CGU Workers Compensation

CGU Workers Compensation

1.1

Robyn
Robyn

These reviews help others.

Hearing how others have been treated is very helpful to those struggling with ill health and then the claims process. Thank you to those who take the time to share their problems and painful experiences. The recent report from the Victorian Ombudsman is also very helpful in setting out the sorts of distressing problems that can arise. I hope that information will reduce any damage done by the claims process.

See all CGU Workers Compensation reviews

Rick
Rickasked

Hi
I am from Melbourne, Insurance company unfairly denied my legit work cover claim, then for 3 months I was home without pay struggling with injury and financially. Then on conciliation insurance company offered me all back pay & medical expenses but if I accept the claim, case closed, as I was financially collapsed and took the offer at conciliation. Now after 1year I got pain back, CAN I TAKE THIS MATTER TO COURT NOW???

Lawrie
Lawrie

I would say 100% yes. Any residual issues that arise from that injury should be treated under the same claim. Speak with a Lawyer or self represent at VCAT. Good Luck.

Care TeamCGU

Hi Rick, thanks for the question - we don't look after workers compensation claims through Product Review so I can't answer your question. You can contact us directly on 132-481. ~Nat

DESTROYED
DESTROYED

What Lawrie said sounds about right, Id contact a lawyer though.

Good luck

Ellie S.
Ellie S.asked

CGU won't even accept a claim I have had lodged, it is the second claim I have made form same employer.
its been 28 days and now I will lodge another conciliation form. what is the issue?? not even initial acknowledgement!!!

Joe Divita

Go see Mairice and black burn tac denied my claim. Maurice Blackburn got it through at reservoir branch

Care TeamCGU

HI Ellie, sorry to hear your claim hasn't been accepted. Can you please send us a PM on Facebook by heading to https://www.facebook.com/cguinsurance/ and let us know you've come from Product Review so we can escalate it further. ~Natalie

Elle M.
Elle M.asked

IME, apparently stands for an independent medical examiner. Don't be fooled, it really stands for INSURANCE medical examiner. Paid massive amounts purely to decline a claim. One easy way to sort these clowns once and for all. Most of these examiners have only ever done these assessments their whole career. That wouldn't really class them as qualified in a field. Most are old and have not done any further study in many years. They are insurance companies henchmen.
The whole system is designed to help them pocket bonuses, with there end goal you give up or you end up in the ground. If you can handle losing all you have after the 3 SSS (stave, stall, settle). You will finally see them in court with their tales between their legs.
It's only a matter of time that the rude awakening comes back to bite you CGU. People seem to think Work Safe is there to help, guess again. Just big brother to the corrupt 5 insurance companies. Maybe one day soon, someone will give you a lesson that changes it all and tips the favour for injured workers.

Joe Divita

CGU are scammers. My partner has been fighting to get knee surgery for 2 years . Cgu kept rejecting her surgeons recommendations and had to go medical board and there under the pay packet of cgu saying her knee was ok because scans didn’t show much. Cgu medical examiners saying her knees fine and didn’t happen at work when it did . Knee swallon sore getting worse.
Such a corrupt system not caring about injured workers . She lost her job.
Then 2.5 years later after lawyers finally got surgery and there was large tear. Now there not paying for her to recover and now another hall of conciliation and medical board and more. Stress . Its a system that’s so corrupt that it keeps everyone in a job. And Worksafe support are so corrupt that they don’t fight for you against cgu

Care TeamCGU

Hi Elle, we appreciate important feedback such as this and would very much like to follow up with you to address your concerns. Could you please use this link https://www.facebook.com/cguinsurance/ to Private Message us your name, DOB, policy number and the state your work was based in and we will arrange for someone from our Workers Compensation Claims team to contact you and help you with your claims complaint. ~ Jono

Artie K
Artie K

Even if an IME delivers a favourable report for the claimant CGU ignore it by cherry picking quotes, forcing conciliation time wasting.

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives