CGU Landlord Insurance

CGU Landlord Insurance

1.3

Sara

I still cannot believe it!!

CGU
Care TeamCGU

Hi Sara, I am glad to hear you have been happy with the two claims experience. It can be very stressful at the best of time when tenants damage your property. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need further help. ~ Jono

Very good

Made a claim and was very promptly dealt with and paid out, through my property manager. Not sure if having multiple policies with them made a difference but I would like to think not.

Insurance claim madeYes
See all CGU Landlord Insurance reviews

Adam

Adamasked

I would like to go ahead with Landlord insuranc.

I have read the CGU product disclosure statement and would like to clarify the following:

1. I have an large room under the rented house which will be Locked with a secure padlock. The tenants will not have access to this room. The room contains two small leather couches, several pieces of furniture, corded and battery operated power tools (domestic use only), assorted lamp shades, pictures and wall hangings ect.
Will these things be covered for damage by fire, theft, damage by tenants or other any unknown people?

2. The rest of the house is rented as fully furnished.
Does Accidental Damage Cover accidental damage to furniture by the tenant?
We have a dining table that converts to a pool table. If the tenant damages this as a result of an accident and it is not deliberate or malicious will it be coved under this policy.

3. If a tenant accidentally puts a large hole in a plaster wall will the repair be covered under the policy?

4. If several things are damaged accidentally by the tenant, is a seperate excess payable for each claim or would only one excess be payable for multiple claims made at the same time.

I appreciate you help in this regard to these questions and am hoping to insure my assets with CGU
Regards
Ad

Sara

My suggestion is that you should go direct to CGU or your broker and ask them. Best to do it in writing. No one else can give you advice on this, and if they did you could not rely on it in court in any event. Always a good test. They should let you know pretty quickly.

CGU
Care TeamCGU

Hi Adam, as Sara has mentioned - it's not that we can't give advice but your questions are specific to our product that unfortunately is the one product we aren't trained in through this team. I do suggest contacting us on 132-481 and have the team that are trained go through the cover with you. Alternatively you can have a read of our PDS by heading to https://www.cgu.com.au/sites/default/files/media/personal/pds/cgu_landlords_residential_insurance_policy_0319.PDF. ~Natalie

David W.
David W.

Don't consider CGU, or any broker that would willingly set you up for a fall with CGU or IAG they will find an excuse to deny your claim & you will find your not covered for anything!

Ms Anonymous

Ms Anonymousasked

Why does this site request your policy number when you make a review. Will that be revealed to the company. Where is the respect for peoples privacy!!

Georgia McCarthy
Georgia McCarthy

Hi Ms Anonymous,
Georgia from ProductReview here! We request that number to authenticate your review. This is not given to anyone and is used for our records only. It will not be displayed to the public to see nor will it be revealed to the company. We take our users privacy very seriously and will not provide your personal details to anyone!

Velvet Glove
Velvet Glove

I no longer have insurance with CGU because of their deception. I'll have to search through archived documentation to get the policy number. Send me another email in about a week to give me time to find the policy document. Regards,

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives

Other Landlord Insurance