CGU Home and Contents Insurance

• <1 week (3)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (0)
Wheels

WheelsSydney, NSW

Tree collapse

louNorth Queensland, QLD

Very efficient company

I can't speak highly enough about cgu claims. I have made a few claims over the years, with cyclone damaged contents, accidental breakage, and lost items and I have found this company very prompt and efficient.

Care TeamCGU

Hey there Lou, thanks for the kind words! We are incredibly proud of our claims processes and customer service, so it's always nice to hear from people that have experienced this. :)
Have a great day! -Nathan

Cheers thankyou. :-)

Nikki Cullen

Nikki CullenAU

CGU insurance - 10/10

Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how CGU Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

clint.reynolds.549Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best Insurance company ever

We filed a claim for Hail damage on our house, Assessor was out within 7 days, Our claim was approved within 10 days of that and our roof was replaced within 30days from our Claim being approved. Thank CGU

clint.reynolds.549

This is going to sound fake but We also had our caravan insured with CGU, we had 2 claims in 18 months and again, outstanding! We had one claim approved in 3hrs of the quote going in. Thank you CGU.

Care TeamCGU

That's great Clint! It's exactly the kind of service we aim to provide :) ~Natalie

My bike was stolen but CGU came to the rescue

A few months ago I had my road bike stolen and was absolutely devastated. I called the claims hotline after hours and encountered a very helpful person who submitted my claim. It didn't take long for the claim to be processed and sent through to Insurance Bikes Australia, who worked with me to secure a replacement bike. The process was seamless and the claim managers were extremely professional and helpful. Thank you to CGU and Insurance Bikes Australia!

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Care TeamCGU

That's great to hear Happy Customer. Sucks to hear about your bike being stolen but I am glad it had a happy ending. ~ Jono

caz

caz

Awesome service. Would give more than 5 stars

When our roof was torn off in a storm, CGU was brilliant. They organized excellent accommodation, replaced all our contents and rebuilt our house. They could not have been more understanding and helpful. We've been with them for many years and I'm never changing insurers. I've recommended them to everyone I know. They also helped my sister with her landlord's insurance and were fantastic when she made a claim for water damage.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Caz, thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear you had a great claims experience and so did your sister. We hope to provide everyone the same level of service and our claims team work extremely hard. ~Natalie

Chris H.

Chris H.South East Queensland, QLD

SUPER FAST SERVICE

I reversed into my garage door during a storm and power cut(turns out the door does not retract fully when not powered by the motor)and 3 days after i sent CGU the quote to replace the money has been issued,this is my first dealings with a claim and very happy with the service,i have 3 houses and 3 vehicles insured with them

Care TeamCGU

Hi Chris, it's great to hear about your positive experience. I do hope we are able to meet this level of service at every interaction. ~Natalie

Perfect

The best insurance very cooperative. 5 star rating. Highly recommending this insurance. The best insurance i have ever experienced. Thanks for this service. Bye bye bye cv hg hh hh

Hi Karan, thank you your the positive feedback. ~ Jono

Charmin

CharminSouth East Queensland, QLD

CGU INSURANCE IS THE BEST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVERY DEALT WITH

Care TeamCGU

Hi Charmin, it always makes us happy to hear about great claim experiences especially in our hobby farm department! Glad to hear your tractor is back up and running. :) Thank you for your positive feedback. ~Natalie

How good is cgu

We joined up with CGU last year on a recommendation and we had a tree go through our roof yesterday in a storm, and instead of bothering emergency services we got onto CGU. Amaaaazing response and instant help, an electrician was at our door within an hour and the roof was repaired to stop further damage not long after. Within 24 hours the tree was cut and wood tidily stacked and any debris cleared all whilst taking care to do no further damage. We are so impressed and recommend them to anyone who is considering household insurance. Thank you for making what was a very stressful situation a breeze to nagivate.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Rebekah, thank you so much for sharing your positive claims experience, we are pleased to see the issues was resolved so quickly. Thank you again. ~Kaz

Dave

DaveVictoria

While we were holidaying a pipe burst in the ceiling of our home. This resulted in considerable damage making the house uninhabitable. CGU arranged for work to commence the day we reported the damage. They paid for alternative accommodation whilst the building was repaired. The damage was repaired to a very high standard, carpets and damaged furniture replaced, etc. I could not fault the service they provided. They phoned three months after we moved back into the house to ascertain that everything was okay.

Care TeamCGU

Thanks for sharing Dave. So lovely to hear that your claims experience was 5 star! ~Renae

Jamm

Jamm

Perfect always helpful

Hi

I am ultimate health member of Bupa and have CGU insurance as well. They have been good so far with me. Recommended

Care TeamCGU

Thank you very much for your review Jamm, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. ~Kaz

I don’t get what everyone is so angry about

The whole claim process was fantastic. I had to make a claim for my laptop that was severely damaged. I panicked for a bit and realised I had contents insurance so gave them a call. They have 24 hour claim call centre which is great and allowed me to submit claim on 1am on Saturday. The whole process was easy, I called couple times to follow up and was connected with no difficulty. I would definitely recommend this company for contents insurance!

Care TeamCGU

Thanks for sharing Sehee L, So glad you had a great claims experience and you have your laptop back in action. We thank you for your loyalty! ~Renae

Really helpful

I had to make a claim due to a water burst in the bathroom, flooded the whole house. I cant speak highly enough of the help and responseby CGU considering how stressed i was on the phone and probably a little difficult. They reassured me that everything would be OK .The response by contractors was excellent to say the least.

jaysblueaus

jaysblueausAU

Best and one of the cheapest around

RJ

RJAdelaide

I actually had a great experience

Claire

ClaireCentral West, NSW

Excellent customer service

Ok, so I haven't had to make a claim thankfully so I cannot comment on that aspect. However, I've now had my home & contents insurance with CGU for three years. In that time I've had to call up about various things, needing clearer explanations of what I'm covered for compared with their other policies for example & they have always been really good at taking the time to answer my questions & explain things better. I think they have better coverage on their 'middle of the range' policy than what NRMA offer for example and are quite a bit cheeper. I'm happy with them this far & would reccommend them.

Insurance claim madeNo
Matthew

MatthewRedan

Bad experience turned good

With all the bad stigma around insurance companies i was impressed to find CGU so easy to deal with, accommodating and relable. A year after living in my first house, one night i was devistated to find a leak under my sink. I contacted CGU promptly the next day and the sent out an assessors and it was deemed that it had been leaking for months just running through the floor. In the end i had 3 square meters of timber floor replaced and all the kitchen cabenetry (built in kitchen) and the floating floor. I would never have been able to afford to fix the damage under my own steam. I am very greatful. I would recomend coverage through CGU for the piece of mind that the give.

lost iphone

I had the best experience with CGU when my son lost his iphone in Los Angeles while tansferring by taxi from International to Domestic. CGU customer service was outstanding and they were very understanding and arranged the claim immediately so that I could purchase a new phone for him while he was travelling. Outstanding Service

Christine

ChristineBrisbane

Long term customer very happy with service

We had a huge hail storm break every window on one side of our home including two stained glass panels and flooding of 2 rooms. There was never an issue with the quotes. They were very helpful and even followed me up to encourage the quick processing of the claim. A few years earlier another rental house we owned had burned down. The process of claiming on CGU Insurance was easy as they were proactive and helpful to enable my husband to do the demolition of the charred remains.The policy also gave us a year of rental payments to cover the loss while we rebuilt.

See all CGU Home and Contents Insurance reviews