were Police and forensic investigations. Not satisfied with this CGU sent their own forensic people. All investigations said the cause was undetermined and no suspicious circumstances. CGU then sent an officious investigator to harass and bully me. After I complained they sent a different one, just as bad with a dubious personal record of his own. CGU just went on a fishing expedition looking for any reason not to pay the claim after I have been left homeless with 2 teenagers.

I am now referring this matter to the Ombudsman as I have complied with all reasonable requests and they have not accepted my claim yet. I would not recommend CGU for insurance.

Naomi
Naomi
Coco

Coco

CGU’s wholly-owned subsidiary Strata Unit Underwriters (SUU) current affair 13/07/15 - TERRIBLE

Insurance claim madeNo
Home and Contents Insurance

Excess is $250 now suddenly it's $500!

Signed up through $your share and they are my brokers for these scammers! Never have I had this type of issue with an insurance company! They are just unbelievable! $750 electrical motor claim and they are stalling, not writing replies., just random phone calls during work hours (no, can't take calls then, nor can I call back during those work hours) or emails saying "ring us during business hours". I wonder are they too worried to put their opinion in writing as this is then evidence for the Insurance ombudsmen.

Andy M

Andy MCornubia

Policy not worth the paper it is written on

After a rather large rain event in Brisbane the retaining wall between my yard and the neighbours collapsed. After a 7 week process, constantly having to chase CGU, the claim was denied based on the engineers report saying the retaining wall was poorly built. The retaining wall in question had been established some 20-30 years earlier. For a poorly built wall it did a hell of a job lasting that long.... Have now gone to the financial services ombudsman. Overall the customer service is appalling, throughout the entire process I have had to chase CGU.

Down not Broken

Down not BrokenHazelbrook, New South Wales

Sinking boot in while down

Four and a half years ago I was seriously injured at work due to employer negligence, after 4 years of delays and battle a Settlement was reached on 3rd of March. CGU kindly contacted centerlink and got my support cut off before Easter. Is now 24th of April and funds still not been released and had no income at all for a month. I am now living of charity of others and have notice of eviction. Totally heartless and don't care at hardship or suffering they cause.

CathyD

CathyDVictoria, 3585

Disgusted

No response

These scammers should be closed down.
Had a claim and they would not respond to my broker or myself for weeks.
Happy to take our money. Not happy to respond if there is an issue.

Deb

DebBunbury

Ceiling damage

My ceilings in family area have let go, sagging due to old glue not sufficient from origianl builders & not enough screws in place re: report.

CGU won't pay claim as it's a "wear & tear" issue. My policy is as follows:

I'm not happy with the outcome and I have not been contacted at all by the person who is processing my claim. All correspondence has been by other staff answering my incoming call.

Service is not there.

Never use CGU

Unhappy customer

Been paying my premiums for nearly 7 years since we bought our house. Our back fence just collapsed one night. CGU inspected the damage and said that the fence hadn't been constructed properly, therefore they wouldn't pay for it's repair. So what exactly have I been paying premiums for ? What else in my house is structurally unsound?? Therefore, not covered........ ??

expensive insurance and no cover in the end. created a false sense of security for years. dont use them !

Gul

GulMelbourne

Deceitful and Scams!

I had been with CGU building and landlords insurance for 5 years and they declined all the expensive claims that i had made stating that their independent assessors didn't classify the damages as malicious or intentional. They did however accept small claims such as a theft of a towel rail, that had less monetary amount and they added a very expensive excess fee which was never even stipulated on my schedule only to make claims as difficult as possible so that they don't pay up!

Expensive, Policy Schedule is not accurate, Excess is too high that they make the claim impossible

Do not open with cgu!!!!

They are a disgusting insurance company. When someone ran into my car, they did not do anything to chase the person up for doing damaged my car. Very poor. And their assessor's were idiots!!! It makes you sick. Do not go with CGU. Their whole system is bad and they find loop holes to not pay.
Fairly cheap
They look for every loop hole to get out of insurance

BuddersMildura