CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance (page 6 of 7)

1.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (4)
    • 1-2 weeks (5)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (7)
    • 3+ months (14)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (15)

No response

These scammers should be closed down.
Had a claim and they would not respond to my broker or myself for weeks.
Happy to take our money. Not happy to respond if there is an issue.

Deb

DebBunbury

Ceiling damage

My ceilings in family area have let go, sagging due to old glue not sufficient from origianl builders & not enough screws in place re: report.

CGU won't pay claim as it's a "wear & tear" issue. My policy is as follows:

I'm not happy with the outcome and I have not been contacted at all by the person who is processing my claim. All correspondence has been by other staff answering my incoming call.

Service is not there.

Never use CGU

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Unhappy customer

Been paying my premiums for nearly 7 years since we bought our house. Our back fence just collapsed one night. CGU inspected the damage and said that the fence hadn't been constructed properly, therefore they wouldn't pay for it's repair. So what exactly have I been paying premiums for ? What else in my house is structurally unsound?? Therefore, not covered........ ??

expensive insurance and no cover in the end. created a false sense of security for years. dont use them !

Gul

GulMelbourne

Deceitful and Scams!

I had been with CGU building and landlords insurance for 5 years and they declined all the expensive claims that i had made stating that their independent assessors didn't classify the damages as malicious or intentional. They did however accept small claims such as a theft of a towel rail, that had less monetary amount and they added a very expensive excess fee which was never even stipulated on my schedule only to make claims as difficult as possible so that they don't pay up!

Expensive, Policy Schedule is not accurate, Excess is too high that they make the claim impossible

Do not open with cgu!!!!

They are a disgusting insurance company. When someone ran into my car, they did not do anything to chase the person up for doing damaged my car. Very poor. And their assessor's were idiots!!! It makes you sick. Do not go with CGU. Their whole system is bad and they find loop holes to not pay.
Fairly cheap
They look for every loop hole to get out of insurance

BuddersMildura

Charlatans.....

No loyalty to customers

C BallantyneCowes, Vic 3922

CGU never pay out a claim...

Feedback

FeedbackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive. Dont listen. Dont expect to be covered. No care & No responsibility for CGU contractors

Valerie B

Valerie BMELBOURNE

Pricing rocketing! One more lost customer!

Just received my renewal quotes for two homes comprehensive insurance and price for both have gone rocketing - Over $5,000 for both homes! Just average homes in the country, nothing special. Apparently this is due to flooding risks. There is no flooding risks at all where the houses are! We've been with them for 15 years, but that's it, we're looking for another company now.

Price! Just simply ridiculous!

January 2012 - Premiums increased by 73%

Just received a letter advising that "following the severe weather events of 2011 .... we have decided to make flood cover an automatic part of all our home policies".

The letter avised the amount of our new premium... an increase of 73%.

Thing is, we live up on a hill. Flooding is not an issue. Looking for a new insurer.

73% increase in premiums

Shame on you CGU

jacquieann

jacquieannAU

Very bad

Flood in my house and carpets and lino were ruined They took carpet and lino away and when they returned them the carpet had been dried out and stretched to fit the room. I could not stand the smell and had to re carpet at my own expense. The lino was also returned with glue marks where they had glued the rips back together.
They said they had taken photos where both were damaged and not due to the flood.
Very very bad so dont beleive the current ads on TV.
Stay away and dont waste your money !!

grandvoyager

grandvoyager

Bad

savanna454

savanna454

pradt

pradt

Terrible

Stay way from them. They will use every means to miminise your payout. I have tornado damage and so do my neighbours. We all had problems with them. CGU and SGIO are the same company. Stay away at all costs.

They fight you all the way. Will not pay out when you need them.

qqbrightstar

qqbrightstar

Good

I have been with CGU insurance for many years and so far I am satisfied with it. Other insurance might try to attract you by lower premium. My opinion is you got to compare the details before you jump for the cheaper premium as what's covered and what's not can be very different from one to another insurance. You don't want to take the risk for the sake of a few dollars saving.
The CGU online quote is easy to use and the questionaire is not as long as some of the other insurance. and they also offer 12 month premium cover 15 months period which can save your some premium.
nothing I can think of.