CGU Landlord Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes · No (6)
Robin J.

Robin J.Woden 2606, ACT

Landlords beware. Do not insure with CGU!

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

David W.South Australia

Corrupt Guilty Underhanded

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Care TeamCGU

CGU's "Landlord Insurance" with Accidental Damage Cover doesn't cover accidental damage...

"Landlord Insurance" with Accidental Damage Cover (sold by the Bendigo Bank) is provided/underwritten by CGU, and doesn't cover accidental damage made by the Tenant or their guests, only malicious damage - and good luck proving intent.
P.S. The only accidental damage covered is by yourself as the landlord doing work on-site.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Care TeamCGU

Hi Ty, thanks for providing your review. If you would like us to arrange someone to contact you and discuss your cover further please use this link http://bit.ly/2pbDydv to message us and let us know you are have come from Product Review. ~ Jono

Landlord Insurance

Find out how CGU Landlord Insurance compares to other Landlord Insurance

JamesJoyce263South East Queensland, QLD

Poor coverage

Rang to make a claim. "Your policy does not cover loss of rent." ???! Ok, add that option. Fast forward two years later "does not cover that type of lost rent.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2019

Haz H.Perth, WA

Poor Customer Service and Scam of an insurance

Please do not use their Landlord insurance this is an absolute scam of insurance. I will be in contact with AFCA very soon. I couldnt believe i procure this from AON and i got advised i have a premium cover and when i claim for that insurance i have got 100s of loopholes showing up so they dont have to pay a cent of anything. I request you to stay away from their landlond insurance and its a scam and i didnt use any other services from this particular insurer and i will not touch any of their product in future.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Haz H.

I have sent the details in facebook.. I am really disappointed what sort of business practice you have. I was advised i have a Premium cover for landlond insurance. and here all when you are in trouble thats the time when we need help

Nikki

NikkiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WORST LANDLORD INSURER

Worst landlord insurance! There answer for every intentional and obvious damage was TENANT NEGLECT AND CARELESSNESS- claim denied. Pay extra and go else where. Have moved all my rental properties over to another insurer.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
See all CGU Landlord Insurance reviews

Adam

Adamasked

I would like to go ahead with Landlord insuranc.

I have read the CGU product disclosure statement and would like to clarify the following:

1. I have an large room under the rented house which will be Locked with a secure padlock. The tenants will not have access to this room. The room contains two small leather couches, several pieces of furniture, corded and battery operated power tools (domestic use only), assorted lamp shades, pictures and wall hangings ect.
Will these things be covered for damage by fire, theft, damage by tenants or other any unknown people?

2. The rest of the house is rented as fully furnished.
Does Accidental Damage Cover accidental damage to furniture by the tenant?
We have a dining table that converts to a pool table. If the tenant damages this as a result of an accident and it is not deliberate or malicious will it be coved under this policy.

3. If a tenant accidentally puts a large hole in a plaster wall will the repair be covered under the policy?

4. If several things are damaged accidentally by the tenant, is a seperate excess payable for each claim or would only one excess be payable for multiple claims made at the same time.

I appreciate you help in this regard to these questions and am hoping to insure my assets with CGU
Regards
Ad

Sara
Sara

My suggestion is that you should go direct to CGU or your broker and ask them. Best to do it in writing. No one else can give you advice on this, and if they did you could not rely on it in court in any event. Always a good test. They should let you know pretty quickly.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Adam, as Sara has mentioned - it's not that we can't give advice but your questions are specific to our product that unfortunately is the one product we aren't trained in through this team. I do suggest contacting us on 132-481 and have the team that are trained go through the cover with you. Alternatively you can have a read of our PDS by heading to https://www.cgu.com.au/sites/default/files/media/personal/pds/cgu_landlords_residential_insurance_policy_0319.PDF. ~Natalie

David W.

Don't consider CGU, or any broker that would willingly set you up for a fall with CGU or IAG they will find an excuse to deny your claim & you will find your not covered for anything!

Ms Anonymous

Ms Anonymousasked

Why does this site request your policy number when you make a review. Will that be revealed to the company. Where is the respect for peoples privacy!!

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Ms Anonymous,
Georgia from ProductReview here! We request that number to authenticate your review. This is not given to anyone and is used for our records only. It will not be displayed to the public to see nor will it be revealed to the company. We take our users privacy very seriously and will not provide your personal details to anyone!

Velvet Glove
Velvet Glove

I no longer have insurance with CGU because of their deception. I'll have to search through archived documentation to get the policy number. Send me another email in about a week to give me time to find the policy document. Regards,

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives

Other Landlord Insurance