CGU Home and Contents Insurance

CGU Home and Contents Insurance

1.9

Liz

LizGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good cover and quick response.

CGU have twice covered me for claims which are often not covered by other insurance companies. One was for a lost hearing aid and another was a lost diamond from a ring. They are quick, efficient and polite and I would highly recommend them.

Care TeamCGU

Hey Liz. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are glad to hear your claims processes went so well and you are happy with our coverage :) ~ Lizzy

Mishka

Mishka

My preferred insurer

I've been with CGU on and off for well over 20 years, for both house and car. In that time l have made a few claims and have found that every single claim experience has been simple and fast. I have switched over the years to other insurers as they offered cheaper premiums and excess but when it came to making a claim they used every trick in the book not to assist. So l have always come back to CGU, l recommend them over any other insurer l have tried.

Insurance claim madeYes
Big Al

Big AlSouth East Queensland, QLD

No Problems

We have had CGU Insurance for a few years now and had to make a claim late last year when mowing i hit something hidden in the grass and managed to break a glass sliding door and a window. This was on Sunday and had to wait till Monday to sort out and it was repaired Monday afternoon. All in all claim was quick and painless which is how it should be.

Insurance claim madeYes
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

Nothappy

NothappyHobart

Wonderful customer service, quick service. After a bad experience elsewhere their attitude is refreshing. Very thorough when working out the package which best suited my needs. Paperwork easy to complete.

Insurance claim madeNo
qqbrightstar

qqbrightstar

Good

I have been with CGU insurance for many years and so far I am satisfied with it. Other insurance might try to attract you by lower premium. My opinion is you got to compare the details before you jump for the cheaper premium as what's covered and what's not can be very different from one to another insurance. You don't want to take the risk for the sake of a few dollars saving.
The CGU online quote is easy to use and the questionaire is not as long as some of the other insurance. and they also offer 12 month premium cover 15 months period which can save your some premium.
nothing I can think of.

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance reviews

SKJ

SKJasked

How do you get a claims manager to do their job and respond to multiple emails and calls on an active claim where excess has already been paid?

Hi SKJ, I have responded to your review. ~Natalie

Etimoni V.

Etimoni V.asked

Hello I dry to send are receipt to ur claim email but I give it to me can't send I don't know that the right email. claim@cgu.com.au Any help?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Etimoni, you have made just a slight typing mistake. The correct email address is claims@cgu.com.au. ~ Jono

Rosie

Rosieasked

Do you insure relocatable homes?

Care TeamCGU

Hi Rosie. We cover homes that are permanently fixed to the site with water and sewage connections. There are other insurers that have specific cover for things like on-site caravans. But not us. I hope this helps. ~ Jono

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents, Landlord, Motorcycle and Travel