MPN: CVE612SA
Listing monitored by Chef Cooking

2.8
George
GeorgeSydney, NSW

Waste of money for oven and repair - now resolved

Oven purchased as part of kitchen upgrade just over two years ago. Trips electrical safety switch on most occasions when used. Also paid for repair from chef appliances which found nothing. Have tried contacting Chef/Electrolux twice since as was unhappy to pay for service of their faulty oven but had no reply.
Update: Chef service got back in touch with me on posting my review and ultimately did a great job of repairing the oven. Thanks

Product is used Several times a week
Maree W.
Maree W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Piece of Crap

New JG King house only lasted two and a half years, cheap crap not worth fixing. Stone cold. Did not expect to worry about repairing such a new appliance. Not financially viable to spend money on repairs when a new one with warranty is $500

Product is used Several times a week

Other Wall Ovens

Sewsoau
SewsoauAdelaide

Basic but a goody

This oven was a standard supply from our builder. I believe first and foremost that the most important requirement of an oven is that it maintains an accurate temperature. I am satisfied that this oven does just that. Also, being fan forced it cooks evenly and so far I have had no trouble with it. It has done a good job of roasts as well as cakes. It may not come with all the bells and whistles but then those are just extras and this oven does what every oven needs to do. Cook well!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
TexasSydney

Glass exploded

This is rubbish, 2nd cook and the interior glass of the door exploded, there goes lunch. Contacted Electrolux and after dealing with a very rude person, we may get it fixed in about 7 days, glass has to come from South Australia.
Will never buy Chef or any Electrolux product. Stay away.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Hi Texas
I am really sorry you feel that way. I would really like to speak with you regarding your oven and ways I may be able to assist. Please contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda

Wall Ovens

Find out how Chef Cooking CVE612SA (Stainless Steel) compares to other Wall Ovens

markcairns

fan forced function not working

I recently purchased this oven (30/11/2017) from the Good Guys (Cairns) and had it installed today by our electrician (09/12/2017). It would appear that the fan forced function of the oven is not working. I have emailed electrolux today, but await a response. I might be a bit impatient but its not long until the festive season and would like an outcome soon.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Complete rubbish

I have already had a technician in once as the fan was making a noise. This oven does not get hot enough all I ever hear from my family is "My food is still frozen" after following instructions on packages. Takes double the amount of time and still barely cooked. This oven is a waste of time and money.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
jeanne
jeanne

Thank you Electrolux for your Great customer service and swift response in this matter. Greatly appreciated and very happy with the outcome. Thank you again

Rubbish

No Cheap & Nasty! No good don't even know the correct model number because it is not on the front of the oven, not hot enough and shelves are two close to each other, so if you have to cook a large roast, good luck, one oven tray is near the bottom the other is near the top!!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
ELECTROLUX ..Chef Cooking

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Kim.N
Kim.Nasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Bought new but the timer does not ring or alarm when at 0. How are you supposed to know when time is up?

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

So you rang them for advice?

Carolyne
Carolyneasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Hi...just heated up tea and the knobs and panel are hotter than the oven with a funny smell... Should this be happening?

The Punisher
The Punisher

I have the white model. The panel and knobs do get hot, but I wouldn't say they're hotter than the oven itself. And I've never experienced a funny smell.

SaraT
SaraTasked
CVE612SA (Stainless Steel)

Having issues with the fan on our oven (as is most of our estate) which has been making a horrible grinding noise. And have been given conflicting information. My rental agent says it's safe to keep using till the issue has been resolved. Others were advised it is dangerous. Are you able to shed some light on the situation?!

See all Chef Cooking CVE612SA (Stainless Steel) questions