7Chasseur Cookware

Chasseur Cookware

7Chasseur Cookware
3.5

60% · 2916 · 33%
Brand Manager for Chasseur? Claim your listing.

JussyLiane
JussyLianeNew South Wales, 2777

Really Impressive!

I wanted the Le Creuset but ended up with the Le Chasseur, which was to my mind the same thing at a far reduced price. And I love it! Use it regularly, and it never disappoints! Easy to clean, heavy and sturdy, and I know without a doubt that I'll be using it for the next twenty years at least!
Great quality product, very easy to clean.
TINA FORRESTER
TINA FORRESTERKUNUNURRA WA

very dissapointed

I am not that rich but i was sick of cheap frying pan so i saved up for a good one. buying a Chasseur frying pan. aprx 300ml in size.Cast iron. I definitely made a bad choice.I expected a much superior product for the price i paid.I dont even use it any more.
The colour
I thought that paying more for a frying pan would represent a very good one.but unfortunately i was wrong.it is hard to clean and everything sticks to it..when you cook with it the handle gets to a ridiculous heat you can burn yourself chose to buy cast iron so i should have done more homework.cast iron is very heavy.
Dannie56
Dannie56Adelaide2 posts
perook
perookSYDNEY
  Classique

Everything I'd hoped it would be

I've just bought a Le Chasseur french oven. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Glad I chose the 26cm and not a smaller one. I love the beautiful French Blue. As for the cleaning? No problems at all. When using on top of the stove you don't need the heat up on the highest setting as the pan conducts heat so well. You need to stir food regularly to stop it sticking when you are using it on the hot plate. After several hours in the oven, slow cooked food does leave residue food marks. But these disappear easily by filling the empty pan with hot soapy water and soaking for a little while. Then empty pan and sprinkle with bi-carb soda and then wipe over with a damp sponge. Comes up spotless immediately.

nanook
nanookNSW, 202633 posts

gorgeous and hardwearing

I bought this about three years ago from Victoria's Basement, and while it seemed like an extravagance at the time, I'm very glad I own it. The only thing I wish I'd done was listen to the advice 'get the biggest one' - I got the oval shaped casserole dish rather than the larger round one, and frequently (because I get a bit carried away chopping up veggies) end up having to put some of the mix into my backup pyrex dish, with disappointing results. Anyway, I would not hesitate to buy this brand again: my casserole dish is a very good quality, solid piece of work, easy to clean and does the job you need it to.
lovely colour, well made, does the job!
a good cast iron casserole will always set you back a bit - but it will be with you for life
Tan.Ultimo
Tan.UltimoAU

A very good product!

After reading all other 5 reviews, I was quite hesitant to go and buy this product. But I thought, it is a very renowned brand, how can it be so bad? So I went and bought one at Victoria's Basement to see for myself. And I proved what I read wrong!
Easy to use, easy to clean! Cooks the meat through with awesome flavours!
Janoric