CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance

1.9

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
scott

scottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the best

Used to have house insurance with them. When we had a problem with our roof they wouldn't pay. They said our policy doesn't cover that kind of thing. They put it down to building defect but the house was over 30 years without issue prior to that. My bank assigned them for me which I will never do again. Shop around and get all the details of what is covered. I pay the same price and get all sorts of extra cover from another insurance company.

ToneWarrnambool

Expected better

After being with CGU for 27 years made few claims and have been paying premiums on all policies of over $10000 a year for the last 15 years. We had a leek from our roof that damaged carpet in a downstairs bedroom and upstairs lounge area where a large section of carpet had to be removed. After making a dispute on our claim of just covering the lounge and not the joining dining/formal room upstairs which we can’t match the carpet, if we have to settle for the one room we will have pay for the other room ourself. I thought we paid for premium insurance but only get average cover. For the sake of $3000 that they won’t come to the party for we will be taking our $10,000 premiums elsewhere.

Insurance claim madeYes
Tone

Already tried that. I just took my business elsewhere.

January 2012 - Premiums increased by 73%

Just received a letter advising that "following the severe weather events of 2011 .... we have decided to make flood cover an automatic part of all our home policies".

The letter avised the amount of our new premium... an increase of 73%.

Thing is, we live up on a hill. Flooding is not an issue. Looking for a new insurer.

73% increase in premiums

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

grandvoyager

grandvoyager

Bad

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance reviews

SKJ

SKJasked

How do you get a claims manager to do their job and respond to multiple emails and calls on an active claim where excess has already been paid?

Hi SKJ, I have responded to your review. ~Natalie

Etimoni V.

Etimoni V.asked

Hello I dry to send are receipt to ur claim email but I give it to me can't send I don't know that the right email. claim@cgu.com.au Any help?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Etimoni, you have made just a slight typing mistake. The correct email address is claims@cgu.com.au. ~ Jono

Rosie

Rosieasked

Do you insure relocatable homes?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Rosie. We cover homes that are permanently fixed to the site with water and sewage connections. There are other insurers that have specific cover for things like on-site caravans. But not us. I hope this helps. ~ Jono

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Landlord, Motorcycle and Travel