Cheap Chips

Cheap Chips

Brand Manager for Cheap Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3

Bought a card long story short it was fake

I bought a sandisk extreme from their website it arrived i put it in the computer and there was error messages took it to my local harvey norman they said the cards fake or faulty I tried to send it back they gave me an address but they haven’t contacted me about it or anything.

Comparing123
    Comparing123Perth, WA

Advertising a lowest price guarantee but not matching the lowest price

I wanted to buy a Lexar 600X 64GB 90MB/s High Performance Micro SD Memory Card - With USB 3.0 Card Reader and found a price on another Australian page which was 454 cheaper. i contacted cheap chips and they said that the product i found on the other website was bad quality (even though it is the same brand make model, everything) they said they will not match the price.
    this is false advertising on their homepage.
    Would not buy there.

Poor customer service.

I bought a GoPro from their website. It arrived promptly, and via courier, however didn't work. Took a long time to get an email response, I had to pay for the return postage (after the camera being a lot more expensive than the competitor's), and still haven't heard back about a replacement.
    Fast delivery.
    Terrible customer service!!!

Is the writing on the wall?

My first two orders for CF cards went without a hitch. I placed the order, paid and received everything within a couple of days. Both orders were in the hndreds $.

My latest order (backorder) for $23 has not turned up. Although ordered on April 4 2011 (and paid for) as at the date of writing.... Nothing. Despite sending 3 emails and having the 1800 number on their website ring out... still nothing. Not so much as an acknlowdgement.

I got so frustrated I emailed them and cancelled the order. Guess what... still no response and no refund.

I fear the signs are all too sinister.

I thought they were reliable, inexpensive and effiicient.... something has changed. I fear they may be out of business.

Electronics & Computing Shops

Find out how Cheap Chips compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

chipreview
    chipreview

Terrible

Not helpful after the fact, tried to get after sales support or a swap and was told to basically fix it myself. wont use them again, buy from a reputable dealer
    it was cheap but i think there is a reason
    all the cards are already formatted so if your device, like your phone needs to format it itself these cards are useless. I assume they are seconds or refurbs as ALL of there stock is preformatted.