CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance (page 5 of 7)

1.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (15)
Gloria

Gloria

Ripped off for 27years

Of course
very unsatisfied

My home is falling down because the stump has sunk..apparently it's my problem as the house is 57 years old i was told to go sue the council for signing off on unsatisfactory ground. What!!!!! and no payout for repairs its wear and tear... well what have i paid them for, for 27 years???

william

williamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service

I have been a customer of CGU for the last 22 years and recently had to make a claim unfortunately due to burglary. Was dreading the outcome as most of what one hears of insurance companies are not very flattering. I was very pleasantly surprised at the level of service I received.. I was dealing with one person in CGU and was given a direct number for contact. I had to deal with 2 assessors who were polite, helpful and very quick with their assessments.Full marks to CGU.

Andrew

Andrew

Incredibly expensive compared to others.

CGU far too expensive. I must admit, I haven't been keeping an eye on prices for other companies until recently, cancelling my home and contents along with building today.

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

BCA

BCAPerth

Beware! Do NOT insure you house with CGU.

6 weeks following a portion of house being seriously damaged in a storm our claim has been denied! House is not weather tight, held together with a tarpaulin fitted by insurance appointed builder , who was so slow to get here and now Denied any further help! Do NOT go anywhere near CGU.

Very dissatisfied customer

Recently made a claim as our fence/wall fell due to a storm. We have Blue Ribbon cover (top of the range)They declined the claim and made excuses. They sent out a builder who made a report, however this person came at 6am in the morning (in the dark) to access the damage, what a joke, how can you make an honest report based on working in the dark LOL....
There was no communication/customer support and we had to ring to find out what was happening! We are currently assessing our options as we are very disappointed and will be taking this further, what happen to loyalty? Been a customer for a very....long time and are covered for everything, cars, house/contents, well that will be changing as currently looking at other insurance companies.

Crappy CGU

Marianna

MariannaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible..stay away from CGU!

TERRIBLE!!!! Stay away from CGU! Can I give them 0? One star is way too generous! The worst insurance company I have ever seen. 6 years now after the storm from March 2010 and still haven't settled the issue. The matter was referred to the Ombudsman, still no end after 6 years. It seems they can bribe anyone and everyone so they would avoid the payments and responsibility. DO NOT EVER TRUST YOUR HOME, CONTENTS OR CAR to a JOKE of a company! I made a mistake not to read the comments from people in a similar position. I thought what can happen to the house? I have never claimed anything...well it seems there is first time for everything, and my first time has been like a nightmare, worse than hell. Stay away from CGU!

Insurance claim madeYes

Very dissatisfied customer, terrible service

CGU home and contents insurance claim department have made this very distressful from the start. We have had very little help from the start. There has been no communication from anyone, only from my behalf, even after several phones calls and 7 emails. I will definitely not be continuing my any insurance with them again. Lack of service and unprofessionalism!

Mark P

Mark PMelbourne

CGU Insurance has lost a client. I ll make sure my friends stay away from CGU!

Horrible service! I m going to make sure I never go with them again, this got to be one of the worse insurance companies out there. Stay away!

Cyclone Yasi victim

Cyclone Yasi victimCardwell

Cyclone Yasi victim Cardwell

Sunny Modi

Sunny ModiRobina

Dodge Claims!

CGU used to be good. When we were robbed in 2012 they were good (of course, it was while we were home and asleep so pretty hard to argue). We recently had a major leak in our mains and the water puddles damaged the concrete pavers by the pool. We lifted the pavers to fix the leak because the assessor couldn't get there for 8 days! He got there and said the pavers have been lifted so can't prove they were damaged by water. Claim denied. Cost us $2k to fix the stupid thing. They were extremely rude on the phone too. Cancelled both my policies immediately. EAD CGU.

sam

samSydney, NSW

absolutely disgusting customer service

I have moved premises and asked for a final read .
I had it scheduled in a months time.
When the time came i was told that it can take upto 5 days from the date scheduled .well no one turned up .
I only found out when i enquired what was the amount owing.
The scheduled another date and still one one has turned up.
I'llbe spesking to the ombudsman in the morning

Insurance claim madeNo
Glenn

Glenn

Slow, bordering on dishonest service. Rude customer service.

jenni

jenni

shocking

I had insurance with CGU for awhile. My bathroom floor collapsed because of water damage. Had my own plumber check and said definitely water damage. They sent someone out who said it wasnt. Took forever to get them to contact me. Even just to say they wouldn't cover. Not impressed

Insurance claim madeYes

Total loss house fire and CGU dodgy investigators.

After a total loss fire at my family home on August 14th there were Police and forensic investigations. Not satisfied with this CGU sent their own forensic people. All investigations said the cause was undetermined and no suspicious circumstances. CGU then sent an officious investigator to harass and bully me. After I complained they sent a different one, just as bad with a dubious personal record of his own. CGU just went on a fishing expedition looking for any reason not to pay the claim after I have been left homeless with 2 teenagers.

I am now referring this matter to the Ombudsman as I have complied with all reasonable requests and they have not accepted my claim yet. I would not recommend CGU for insurance.

Naomi
Naomi

Coco

Coco

CGU’s wholly-owned subsidiary Strata Unit Underwriters (SUU) current affair 13/07/15 - TERRIBLE

Insurance claim madeNo

Excess is $250 now suddenly it's $500!

Signed up through $your share and they are my brokers for these scammers! Never have I had this type of issue with an insurance company! They are just unbelievable! $750 electrical motor claim and they are stalling, not writing replies., just random phone calls during work hours (no, can't take calls then, nor can I call back during those work hours) or emails saying "ring us during business hours". I wonder are they too worried to put their opinion in writing as this is then evidence for the Insurance ombudsmen.

Andy M

Andy MCornubia

Policy not worth the paper it is written on

After a rather large rain event in Brisbane the retaining wall between my yard and the neighbours collapsed. After a 7 week process, constantly having to chase CGU, the claim was denied based on the engineers report saying the retaining wall was poorly built. The retaining wall in question had been established some 20-30 years earlier. For a poorly built wall it did a hell of a job lasting that long.... Have now gone to the financial services ombudsman. Overall the customer service is appalling, throughout the entire process I have had to chase CGU.

Down not Broken

Down not BrokenHazelbrook, New South Wales

Sinking boot in while down

Four and a half years ago I was seriously injured at work due to employer negligence, after 4 years of delays and battle a Settlement was reached on 3rd of March. CGU kindly contacted centerlink and got my support cut off before Easter. Is now 24th of April and funds still not been released and had no income at all for a month. I am now living of charity of others and have notice of eviction. Totally heartless and don't care at hardship or suffering they cause.

CathyD